+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway Australia 3

Re: Project Runway Australia

THanks so much for the recap, ozNTM!

I still say Kamila FTW :P OzNTM's Avatar

No recap this week, was busy but basically the contestants had to design something that could be worn at the beach,then to a bar - they pretty much had to make two items. I liked most of the designs this week. They (and I think a recap of the show) can be found on the official Myspace page (that I linked to on the previous page - it's what the show uses rather than their website, at the end of an episode they tell you to go to the myspace page for photos and stuff). Helen once again finished in record time, and again ended up helping someone out (I forget who though), Mark won the challenge, and Deborah got sent home, which surprised me - I thought Helen may have went, seeing as she gets done too quickly IMO and her design this week wasn't very good. It came down to her and Deborah in the end.

Anyway hope to do a recap for this week.

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar

I am quite enjoying Project Runway Australia.
    I try not to compare but I kinda prefer the US one right now.

In the Top model versions Ive always found the Aussie ones better and more realistic but for Project Runway I think its equal basically the show already has a good format.

I liked the car-parts challenge, I was sorry to see Oren go and Helen stay. I was afraid for Mark right up until the end.

The "Footballers Wives" challenge was okay but not great. The gowns weren't all that memorable in general. I preferred Lui's gown to Juli's winning look. Helen still gets on my nerves. Another nail-biter with Mark, who I guess is my favorite.

I like all the PR international franchises. I wish they would add subtitles to Designerspirene, the Norweigen version. It's the only non-English language version (PR Malaysia and PR Philippines are more bilingual but provide subtitles).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Ugh. Helen wins the Winter challenge last week, and Marc is gone. Worst possible outcome for me.

The way Kelly Rowland made them all turn into giggly grrrlfans this week was funny. Watching Juli's reaction to winning was a treat. Watching Helen get the boot was an even bigger treat.

FORT Newbie

Brent! (((((((((((

Bummer. I forgot to look for the episode yesterday. I'll grab it later tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by OzNTM;3088664;
    The mentor will be designer Henry Roth, he reminds me very much (in looks, probably because of the glasses) of Tim Gunn.
    Just saw a couple of episodes online.

He's more like "Tim Gunn eaten by Quentin Tarrantino" to me. The angle of his facial bones almost seems like a special effect.

Ours will be hosted by model Kristy Hinze
    My judgment on her is that she's AWFUL at the reading off cards parts. Simply horrible (although maybe not worse than Iman, of the Canadian version). But she does come off as somewhat intelligent when she's talking for herself, during the judging sessions. At least in the episodes I've watched so far.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I still say Kamila FTW :P OzNTM's Avatar

I forgot about this thread! Probably because even though I set a reminder on my mobile's calendar to watch it every Monday night, I always miss it for some reason or another! I don't think I've watched a full show since I said on the first page about there not being a recap for that night's show! I really wanted to watch it all too, hopefully I'll get to watch this coming Monday! I was shocked to see Mark go. And that Helen stayed for so long, also Brent - I liked him though so wasn't too happy to see him go Sunday (caught the last half of the repeat).

So who do you guys think will win?

Premium Member

I hope Juli wins I like her and her designs have been the most consistent IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast