+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 216162636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread: I Love Money

Re: I Love Money

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;4092972;
    OJ did it. He was found guilty of being responsible for it and then wrote a book about it. I dont care how stupid that jury was. He is 100% guilty of those murders. I mean, why else has all of his lawyers except one been given their just karma?

Anyways, this weeks elimination was the best yet. Brittayna is a moron for keeping Pun as once hes paymaster shes gone but the look on Ballers face was priceless. I wish Sassy would have gotten that goop all over her weave. That would have made the episode great.
    Now I agree OJ looks pretty darn guilty, but for you to say definitively "OJ Did it" and is "100% guilty of those murders", is pretty bold and borderline reckless. Did you watch the entire trial, review all of the evidence? I'm guessing you didn't and are just throwing out your knee-jerk opinion based only on what the media reported that you believe OJ did it. He was not found guilty in the criminal case.

His book was called "If I did it", it wasn't a confession. It could just as easily be a broke guy trying to milk what he could to make some quick cash.

Additionally, saying "I mean, why else has all of his lawyers except one been given their just karma?" is just absurd. There are plenty of lawyers who routinely get off criminals who committed even more heinous crimes than you believe OJ did who are just fine. It's called random chance, any our human nature to lock onto the strange patterns that arise, yet ignore the thousands of normal patterns that occur the rest of the time.

That said, I agree it wasn't smart of Brittanya to keep Pun, because Pun is physically stronger, and mentally sharper than she is, so in the end he will beat her. However, I don't see Pun as the type to eliminate Brittanya for revenge. He comes across as a businessman, I think he will eliminate his strongest competition to increase his odds of winning money.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;4092972;
    OJ did it. He was found guilty of being responsible for it and then wrote a book about it. I dont care how stupid that jury was. He is 100% guilty of those murders. I mean, why else has all of his lawyers except one been given their just karma?
    \.

Woah. Okay, I totally dislike OJ and the DNA proved he killed two people.

However, let me just point out a few things.

Defense lawyers are defense lawyers, they have to believe in either their client's innocent or in a corrupt legal system or some other reason. Just like Prosecutors believe that every person charged with a crime was the main culprit. Its their job.

OJ's defense team is not different than any other defense team in the world.

I can't believe I am going to defend a Kardashian, but here it goes....

Robert Kardashian didn't die from "karma". He died from esophageal cancer. A cancer that ravages the body faster than any other cancer in the body, way worse than pancreatic cancer. The chance of surviving esophageal cancer in 5 years if less than 3 percent. Its a highly aggressive, brutal cancer that, on averages kills the patient within 3-5 months from diagnosis. And the death from it is horrid. You die based on several factors, but the main one is electrolyte imbalance due to malnutrition. You are basically starving yourself to death, rapidly of course. Even with a feeding tube, the location of the tumor almost always pushes down or against the stomach, causing extreme heartburn, inability to fill the stomach, or too much acid production. If you decide to go for chemo or radiation, it is Hell. Worse than most chemos. Because the size and location of the tumor, everytime you vomit, you feel like you are going to explode inside. And you vomit a LOT. Radiation tends to burn a hole into your lungs, leading to stomach contents to filter into the lung. This leads to pneumonia. Usually at this time, you have lost around 50 pounds of your weight, on average and your mental status begins to deteriorate. You now become susceptible to infections that lead to sepsis, which leads to shock, and leads to multiorgan failure. You may or may not be on a ventilator at this point with a catheter draining out your bladder from your stomach (suprapubic). You die as a result of septic shock and pneumonia. Almost always way too young, either in the 40s or 50s. although there are ages older and younger as well.

My dad died on Thanksgiving of Esophageal Cancer. Its a bastard of a cancer. What did he do to deserve his death? To say that ANYONE deserves cancer, let alone E.C is a slap in the face to every single cancer survivor and the caregivers left behind of all the brave and valiant warriors that fought for their life, and lost. So no, Kardashian did not get his "Karma". He was OJ's friend and did what a friend does: stand by them, no matter what. We would do the same for our friends, our true ones. We wouldnt even let the idea entertain our brains because we see our family and friends through rosed color glasses, usually.

I can't stand the Kardashians and I really cant stand OJ....but I had to put my two cents out there about the validiity of 'karma'

FORT Newbie

The only karma is, he is in jail now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;4096474;
    Woah. Okay, I totally dislike OJ and the DNA proved he killed two people. However, let me just point out a few things. Defense lawyers are defense lawyers, they have to believe in either their client's innocent or in a corrupt legal system or some other reason. Just like Prosecutors believe that every person charged with a crime was the main culprit. Its their job. OJ's defense team is not different than any other defense team in the world. I can't believe I am going to defend a Kardashian, but here it goes.... Robert Kardashian didn't die from "karma". He died from esophageal cancer. A cancer that ravages the body faster than any other cancer in the body, way worse than pancreatic cancer. The chance of surviving esophageal cancer in 5 years if less than 3 percent. Its a highly aggressive, brutal cancer that, on averages kills the patient within 3-5 months from diagnosis. And the death from it is horrid. You die based on several factors, but the main one is electrolyte imbalance due to malnutrition. You are basically starving yourself to death, rapidly of course. Even with a feeding tube, the location of the tumor almost always pushes down or against the stomach, causing extreme heartburn, inability to fill the stomach, or too much acid production. If you decide to go for chemo or radiation, it is Hell. Worse than most chemos. Because the size and location of the tumor, everytime you vomit, you feel like you are going to explode inside. And you vomit a LOT. Radiation tends to burn a hole into your lungs, leading to stomach contents to filter into the lung. This leads to pneumonia. Usually at this time, you have lost around 50 pounds of your weight, on average and your mental status begins to deteriorate. You now become susceptible to infections that lead to sepsis, which leads to shock, and leads to multiorgan failure. You may or may not be on a ventilator at this point with a catheter draining out your bladder from your stomach (suprapubic). You die as a result of septic shock and pneumonia. Almost always way too young, either in the 40s or 50s. although there are ages older and younger as well. My dad died on Thanksgiving of Esophageal Cancer. Its a bastard of a cancer. What did he do to deserve his death? To say that ANYONE deserves cancer, let alone E.C is a slap in the face to every single cancer survivor and the caregivers left behind of all the brave and valiant warriors that fought for their life, and lost. So no, Kardashian did not get his "Karma". He was OJ's friend and did what a friend does: stand by them, no matter what. We would do the same for our friends, our true ones. We wouldnt even let the idea entertain our brains because we see our family and friends through rosed color glasses, usually. I can't stand the Kardashians and I really cant stand OJ....but I had to put my two cents out there about the validiity of 'karma'
    You describe eloquently how the justice system works and why defense attorneys don't deserve the contempt thrown their way. But just as importantly my heart goes out to you-no words can ever explain or express the emotional trauma of watching someone you love die from such a horrific disease, especially on a holiday. My mom died of bone cancer on Christmas-when I hear anyone say someone deserves cancer or that a human being is suffering because of karma or payback from God, I want to scream. You are right, the caregivers (i.e. family) go through an indescribable agony that leaves you exhausted despairing and completely broken. Whatever time you have left with your loved one is hardly peaceful -it is as you described. Watching my dad cry when my mom died forever altered my view of the world- he is a quiet man, to see him break down and fall apart was almost worse than my mother dying. I can't stand the Kardashians either, but in the end those kids must have gone through hell watching their father suffering, in constant physical agony. No karma, no God would allow such suffering to touch those who love the person dying before them. Again, I am sorry, especially as we come upon the holidays, which are hard on those whose loved ones have died during what should be a festive time of year.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

I feel guilty for saying this, but i find Garth weirdly entertaining. I usually loathe his type of personality, but I swear, lurking beneath that drunken exterior is a nutty genius. Or, just a nut
    I feel like I've just made a deep dark confession.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4097545;
    I feel guilty for saying this, but i find Garth weirdly entertaining. I usually loathe his type of personality, but I swear, lurking beneath that drunken exterior is a nutty genius. Or, just a nut
    I feel like I've just made a deep dark confession.
    You have just confessed to possibly admiring Garth... OMG!!!!! Actually with the exception of his lecherous ways (or maybe even with them...) he's pretty funny. I don't know that arrogance suits him well tho.

I don't really have a favorite (I know I have Mindy listed in my signature but I've sorta waned on her), but I'm rooting for the girls since I can't stand Punisher and anyone associated with him for that matter. But when Blonde Baller kept going off about people's parents, I was okay with her going home.

Tonight, I was a bit sad to see Sassy go over 6 Gauge. Compared to 6 Gauge, she brings much more to the show than him.

The alliances on this show are always changing. It's so confusing. One minute, Cisco hates Punisher and vice versa, and I believe that it's still this way. But is Cisco part of the guy + Brittanya alliance? He looked relieved when 6 Gauge was safe. And why do Mindy and Corn Fed keep switching sides? One moment they're in a "Flower Power" alliance, the next they want Marcia out, and now they're voting with the girls. I wish they had realized that their best interest was to stick with the girls earlier.

This season sorta sucks, but at the same time I'm enjoying it for the simple fact that I still can't believe that it's on the air.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4097783;
    I don't really have a favorite (I know I have Mindy listed in my signature but I've sorta waned on her), but I'm rooting for the girls since I can't stand Punisher and anyone associated with him for that matter. But when Blonde Baller kept going off about people's parents, I was okay with her going home.

Tonight, I was a bit sad to see Sassy go over 6 Gauge. Compared to 6 Gauge, she brings much more to the show than him.

The alliances on this show are always changing. It's so confusing. One minute, Cisco hates Punisher and vice versa, and I believe that it's still this way. But is Cisco part of the guy + Brittanya alliance? He looked relieved when 6 Gauge was safe. And why do Mindy and Corn Fed keep switching sides? One moment they're in a "Flower Power" alliance, the next they want Marcia out, and now they're voting with the girls. I wish they had realized that their best interest was to stick with the girls earlier.

This season sorta sucks, but at the same time I'm enjoying it for the simple fact that I still can't believe that it's on the air.
    Britantya gives me the creeps -I jsut want to put a hose on her and wash off all the germs.

FORT Fanatic

I apologize for making light of something you had to go through. That was not the point of what I was saying. I didnt know exactly what happened to Kardashian but I thought it was out of the blue and very sudden. Same thing with Cochran. I was not aware it was cancer in either case. I too have been in the same situations with a loved one and know how hard it is so I was not trying to make light of what happened to them. In no way would I joke about how someone who suffering from a disease is payback for something they did. All I was saying is they helped this person get out of a horrible thing he did and in the end something happened to them.

Quote Originally Posted by barbh;4097581;
    You have just confessed to possibly admiring Garth... OMG!!!!! Actually with the exception of his lecherous ways (or maybe even with them...) he's pretty funny. I don't know that arrogance suits him well tho.
    I know, didn't he last like only a few epiosodes on whatever previous show he was on?

Wow, I have to say this last episode really chnged my positive opinion about six gage/gauge and i found the behavior of Pun and even garth to be so embrarrassing when Brooklyn saved six gage/gauge. You could tell Brooklyn was embarassed by their behavior(although I didn't mind sassy going home).
    I guess I'm rooting for Cornfed and Mindy att his point and i wonder if the editing is simply preparing us for the downfall of Pun, Garth and the boys.

+ Reply to Thread