+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Date My Ex: Jo & Slade

Re: Date My Ex: Jo & Slade

Quote Originally Posted by BucFan;3180227;
    As hard as it is to watch this show.... Everyone must watch the last 5 minutes of the most recent episode. But don't eat, because after you see it -you will throw-up.
    BucFan you might have to fill us on on this because I don't think any of us here know what the most recent episode was about. And nobody here can stand to watch ANY episode for more than 10 minutes; the bright glare from Jo's greasy face and fake orange tan is known to cause retina damage

Jo narrowed it down to 2 guys, and Slade spent the whole episode brooding because he's discovered he still has feelings for Jo. At the end of the show, Slade inserted himself in between the two finalists and asked Jo to have a date of his own.

The previews for next week's ep show the two finalists (don't ask me who, this was the only episode of this train wreck that I've seen) walking off the set after this stunt, quitting the show. So next week everything descends into chaos for a while.

If Jo/Slade planned this stunt all along, it was a truly stupid idea. Not that there is anything good about this show to begin with, but this added "stunt" just makes it twice as dumb/fake/pointless.

Oh, I do remember that she kept the two blondes. One of them has freakishly white teeth.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 08-28-2008 at 02:29 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3180509;
    Jo narrowed it down to 2 guys, and Slade spent the whole episode brooding because he's discovered he still has feelings for Jo. At the end of the show, Slade inserted himself in between the two finalists and asked Jo to have a date of his own.

The previews for next week's ep show the two finalists (don't ask me who, this was the only episode of this train wreck that I've seen) walking off the set after this stunt, quitting the show. So next week everything descends into chaos for a while.

If Jo/Slade planned this stunt all along, it was a truly stupid idea. Not that there is anything good about this show to begin with, but this added "stunt" just makes it twice as dumb/fake/pointless.

Oh, I do remember that she kept the two blondes. One of them has freakishly white teeth.
    OMG. What was Bravo thinking? I've been such a Bravo fan for so long, but this show has really brought the network down a gazillion notches in my mind. Gee, we didn't see Jo and Slade ending up together at all, did we? That's a shocker.

I mean, they've definitely had some duds here and there, but this is probably the worst show. EVER. Ever! I'd rather watch Walker Texas Ranger than this show. I'd rather watch...I don't know...Designing Women. That's right, I said it. I'd rather watch the weather channel - the one that's just a radar and a robotic voice talking, then to watch this show. I'd rather watch community access channels. Seriously.

The following is a review of "Date My Ex" from Star Magazine:

Date My Ex
    By Marshall Fine

Monday, July 21, 10PM, Bravo

"In the category of unnecessary reality-show spin-offs, here's Jo de la Rosa from "Real Housewives of Orange County" in a series of her own. On that other show, she and ex-fiance Slade Smiley agreed to just be friends and she moved to L.A. to pursue a music career (yeah, right). So now she's the center of a bizarre version of "The Bachelorette," where all the contestants have to live at Slade's house while they date her. Two big problems: Jo is a brainless spoiled brat - and Slade is a smirky jerk who obviously wants to be the one who winds up with Jo. Save us all a lot of time: Cut straight to the inevitable Slade-Jo wedding, followed by the reality series devoted to their divorce. Here's the question: Would these people even exist if a TV camera wasn't pointed at them?"

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3180643;
    OMG. What was Bravo thinking? I've been such a Bravo fan for so long, but this show has really brought the network down a gazillion notches in my mind. Gee, we didn't see Jo and Slade ending up together at all, did we? That's a shocker.

I mean, they've definitely had some duds here and there, but this is probably the worst show. EVER. Ever! I'd rather watch Walker Texas Ranger than this show. I'd rather watch...I don't know...Designing Women. That's right, I said it. I'd rather watch the weather channel - the one that's just a radar and a robotic voice talking, then to watch this show. I'd rather watch community access channels. Seriously.
    Don't hold back!!!!! Tell us how you really feel!!!

Funny thing is (that I've discovered) no matter how many bad things I say about this show.....It's N-E-V-E-R!!!!! Enough!!! NO words can express how bad this show is or how much I HATE that BRAVO put this on. I refuse to watch it because I don't want it to get a second season (mostly because I HATE the idea of Jo and Slime making any more money off of being themselves than they already have)! How on earth did this show ever happen?

Premium Member

Oh yes we have to have Season 2-Jo and Slade-Plan a Wedding --and a Divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3181803;
    Funny thing is (that I've discovered) no matter how many bad things I say about this show.....It's N-E-V-E-R!!!!! Enough!!! NO words can express how bad this show is or how much I HATE that BRAVO put this on. I refuse to watch it because I don't want it to get a second season (mostly because I HATE the idea of Jo and Slime making any more money off of being themselves than they already have)! How on earth did this show ever happen?

Agreed. There are no words to describe this show. It's...it's...just...GAH.

There are many reality tv stars that I like to laugh at or poke fun of because they are annoying, irritating, weird, a-holes, etc. But, with these two, it's not laughable. It's not funny because they are soooo over the top irritating and unlikeable. On top of that, I honestly don't care what they do or why. I don't want to know about their lives. When I'm watching tv, and they come on my screen, I actually scramble for the remote and change the channel so I don't have to listen to that nasaly, whiny voice or see that greasy, stupid face of Jo's.

And on my favorite network, too. That's the real slap in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3181826;
    Oh yes we have to have Season 2-Jo and Slade-Plan a Wedding --and a Divorce.
    You are forgetting the obligatory child who must be born so that Jo can get child support and then have endless amounts of court appearances ( a la Lauri Waring Peterson). There's a whole new show there. The Real Family Courts of the Real Housewives of Orange County, starring Judge Judy.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3182823;
    You are forgetting the obligatory child who must be born so that Jo can get child support and then have endless amounts of court appearances ( a la Lauri Waring Peterson). There's a whole new show there. The Real Family Courts of the Real Housewives of Orange County, starring Judge Judy.
    That could turn into a full-time thing for Salde.....between Jo and the mothers of his two other children hauling his butt into court. The Real Family Courts of the Real Housewives of Orange County, starring Judge Judy V. Slade Smiley.

Wonder how much this creep does actually have to pay out in child support.

+ Reply to Thread