+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Clean House (Style Network)

Re: Clean House (Style Network)

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3115662;
    I don't get the anger either. Style Network didn't make these people pigs. These people sent in the tape of their home on their own. If your home is bad enough to video and sent to a show then you are completely aware you have issues. If anythng I should be mad these people exist and I was visibly shaken from the viewing all that foolishness and mayhem.
    I agree that they sent their tape in and obviously knew what a horrible state their house was in---and to that end, I understand what you are saying. But "mad that these people exist"? That seems a little harsh. Their filthy home has no impact on your daily life.

I think this couple was so far in denial that they bought their own excuses for why their house looked the way it did. (ie his back injury, her problems with infertility) The fact that they honestly thought they were ready for a baby (or perhaps that a baby would fix all of their problems) shows how far removed they were from reality.

I think a situation like this happens little by little, over time, which adds to the depression and it just becomes a vicious circle. I feel secure in sayng that nobody sets out to live like they did.

Quote Originally Posted by lvmykds;3116009;
    I agree that they sent their tape in and obviously knew what a horrible state their house was in---and to that end, I understand what you are saying. But "mad that these people exist"? That seems a little harsh. Their filthy home has no impact on your daily life.

I think this couple was so far in denial that they bought their own excuses for why their house looked the way it did. (ie his back injury, her problems with infertility) The fact that they honestly thought they were ready for a baby (or perhaps that a baby would fix all of their problems) shows how far removed they were from reality.

I think a situation like this happens little by little, over time, which adds to the depression and it just becomes a vicious circle. I feel secure in sayng that nobody sets out to live like they did.
    I didn't mean in a literal sense. Filthy people are just downright nasty. Those two people aren't fit enough to raise rats and they actually want someone to put A child in their slovenly clutches. I can understand clutter I can't however understand not cleaning your tub & toilet for months at a time is just downright trifling. I can't understand 25lbs of old cat poop in the closet, Empty food boxes all over the house.

The hubby's back wasn't hurting to bad when he was twirling his cane.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3116246;
    I didn't mean in a literal sense. Filthy people are just downright nasty. Those two people aren't fit enough to raise rats and they actually want someone to put A child in their slovenly clutches. I can understand clutter I can't however understand not cleaning your tub & toilet for months at a time is just downright trifling. I can't understand 25lbs of old cat poop in the closet, Empty food boxes all over the house.

The hubby's back wasn't hurting to bad when he was twirling his cane.
    I've seen it happen. Depression can be a reason. You think you can't catch up and you just give up. There can also be mental illness and abuse issues. Sometimes there is a reason and it is not just because they are nasty, filthy people. Sometimes there is not a reason.

I watched an episode of Reno 911 over the weekend (I never watch that show) and I never knew Niecy is a character on that show! Love that woman!
    I agree that depression can compound the issue tremendously. I have bouts where I don't feel like picking stuff up but I can never leave dirty dishes or unclean bathrooms without cleaning them. Clutter, I can live with most of the time.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Whenever I get to slacking when it comes to housecleaning I always turn on Clean House for inspiration! The Messiest House in the Country episode? OMG it was so beyond disgusting that I had to turn the channel. It was giving me hives.

And you just KNOW those people are gonna trash that house up again

I love Clean House. When I was getting ready to move I throw so much away. I looked at everything as will i need it or do i need it. If the answer was no then I threw it away. I was surprised by how much i threw away.

I have not seen this years messiest house but I remember last years. OMG!! i thought I was going to puke!

Quote Originally Posted by surviorwannabe;3137422;
    I have not seen this years messiest house but I remember last years. OMG!! i thought I was going to puke!
    Wow, last year's messiest house WAS gross - but this year's house is beyond putrid. A whole new level of filth. And the couple is getting death threats!? Seriously crazy

Quote Originally Posted by surviorwannabe;3137422;
    I love Clean House. When I was getting ready to move I throw so much away. I looked at everything as will i need it or do i need it. If the answer was no then I threw it away. I was surprised by how much i threw away.

When you watch don't eat. Phil & Mindy make Mamma Loria from last season seem like a neat freak. This house was filthy!

when i turned it on it today it was at the yard sale so i turned it off. I will have to head over to the style network and see when it is going to come on again.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

I really think the level of mess and filth from last year to this was about the same. I watched the behind the scenes from the Loria house and most of the really filthy stuff was left out of the regular show. Like the rats in the basement that had eaten through most of the stuff her son had down there in boxes and the number of trash dumpsters (9) that were used to haul away the stuff too awful to even put in a yard sale or for them to think they had to keep it. Phil and Mindy at least were aware they had a problem. Mrs. Loria didn't see where there was anything wrong with how she lived and what her house and bedroom looked like. She really resented her daughter for sending in the tape and Nicey had to threaten to pack everyone up and leave to get any cooperation at all.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread