+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Date My Ex: Jo & Slade

Premium Member

Re: Date My Ex: Jo & Slade

Was on the BravoTv website, and the poll asked if Jo made the right decision and she chose Lucas. Surprise I thought she was going to pick Old Slade.

FORT Fan

I can't believe this many people watched Jo's nonsense. I thought she was very pretty on Real Housewives, but now she's looking a hot mess. She and Slade are not interesting.

I've tried watching the show several times, today I watched it for a whole 15 minutes before I couldn't take it anymore. This show is just wrong. I liked Jo and Slade back in the day, but now I see how they annoyed soo many people.

Their 15 minutes are over. I'm sick of them and hope to never see them on my talking box again!

FORT Regular

Yep, she picked Lucas. That's just about all I saw. HoJo turned up the baby talk in this one and I was gettin' the dry heaves, so I had to tune out quickly after trying to watch the first few seconds. I turned it back for a sec with mute on and Slade looked so pale & sickly -- not just homeless (with of course the gray grizzled stubble) but really, really sickly. His eyes looked even more popped out, watery & crazy. Hopefully we won't ever see these 2 idiots ever again.

I'm guessing Lucas will collect his tiny check from Bravo for winning this thing and ride off in the sunset with his new boyfriend Chris. I think they do make a sweet couple. Chris is a pilot -- so they can take romantic plane rides together (so sweet). And maybe Chris will move to California cuz they can get married there -- now that's a happy ending. And Slimey & HoJo? Eh, who the hell cares about them.
    Last edited by Scoobie Doobie; 09-08-2008 at 11:29 PM.

When Chris and Lucas got out of the SUV in front of the San Diego hotel they were to stay at, they really did look like a gay couple.

And why did that stupid Brit have to call up Slimey and tell him exactly where the boys would be staying when they were in SD? Oh, yes, for the DRAMA!

After Slimey walked into the hotel, I turned it off. Then I turned pack at the very end to see who won the big prize.

Chris actually did look upset that she didn't pick him. He basically said "Just give me a hug" and left.

After she picked Lucas (the guy with the teeth!), Jo said that "SHE" was going to treat him to a nice vacation, so they could start their romance. And how is she going to pay for this? Surely not off all the money she is making on her "album." Right. Bravo just gave these two a nice little holiday.

Premium Member

I heard they were supposed to go to Hawaii, but they never got the trip. Methinks they already broke up. So yet another season of Date my Ex will come back, just wait.

Yeah, so, I tried my best to watch the last episode. My attention was kinda on and off though.

First, I was horrified that they did the final episode in my favorite city, San Diego. I mean, I own real estate there! In the downtown area! And the market has been so horrible there, now that Jo and Slade have been scuddling around I'm sure that doesn't help prices at all...GAH.

One of the 'contestants' took Jo on a date to Balboa Park. One of my favorite places, now Jo infested. Their date was really fakey, the guy, I'm 95% sure, is gay. He made a build-a-bear for her and inside of the bear was a recording of his voice saying the most boring, unromantic things. Something like, 'Hi Jo, this is (can't remember his name), I just hope you really like this bear, and I want you to know that I'm thinking of you and hope to see you again', etc etc. It was a long, awkward message. JO, quit making this poor gay guy make out with you.

The second guy took her to the lighthouse at the peak of Point Loma. GRRR. Another one of my favorite places, tainted and infested by JO. You can see the city from up there, and the Pacific Ocean, San Diego Bay, it is SO pretty. There is a trail there with tons of snakes. I was hoping they'd walk the trail and a giant rattler would attack Jo. Didn't happen. This contestant was fakey, too, but didn't seem a uncomfy as contestant 1.

Slade was sliming around the hotel, toward the end I think he came around and wished Jo well and the remaining 2 contestants well, and scuddled off. Surprisingly, as others have said, Jo picked a contestant, not Slade! But she picked the poor gay man. I bet he was like, 'OOOOH %*(@)!!!' LOL! And is probably somewhere, locked in his home right now, scrubbing his lips with antibacterial soap until they are raw. Poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3193182;
    I heard they were supposed to go to Hawaii, but they never got the trip. Methinks they already broke up. So yet another season of Date my Ex will come back, just wait.
    I wonder what happened to the trip? I can see Bravo promising and then not delivering. I'll bet Lucas thought about being on a plane with Ho for 5 hours and decided to cut his losses. Hawaii is lovely, but not if you have to put up with Ho. and I don't mean Don. RIP.
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

FORT Newbie

I lived in San Diego for 20 years, so it was nice to see Balboa Park, Pt. Loma and the Gas Lamp District again. I focused more on the scenery and less on the "characters."

I can't imagine Bravo creating another series for these two. The ratings for this show must have been pretty low. I think their reality tv time has really expired. Unless there is another RHOOC, then you know both Jo and Slade will try to find a way to get air time there. But they just aren't interesting, imo. Not enough to get their own show ever again.

Also, I've heard Jo's singing and it sounds like a junior highschool recital. Not the recording studio special effects singing, but a video of her actually singing live. Seriously, it's just very average singing. You could pull someone off the street and get that voice. So no big career for her. Count on this: she'll pose for Playboy to get more exposure when the singing falls through.

This show was so poorly done. What were they thinking? The whole dating contest formula in general is pretty much overdone and boring. Bravo should stick to winners like Project Runway - oh wait, that's right, that show is moving to Lifetime Channel. Hmmmmm...

[QUOTE=Happy Tay;3193641;I can't imagine Bravo creating another series for these two. The ratings for this show must have been pretty low. I think their reality tv time has really expired. Unless there is another RHOOC, then you know both Jo and Slade will try to find a way to get air time there. But they just aren't interesting, imo. Not enough to get their own show ever again
    This show was so poorly done. What were they thinking? The whole dating contest formula in general is pretty much overdone and boring. Bravo should stick to winners like Project Runway - oh wait, that's right, that show is moving to Lifetime Channel. Hmmmmm... [/QUOTE]

very well stated Happy Tay. If it weren't for the awesome sarcastic wit of us Jo & Slade haters on this forum, I never would have watched the few moments of this show and these 2 vapid, attention whores. If Bravo thinks they can continue to insult the viewers intelligence with another season of this crap they are in for a big surprise. There is NOTHING on Bravo that is any good except PRoject Runway and as you mentioned, PR is moving to another channel next season. ADIOS BRAVOS.

Me thinks Bravo is mentally challenged. Project Runway has to be one of their top shows for ratings, it's so popular. Why they create loser shows like Date My Ex and give up shows like Project Runway is beyond me. They must not be able to afford Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn anymore.

If Date My Ex gets another season, I might have to stop watching Bravo altogether - just out of principle. I want my old Bravo back. None of these shows that pick off my brain cells faster than crack cocaine.

+ Reply to Thread