Thread: Celebrity Circus

Re: Celebrity Circus

Three way tie for 1st?

1st- Stacey- 8 20.51%
    1st- Antonio- 8 20.51%
    1st- Christopher- 8 20.51%
    4th- Weeman- 7.7 19.74%
    5th- Rachel 7.3 18.71%

I think Weeman might go since he was safe this week and his fans may not think he'll be in trouble this week. Rachel's act had a lot of hype all week.

Hopefully Stacey stays but from looking around at the forums and talking to people, she's hands down the fan favorite as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3057310;
    No, they were broader cliches, not specifically "reality show judge cliches" (although yes, there were two guys and one woman).

First we had the gay guy. A super-over-the-top one, who not only had the mannerisms and the lisp, but also (on air) made lascivious comments about wanting to have sex with all of the male celebrities, while referring to the ladies as "home girls" and stuff like that.

Second, we had a circus specific cliche--the female French trapeze artist, desperately trying to hold onto her youth with tons of cosmetics, calling everyone "darleeng" and "cherie", and (I'm just betting) chain-smoking during every break.

Third, we had some gymnast guy, who actually didn't seem to fit that well, but well... seemed like every other gymnast guy who's taken some kind of talking-head role after his retirement.

In terms of the scoring though, the French lady was kind of the Simon. Or maybe if we base this on DWTS, the Len Goodman. Usually she was a point lower in scoring than the other two. The gay guy kind of scored like Bruno, from DWTS. He'd get really enthusiastic about someone and score high, but it seems like he can also turn on a dime and toss out a really low score just because he's feeling pissy.

The gay judge is british. I knew they were clones.
    People who want to be equal's lives are filled with subtractions and auditions
    Marilyn Manson-Doppelhurz

Well, I had to watch this show on NBC.com cause my beloved bible, The TV Guide said it was on at 9pm instead of 10pm. NBC showed the repeat of Baby Boomers at 8 then the new ep of BB at 9pm. Anything to screw up a loyal fans recordings.

Anyway, so sad that Christopher Knight was eliminated due to rebreaking his arm. Was it too late to recall previously eliminated Janet Evans to do a replacement act??? Still 4 days only to prepare is ridiculous and dangerous. I do think Aurelia was a bit hard on Antonio because he only did 2 tricks. He stood on his head for gosh sake's 40 ft up in the air. He was scared and managed to put together 2 tricks in 4 days I don't know it I could have done that. It was remarkable. Funny how the crowd doesn't mind it when the judges bash each other but the minute the British judge called Aurelia a witch I guess he crossed a line. The audience just went still.

So it next week the finale?? Or just the final 2? How will they pick the winners??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

That's ridiculous that they are going to let Antonio win after Stacey dominated the whole show. I guess Stacey is a cursed name when it comes to celeb shows. You kick ass the whole time and you get robbed? A friggin 8? Then you score Weeman the same who dropped his skateboard and all he did was hang onto a rope the whole time? UGHHHHHHHHH!

Antonio didn't even do anything. He just twirled around the whole time looking at his partner. He did one trick worthy of applause, the rest was crap.
    Last edited by hott4hill; 07-09-2008 at 11:04 PM.

Amazing, Antonio is in really great shape for his age. I remember him in a cheapy sci fi sceries that ran on Sunday evenings at about 6 pm. So, he's been kicking around for quite a while.

Okay so that's what happend to CK. How did he rebreak it?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Both Stacey and Weeman's routines were bland and boring and they both had mistakes. At least you could see Antonio's and it was interesting. Was this done on purpose. The camera work was hideous for Stacey and Weeman. You really could not see anything and especially Weeman looked as if all he did for 2 minutes was hang there. Antonio had the best performance these week. Still that does not garantee him winning next week.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Premium Member

well here is how they finished
    3rd-Weeman
    2nd Stacey Dash
    Winner-Antonio Sabato Jr.

Congrats Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3122942;
    Amazing, Antonio is in really great shape for his age. I remember him in a cheapy sci fi sceries that ran on Sunday evenings at about 6 pm. So, he's been kicking around for quite a while.
    The show I think you're referring to is "Earth II", I think it was on on sunday evenings and was cancelled after one season.

I loved that show - but I think in retrospect what I loved about it was the Antonio S. sightings.

How old is he, really? Handsome, handsome guy, but appears to be self-effacing and just an all-around nice guy to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;3136768;
    The show I think you're referring to is "Earth II", I think it was on on sunday evenings and was cancelled after one season.

I loved that show - but I think in retrospect what I loved about it was the Antonio S. sightings.

How old is he, really? Handsome, handsome guy, but appears to be self-effacing and just an all-around nice guy to boot.
    Your'e right, Earth II. I loved the show too, for exactly the same reason, lol. I think he must be a real nice guy. Never read about him in the tabloids, or see him on one of those tabloid shows. And every interview I've seen with him, he has been very nice and has had a great big smile. I thought it was interesting that his mother and grandmother were once circus performers. He was born in 1972, so he isn't as old as I thought. First came to attention as a Calvin Klein underwear model.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345