+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Date My Ex: Jo & Slade

Re: Date My Ex: Jo & Slade

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3071305;
    Didn't someone way back when find out that Jo and Slade were just actors pretending to be lovers/housemates? Their relationship was solely made for TV?
    I remember someone being berated for the suggestion that they were actors long ago. I still remember that really phony scene when Jo was having a drink and walked up the the "housewives"having margaritas and asked them in her baby voice if they lived in Coto. Totally phony.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Yes, I remember that scene too.

As far as this Date My Ex show goes, I will probably tune into it...at least once....what could be more snarkalicious? Now if she starts to sing, well that will be the kiss of death!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lanikai;3065601;
    I'm a Real Housewives of OC fan, I lived in Coto for eight years. But I can't stand Jo and Slade (ironic thing is Slade's house was the same track, I use to live in and his backyard was identical to mine. I noticed the time Jo was dressed up as a maid) Those houses they were in, where not the big deluxe, custom homes the other housewives were in.
    Lanikai...do tell...I'm sure you have all sorts of Coto stories about the RH's. All of the housewives have seemed like real train wrecks to me....the worst of them all is Lauri and her beloved George. Vicki 'I need a family vaaaaannnn' isn't far behind.

Slade has some new pictures up on his Myspace page of his son Grayson's birthday. Hope that little guy is doing ok.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by clynnog;3072996;
    Lanikai...do tell...I'm sure you have all sorts of Coto stories about the RH's. All of the housewives have seemed like real train wrecks to me....the worst of them all is Lauri and her beloved George. Vicki 'I need a family vaaaaannnn' isn't far behind.

Well I lived there for eight years as a single Mom. I don't know any of them personally, but I did work for a very famous Christian church in the area (very large nationally known church) and one time when I was on staff when Real Housewives was on, someone on staff looked up and every single one of the original Real Housewives was a church member. Which I thought was very interesting.....Vicki is the only one that seems vocal about her faith or beliefs, from time to time.

When I lived in Coto, Jan Michael Vincent, the actor from the seventies... use to get drunk and drive drunk all over Coto...Coby Bryant and his wife almost moved there (his wife is originally from Anaheim, Orange County) but decided not to.

One of the things I remember when I lived there, was a bunch of wealthy teenagers roomed around one night (I think it was on Halloween) and they beat up a lone male jogger cause they were "bored." Articles appeared in the newspapers these rich teenagers, didn't have much to do after school cause Coto at that time was kind of isolated, and not much after school things for you to do, unless you were into horses etc...(like Lauri's youngest daughter)

Coto is actually kind of isolated, out in the boonies in Orange County kind of beyond Mission Viejo. It's more developed then when I lived there now, but sometimes I crack up cause when they show Vicki's daughter and her boyfriend hanging out at the little pizza parlour and man made lake in Rancho Santa Marguerita (which is right next to Coto) it cracks me up cause that was like one of the few shopping centers around when I lived there. I remember when I lived there my friends from Orange County didn't want to drive out to see me on a normal basis, because I lived too far away, but then they would want me to host their wedding showers at my home purely for the snobbishness of the address...(rolling eyes)

On Real Housewives they show things that are very unrealistic, like one minute they are in Coto, and the next they are in Newport Beach (which would be a bit of a drive, about forty five minutes) or even Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills (which would probably take them a few hours to get to in traffic)

I recognize houses on the show, like that one housewife that was on the first season (the blond) but isn't it on the show anymore, she had that outdoor patio party, where Jo and Slade show up after they supposedly broke up. And Lauri shows up and she's dumped the boyfriend that was into drugs.

My parents loved that house, and that was their favorite dream home in all of Coto, so I always thinks its neat that house was on the show.
    Last edited by lanikai; 06-25-2008 at 04:04 AM.

Does Coto get pretty warm? I have a place in San Diego, and the temp difference from the coast vs. just a few miles inland is huge sometimes. The coast can be 70 degrees and then 15 miles inland it's like 100!

Jo. Y'know, I snark on most of the housewives, and, well, let's be honest, just about all reality tv people, but I still love to watch. Jo - I really don't like her. She is always trying to act so cutesy and I find it really irritating.

I haven't seen this show yet. If I pass by it while flipping channels, I'll probably stop and check it out. If Jo is making an ass of herself, who knows, maybe I'll continue to tune in, but she bugs me so much I don't know if I can handle her in large doses. Her own show? That seems like way too much of Jo. And Slade. He is a creeper.

I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch Slade and Jo,

Did anyone watch Jo and Slade: The Breakup?? I watched and remembered why I couldn't stand this couple. The baby voice, the controlling issues, so many things.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I did watch but thankfully fell asleep halfway through. I missed the part where Slade broke up with Jo.....on a couch!
    CYA

I'm so ashamed!!!!! I watched the promo for it last night. I wasn't going to do it but there wasn't anything on and before I knew it, my set was on BRAVO. (I think that my TV just went there on it's own). Most of the show was just a recap of their relationship. It just confirmed the fact that Slade is a MAJOR tool and that Jo is dumb as a rock. I wonder if Slade is still driving around in that big ass Hummer (bet he can't afford the gas now). While I will admit that Jo has a very hot body, I think that she has a butter face! Hope she makes enough money from this show to get herself a nose job! Anyway, I'm sad to admit that I will probably watch this stupid piece of trash (I am after all a tvaholic) and I expect you guys to all be here to listen to my self loathing,complaining rant after each episode.

+ Reply to Thread