+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Clean House (Style Network)

Re: Clean House (Style Network)

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;3137528;
    Wow, last year's messiest house WAS gross - but this year's house is beyond putrid. A whole new level of filth. And the couple is getting death threats!? Seriously crazy
    Death threats? That is ridiculous. Yes, the Wheelers have a problem and I hope the show at least has a therapist on staff (I doubt it), but I don't understand all the anger toward them & the belief they don't deserve the cleanup.

There have been people with worse personalities, albeit no where near as filthy, whose economic status would have afforded them to hire a professional organizer, therapist, housekeeper, etc and on the Style message boards, no where have people been as cruel.

These people are ill and don't have a lot of money; perfect candidates for the show. Or as I like to call it and the whole Style Network; Product Placement Central Network aka The Swag Network.
    Last edited by naomibanks; 07-20-2008 at 04:56 PM.

okay i finally got to watch it. OMG! i totally wanted to :puke ! I think Mark did right by giving them a spare room instead of a baby's room. They are no way ready for a baby. Hello, they couldn't even take down a nasty fly strip or clean up the cat poop in the closest so how the freak are they going to take care of a baby?

Quote Originally Posted by surviorwannabe;3148777;
    okay i finally got to watch it. OMG! i totally wanted to :puke ! I think Mark did right by giving them a spare room instead of a baby's room. They are no way ready for a baby. Hello, they couldn't even take down a nasty fly strip or clean up the cat poop in the closest so how the freak are they going to take care of a baby?
    Reproduction should not even be an option for people like that....EVER! I have never seen anything so disgusting. How can people even live like that... there are homeless people who are more conscience of sanitation than they are... and honestly...more deserving of a home and outside help. I can't even begin to tolerate people who can't (and refuse) to help themselves because of sheer laziness. They should have left them to waste away (pun intended) in their own filth and donated their money and time to a better cause.

These "dirty houses" all seem like set ups to me. They don't seem like the real deal at all. If you've ever watched any of the shows that show reall hoarders, (like on Oprah) you see rotting food all over, not just in the fridge, dog and cat feces ground into the carpets, dirty diapers in piles On this show it just looks like they cleaned out a couple of resale shops and through stuff around the houses. I think this show is for entertainment only. I WANT DOG POOP!!!

I'm watching the Blount family again; now that is another family with issues. The family lives in a two bedroom condo; where their 13 year old son shares a room with his slightly younger sisters. Okay, eventually that boy, if not already, will want to spend some quality time with a magazine, tissues and lotion.

And yet, these people have multiple vehicles, security system w/ cameras, large drum set and a boat. Am I wrong to think sell something and get a bigger condo so that your teen and tweens have their own space?

It's not like with those assets they couldn't afford it. Pathetic.

The father is so self involved and the wife is an enabler.
    Last edited by naomibanks; 08-01-2008 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3152127;
    These "dirty houses" all seem like set ups to me. They don't seem like the real deal at all. If you've ever watched any of the shows that show reall hoarders, (like on Oprah) you see rotting food all over, not just in the fridge, dog and cat feces ground into the carpets, dirty diapers in piles On this show it just looks like they cleaned out a couple of resale shops and through stuff around the houses. I think this show is for entertainment only. I WANT DOG POOP!!!
    I respectfully disagree on this one (I'm referring to the Messiest House episode).....did you see the scene when Matt Iseman (sp) found the 2 years worth of old cat poop ? (the owners cut a big hole in the closet floor & that's where the cats did there business). You musta missed it.

I have to also disagree. The show has shown us some really messy and in some cases filthy, maybe not as filthy as the messiest home couple.

There was a show on early Sunday morning....I tuned into it already in progress. Mom and daughter deal. Clutter all over the place. If I heard correctly, the mother is a judge. Anyway, she fought tooth and nail all the way over getting rid of her stuff. She didn't want them to sell her ratty ugly couch. The daughter and her fought over which of the many board games they could keep or sell.

When the rooms were done, the daughter really liked her bedroom. Mom hated it.

When they showed her the new living room, the mom freaked out. Hated everything about it and had a major meltdown.

I don't catch this show often enough, but this was the first time I had ever seen someone so ungrateful and really, really hate what was done to the house. Now I wish I had seen the whole show.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3155590;
    There was a show on early Sunday morning....I tuned into it already in progress. Mom and daughter deal. Clutter all over the place. If I heard correctly, the mother is a judge. Anyway, she fought tooth and nail all the way over getting rid of her stuff. She didn't want them to sell her ratty ugly couch. The daughter and her fought over which of the many board games they could keep or sell.

When the rooms were done, the daughter really liked her bedroom. Mom hated it.

When they showed her the new living room, the mom freaked out. Hated everything about it and had a major meltdown.

I don't catch this show often enough, but this was the first time I had ever seen someone so ungrateful and really, really hate what was done to the house. Now I wish I had seen the whole show.
    Oh that's a classic "must see" MamaC. The mother is indeed a judge fittingly named Dragon....I'm not kidding. They've replayed it on "Clean House Comes Clean" and not surprisingly they said that there was a whole lot more that was never even shown. The woman has issues!
    CYA

I hope to get to see it again, in its entirety. That mom/judge was something else. I could tell that she had other issues that went way deeper than just a messy house. But yikes, can you imagine going into court and having her up on the bench?

I would love to see follow up shows to see if the houses remained clean and orderly or if the people went back to their old ways.

+ Reply to Thread