+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hopkins

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hopkins

Is anybody watching this besides me? This may be toooo much reality for some people, but real it is. I got hooked when this show was called Hopkins 24/7. I found it fascinating. One of the female docs died from a brain tumor; her name was Marnie (she was in her 20s, I think). They followed her treating patients, and also being treated.

Medical people are a special breed. If you've got the "calling" you will truly find the rewards.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Re: Hopkins

This is a VERY good show. I like it because it is real and deals with real emergencies with real patients and doctors. I was hooked from the start when Dr. Quinones told his story of climbing the fence as an illegal alien, then spending time picking fruit and vegetables, finally getting a temporary visa so he could go to community college and then to U.C. Berkely and his medical training at Harvard. He is a brain surgeon now at Johns Hopkins. Makes you really question these zeolots on our side of the fence would rather shoot them than let them. Hey, with the new Supreme court decision maybe they'll be able to. The stories were very touching however and when you think of what passes as reality on Bravo, TLC, etc. they pale in comparison to Hopkins.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3083618;
    This is a VERY good show. I like it because it is real and deals with real emergencies with real patients and doctors. I was hooked from the start when Dr. Quinones told his story of climbing the fence as an illegal alien, then spending time picking fruit and vegetables, finally getting a temporary visa so he could go to community college and then to U.C. Berkely and his medical training at Harvard. He is a brain surgeon now at Johns Hopkins. Makes you really question these zeolots on our side of the fence would rather shoot them than let them. Hey, with the new Supreme court decision maybe they'll be able to. The stories were very touching however and when you think of what passes as reality on Bravo, TLC, etc. they pale in comparison to Hopkins.
    Just realized that this show is a rerun from last year. I must have missed the first episode and it wasn't until this week when the doctor went off for treatment for her brain tumor that I realized I'd seen it. RATS!!!

I'm pretty sure this show is not a rerun from last year. I watched the last episode, and I didn't even see Dr. Marnie. When did you see an episode with her in it? I was a fairly devoted watcher when she was on the show. The last episode, as far as I know it was following a trauma surgeon named JimBob, I think. They showed a former ER doc who had become a pathologist because the ER pressure was too much for her. Did we see the same show?

The first part of the show was pretty focused on a doc who was learning to do chest tubes , right?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, let me tell you what!!! What I was commenting on in my post above was not about Hopkins!!!! It was about a show called The Residents on Discovery Health Channel that I had just watched!!! I totally blanked Hopkins out of my mind after seeing that!!! You have my most sincere apology, ChristoferHawke. Mea Culpa. Now, I'm going to try to watch it online.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3083312;
    Is anybody watching this besides me? This may be toooo much reality for some people, but real it is. I got hooked when this show was called Hopkins 24/7. I found it fascinating. One of the female docs died from a brain tumor; her name was Marnie (she was in her 20s, I think). They followed her treating patients, and also being treated.

Medical people are a special breed. If you've got the "calling" you will truly find the rewards.
    oh I watched that. I didn't know she died. She was really spunky

Dr. Marnie Rose died not long after the first Hopkins 24/7 ended. I'm thinking she was a pediatrician, wasn't she?

Phenomenal program. What reality TV should be.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3128801;
    Phenomenal program. What reality TV should be.
    Now I have to do my mea culpas. It wasn't on Hopkins that I saw the doctor with cancer it was on a doc. about Bellevue Hospital in NYC. Now I feel like an idiot and have to apologize to everyone.

Marnie Rose was just 27 and in the first year of her pediatric medical residency at Memorial Hermann Children's Hospital when she was diagnosed with a rare form of brain cancer. Despite her diagnosis, she agreed to share all - her cancer journey, personal life and professional duties as a medical resident - with a TV crew from the ABC reality series Houston Medical. The critically acclaimed hospital series followed the lives of doctors, nurses, other health care professionals and patients at Memorial Hermann Hospital. Houston Medical aired nationally on the ABC Network for six weeks of summer, 2002.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast