+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: I Love Money

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: I Love Money

I made the mistake of putting in my contact lenses and watching the show in HD for the first time. That lasted about 2 minutes. I had to go into the bedroom and watch it on a small screen with no contact lenses so I wouldn't burn the retinas of my eyes. Most of these people are as ugly on the outside as they are on the inside. I find Saaphyri particularly annoying, but I'm fine with Becky Buckwild going home first.

Am I the sole fan of Frenchie/20/Saaph here on FoRT? 'Cause I really do not want to see anyone from Tailor Made's crew go on to win, unless there's some dramatic power shift later in the future.

I've always believed VH1 was the channel that knows reality the best. Only Bravo compares, but without Project Runway under it's belt anymore, I think VH1 wins. Sure, their shows are trashy, but they're almost always fun. They have only had a few misses (FOL3, ROL:CS), but other than those, all of their reality shows have been amazing. This season of ILM definitely follows suit.

BUT

I am so annoyed by how Craig steps in when things get a little too heated. It gives the underdogs no chance at all to keep their check out of the box, basically eliminated the strategy of "stalling the clock." The only time I would agree with Craig to stop the clock is if anyone physically hurts anyone else. But stopping the clock because BeckyBuckwild poured water on Myammee? C'mon! Don't they want interesting TV?

I must say that Saaph and the needles had me in stitches.

I was saddened by who ended up in the B3 as they were basically the only people I had to root for. Any way it went, I would be unhappy with the result.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

CG- I'm thinking the producers are a lot more quick to step in when they THINK it's going to get physical. It seemed after ILM 1 that Chance and Real getting physical with Mr. Boston is when Craig started stepping in more.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3405276;
    Am I the sole fan of Frenchie/20/Saaph here on FoRT? 'Cause I really do not want to see anyone from Tailor Made's crew go on to win, unless there's some dramatic power shift later in the future.

I've always believed VH1 was the channel that knows reality the best. Only Bravo compares, but without Project Runway under it's belt anymore, I think VH1 wins. Sure, their shows are trashy, but they're almost always fun. They have only had a few misses (FOL3, ROL:CS), but other than those, all of their reality shows have been amazing. This season of ILM definitely follows suit.

BUT

I am so annoyed by how Craig steps in when things get a little too heated. It gives the underdogs no chance at all to keep their check out of the box, basically eliminated the strategy of "stalling the clock." The only time I would agree with Craig to stop the clock is if anyone physically hurts anyone else. But stopping the clock because BeckyBuckwild poured water on Myammee? C'mon! Don't they want interesting TV?

I was saddened by who ended up in the B3 as they were basically the only people I had to root for. Any way it went, I would be unhappy with the result.
    No, you're not the only one. I like 20s crew over Taylor Made's as well. And Craig not allowing them to run out the clock makes me mad, too. I think they also did away with the whole 1 person quits and the paymaster gets to put another person in the bottom to choose from as well,or else they'd have had one of their people just quit and 20 could have put TM in the bottom and tossed him out. I hate rule changes.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

FORT Fan

BUT

While I want to give the Entertainer/Buckwild/Saaph/20 alliance credit for some of the most humorous moments of the show, calling them the underdogs really is stretching the point. Their alliance had every intention of doing precisely what Tailor Made's alliance is doing, they were just completely obvious, blatant and thoughtless.

Becky was so blatant in how she threw challenges that if she'd been on the first ILM, she'd be off the show already. The fact that she was throwing challenges in the favor of the other team was the only thing that saved her.

And their alliance pointed out again and again how they were stronger and better. When I watched the first ILM, my daughter and I argued about the strength of the Stallionaire/White Boy alliance. They weren't winning many challenges, so how'd they get so far...? Better playing. They threw challenges when necessary, but never with complete disregard for their team. They managed to stall, but not by threatening.

Becky/Frank/20/Saaph all assumed they were superior to the rest of the members of the game. They're being proved wrong. They could have turned things around earlier, when it looked like they were suddenly against a more fierce opponent, but they didn't. They made it easier for Tailor Made to use It against them. They made it easier for Cali to be sent home. They used no subtlety.

I don't know who I want to win, but the spoilsports? they're not high on my list.

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Loved Loved Loved Becky's being sent home. I can not stand that girl. Also loved Miami palming her face! Hilarious. Becky and Saphyri are two clowns. And I don't mean that in a loving way.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

I was also a fan of 20 Pack's alliance but I think it was strickly from an entertaining point. Buckwild and Sapphyri trying to stall the time was hilarious. I loved when Buckwild dragged Sapphyri out of the vault to play like she was really sick and then the paramedics came with the needles. I don't think I've ever seen someone recover so quickly. I honestly don't want to see TalorMade, Prancer or Myamee win.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

BUT

You're not the only one CG. I was bummed to see it turn out that way. If that entire alliance goes home now.....it will be extremely boring. Saaph and Becky had be cracking up trying to stall the clock. Which...I completely agree with you about Craig. Why even say they can do that if he's just going to jump in. He's done it a few times now and its totally confused me as to why. Annoying, is what it is.

I'm hoping those three can turn it around somehow. But by the previews it seemed like 20 was fighting to stay out of the box. Bummer....he is definitely nice to look at.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

BUT

im with ya too. i hate everyone on TMs alliance. the only thing is that frenchys annoying and i hate to see her touch 20pack-it makes me cringe, but i think shes a nice person.
    ignorance is excellence

I'm with you, CG! The other alliance is just so BORING, and smart. It's more fun to watch the not-so-smart alliance.

+ Reply to Thread