+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Date My Ex: Jo & Slade

Re: Date My Ex: Jo & Slade

I like Top Chef and Flipping Out on Bravo. Even the Housewives can be tons of snarkalicious fun. But, yeah, if these two dolts come back for a second season, I will not tune in (this board is so much better than the show).

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3193723;
    I like Top Chef and Flipping Out on Bravo. Even the Housewives can be tons of snarkalicious fun. But, yeah, if these two dolts come back for a second season, I will not tune in (this board is so much better than the show).
    Oh yeah I forgot about Flipping Out! Definitely one of my favorites but that's about the only one (and Project Runway) that I like on Bravo.

Does anyone notice the Google advertisements inbetween our posts? Part of it says, "SLADE - Huge selection of Slade items" LOL! Yikes.

I promised myself I wouldn't watch this show at all! And then yesterday I was home from work sick with the flu, and guess what? I was sick in bed, and I actually watched it. I like RHOC, but the first season the two people I couldn't stand where Jo and Slade. I just thought they were pathetic, and both of them got on my last nerve with their immature relationship.

I never thought Jo was super pretty, I thought she had pretty eyes, but just thought there were a zillion girls in OC cuter then her. (I use to live in Coto, and posted about that on this board before)

But on Date my Ex, she didn't look that cute at all. What was up with the black head band in the commentary shots? Her nose seems HUGE on this show, I'm not for plastic surgery for most people, but she does have pretty eyes, so in her case, a nose job is in order. (Take it from Laurie on RHOC) Her make up for day time is always like night club make up, esp her eyes. Her two friends were both way more attractive and younger looking then her. I don't know who old she is but she's late twenties at the youngest! And her two friends seem not a day older then 24.

I thought the Chris guy was too sincere, and grounded for Jo. And the Lucas, guy, he had a nice body, and a nice smile, but that was about it. He was like a not so handsome Lance Armstrong look a like, and Jo just picked him to because he's "fun" and she isn't "ready" for where Chris is in life. Well, isn't that the same problem she had with Slade? And didn't her friends say she always breaks up with the "fun" guys in two weeks. I laughed when one of her friends said she shouldn't pick Chris, cause she is always on the road, and has a singing career.

I hope BRAVO doesn't bring Date my Ex back for another season. (By the way, Slade is scary as a stalker. If I was Jo I would have screamed in terror if he showed up in San Diego. He was so creepy, and his "scarf" oh my gosh, there is metrosexual and hip, and then there is just plain dude, you aren't that young or hip to pull that off and still be straight.)

I've always wondered if Slade is his real name. You say if he's 42, his parents in the mid sixties would have named him "Slade" I don't buy it. its like a name from a soap opera. I'm sure he "renamed" himself.

Glad this hot mess is over, and Bravo doesn't bring it back as a show, or these two don't show up on RHOC again, because no one cares.
    Last edited by lanikai; 09-10-2008 at 01:54 AM.

Watched about 5 seconds of the show total but if Jo actually chose a guy (other than Slade) why would Bravo do a S2 for this show? I mean, Jo got the guy, so.......

<<
    I've always wondered if Slade is his real name. You say if he's 42, his parents in the mid sixties would have named him "Slade" I don't buy it. its like a name from a soap opera. I'm sure he "renamed" himself. >>

I've wondered this about Slade's name, too. When his parents were on RHOOC, they did not seem like the type to name their kid "Slade" at ALL. His parents seemed very down to earth, outdoorsy, simple kind of people. I bet you are right - he made up that name. But, if you are going to make up your name, you should consider your last name when you do so (Slade Smiley? yeesh)...

And, yes, his scarf. LOL!!!! Isn't that a trend for girls right now to wear billowy scarves tied that way? What is wrong with this man?
    Last edited by onei0091; 09-10-2008 at 01:06 PM.

[QUOTE=lanikai;3194252;]I promised myself I wouldn't watch this show at all! And then yesterday I was home from work sick with the flu, and guess what? I was sick in bed, and I actually watched it.

I've always wondered if Slade is his real name. You say if he's 42, his parents in the mid sixties would have named him "Slade" I don't buy it. its like a name from a soap opera. I'm sure he "renamed" himself.

I thought that the way it works is that you get sick IF you watch this show!
    I bet you're right about his name!!!! How do we find out? Now let's all take guesses at what his real name is! The obvious one is "Dick"

RHOOC fans - new season allegedly starting this November according to the OC Register (Orange County California newspaper) Let the snarking begin!

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;3197165;
    RHOOC fans - new season allegedly starting this November according to the OC Register (Orange County California newspaper) Let the snarking begin!
    No, please tell me it isn't so.

Hold on to yer britches Maude cause I think we're in for one helluva ride, orrrrr, it will be so boring we'll have to go back to snarking on HO-JO and DUNG-HEAD.:
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

They can't have broken up already! I won't believe it. I'm going to keep my eyes open for a wedding announcement... Jo and Lucas forever!!! :o)