+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: I Love Money

Re: I Love Money

Quote Originally Posted by Terena79;3405394;
    No, you're not the only one. I like 20s crew over Taylor Made's as well. And Craig not allowing them to run out the clock makes me mad, too. I think they also did away with the whole 1 person quits and the paymaster gets to put another person in the bottom to choose from as well,or else they'd have had one of their people just quit and 20 could have put TM in the bottom and tossed him out. I hate rule changes.
    I disagree. I think its great that rules have evolved from last season to this one- why should it have to be the same? They need to keep these brain surgeons on their toes. In my opinion, the way they have adapted things allows for cowardly, bullyish, manipulative behavior to NOT be rewarded (quitting, having a diva attack in the box, blatantly throwing challenges with no sublety) and for people who are actually trying to compete in the game in a smart and strategic non-abusive way to be rewarded. I think the 15 minute rule for the box should be for when there is truly a difference of opinion/stalemate on who should be voted in, not a chance to be rewarded for screaming, yelling, throwing water on people and faking fainting. Yes its entertaining, but I dont want them to win for that. Yes I like being entertained by the crazy, rude, and personality-disordered Dumb Alliance, but at the end of the day I would like one of the nicer, better people from the Smart Alliance to win.

p.s. plus, Saph or Becky would never have quit because they are too arrogant to realize they could be sent home. And frenchy didn't deserve to have to quit- she saved 20 previously. saph and becky never did anything for him and both of them would turn on him in a second if they needed to- frenchy wouldn't
    Last edited by RealityRealmer; 04-07-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3405924;
    I disagree. I think its great that rules have evolved from last season to this one- why should it have to be the same? They need to keep these brain surgeons on their toes.
    But then they need to say that they have changed it and not lead the players and the viewers to believe its still a valid rule but then have Craig butt in. If its not a rule....fine, but they shouldn't pretend like it is. :nono
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3405937;
    But then they need to say that they have changed it and not lead the players and the viewers to believe its still a valid rule but then have Craig butt in. If its not a rule....fine, but they shouldn't pretend like it is. :nono
    but I don't think they DID pretend that it was still a rule..... just because it was that way last season doesn't automatically mean it has to be that way this season. No one tried to quit before being eliminated this season so far- they tried to get leilene to do it but she didn't. Its not like they changed the rule mid-season. I don't think Craig is butting in when he steps in in the box, he is doing his job, keeping order and implementing the rule the way it was intended to be, in my opinion. Its not like they let people stall by going hog-wild (or should that be buck wild lol) in the box last season either. They state that the rule is "if a clear consensus cannot be arrived at the paymaster decided, NOT if the drama queens can distract everyone for long enough then the paymaster decides lol. I dont think craig would step in if they were truly debating and discussing who should go rather than throwing water and getting aggressive. And I think it goes without saying that each new challenge comes with its own rules and expectations. The players don't run the game (even though some of them think they are entitled to LOL)
    Last edited by RealityRealmer; 04-07-2009 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j8sheehy;3405900;
    im with ya too. i hate everyone on TMs alliance. the only thing is that frenchys annoying and i hate to see her touch 20pack-it makes me cringe, but i think shes a nice person.
    I have an almost pathological hatred for TM and his crew. He makes me shudder, the way one shudders over the aroma of spoiled milk on a hot August afternoon.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3405937;
    Maybe the show is trying to help the TM group to a win- because ILM3 could be about Frank and Becky plotting revenge against him. That in itself would be worth watching-I'm just trying to figure out where the rule about time/ the box came from, because it seems like Craig pulled it out of the air.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Yeah...I just think if you have a rule then it should be stated clearly. And if they want to change it then they should say so. Nothing wrong with that. But don't have a rule and try to avoid it. Annoying...
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Useless Comedy Poster HurriKaty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3405276;
    Am I the sole fan of Frenchie/20/Saaph here on FoRT?
    Not at all. I don't care either way about 20 but Frenchie and Saaph are basically the two funniest things on the show, even if I do have to admit Tailor Made makes me laugh as well. When Frenchie was talking nonsense and the subtitles had her talking about Barry White and Lions I was dying. Plus, Frenchie isn't evil, she just wants to get naked. She's second to me only to My Lord and Master The Great Overlord Frank the Entertainer.
    You've been Philiminated.

Well it seems that all of the 20/Frenchie/Saaphyri fans have come out of hiding after I made that post. Woohoo, now I don't feel so alone!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3405311;
    CG- I'm thinking the producers are a lot more quick to step in when they THINK it's going to get physical. It seemed after ILM 1 that Chance and Real getting physical with Mr. Boston is when Craig started stepping in more.
    This is what I think also. In fact, I'm pretty confident this is the reason why Craig steps in when things get too wild. I know he's just doing his job, but it still angers me when he does this. I'm pretty sure the 15-min time limit was only implemented in case the players were stuck in a dead-set tie. But still, it's exciting TV when I see these people bicker and fight continuously.

Quote Originally Posted by barbh;3405481;
    While I want to give the Entertainer/Buckwild/Saaph/20 alliance credit for some of the most humorous moments of the show, calling them the underdogs really is stretching the point. Their alliance had every intention of doing precisely what Tailor Made's alliance is doing, they were just completely obvious, blatant and thoughtless.

Becky/Frank/20/Saaph all assumed they were superior to the rest of the members of the game. They're being proved wrong. They could have turned things around earlier, when it looked like they were suddenly against a more fierce opponent, but they didn't. They made it easier for Tailor Made to use It against them. They made it easier for Cali to be sent home. They used no subtlety.
    I think they're absolutely the underdogs currently. I agree with you that they pretty much set themselves up in this situation (if Saaphyri didn't betray Frank, then they could have still had the numbers). But circumstances aside, Tailor Made's crew is up 5 members to 3. Not to mention that it looks like the 3 outside players look to be turning on each other in episodes to come, specifically Saaphyri turning on 20 after he sent Becky home. At this point, it looks like Tailor Made, It, Myammee, Prancer, and Ice have the best chance to win, placing the other 3 in an underdog position.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3405924;
    In my opinion, the way they have adapted things allows for cowardly, bullyish, manipulative behavior to NOT be rewarded (quitting, having a diva attack in the box, blatantly throwing challenges with no sublety) and for people who are actually trying to compete in the game in a smart and strategic non-abusive way to be rewarded. I think the 15 minute rule for the box should be for when there is truly a difference of opinion/stalemate on who should be voted in, not a chance to be rewarded for screaming, yelling, throwing water on people and faking fainting. Yes its entertaining, but I dont want them to win for that. Yes I like being entertained by the crazy, rude, and personality-disordered Dumb Alliance, but at the end of the day I would like one of the nicer, better people from the Smart Alliance to win.
    But it's what makes this show so original. If I want to see the player who used the smartest strategies win the game, then I would watch Survivor or Big Brother. But with I Love Money, acting crazy is a strategy. So is quitting. And throwing challenges. And faking to be sick. The list can go on and on. The point is, all of these actions that are basically unheard of in other reality shows are allowed on this show and are actual means of winning the game. Typing this now, it's utterly hilarious thinking about it.

Anyway, if better players were to be rewarded in this game, then Megan would have won last season. A lot of people may hate her, but you can't deny that she was strategically awesome on the show.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I'm a fan of 20 Pack and his crew as well. I was from Day 1. Kinda like those other competition shows, where they have a dominant boring alliance picking people off, no fun to watch.

Pretty sure there's footage of Becky getting physical and that is why Criag stepped in, but I'd prefer the Paymaster picking 2 of the 3 for the elimination.

Yes, what happened with Megan was kind of weak. I wonder if they will do that again this year?

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3406960;
    But it's what makes this show so original. If I want to see the player who used the smartest strategies win the game, then I would watch Survivor or Big Brother. But with I Love Money, acting crazy is a strategy. So is quitting. And throwing challenges. And faking to be sick. The list can go on and on. The point is, all of these actions that are basically unheard of in other reality shows are allowed on this show and are actual means of winning the game. Typing this now, it's utterly hilarious thinking about it.
    I guess that's a good point
    I actually started out the season liking Frank, Becky and Saph- I thought they were hilarious. But as the season went on I started to dislike them because they acted like they were the only ones entitled to strategize and were furious that Tailor Made dared to try to do so (oh that snake!!)- that just got on my nerves. I didn't like the bullying either, but I agree the crazy antics are funny. I don't dislike 20 pack, I just think he is dumb. I do like Tailor Made, I think he is smart but I also find him quite hilarious too (just watch him run, or laugh hysterically, or some of his commentary) and he is cute in a dorky endearing sort of way. And It is hilarious. So I am for the alliance of Tailor Mandela!!!

I bet they will do something totally different for the ending, they have shown us they like to change things up this season

+ Reply to Thread