+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Circus

Re: Celebrity Circus

Stacey Dash was memorable tonight and it looked as if she did a harder routine with more tricks then her bungee act.

Janet Evans was better but really needs to understand how to move her body. She is physically fit with killer abs and great upper body strength but I felt that she was hunching over her shoulders instead of movie gracefully as a sensual woman. I do agree with Aurelia and the British judge. She is on the right path and needs to combine technique with grace. As far as working with a male partner do what women have always done; fake it. That is so duh!

Blu is a waste of space. I felt her challenge to Aurelia just reeked of bad sportsmanship and spite. It was uncalled for and mean spirited. I am glad she is off the show. As an adult in the entertainment business she needs to be able to take criticism and rejection and not let it be personnel. Her comments were totally unprofessional.

Wee man while it was nice to see him be able to do the German Wheel, which was a brilliant piece of equipment for him to work with, it was interesting to note that the judges are calling him out for not working as hard as he could. I do agree he has a great attitude but it can only take so far. I hope he is the next to go.

Rachel Hunter, I was impressed. But better than last week. A very good progression for her. I like how the trainers are taking into consideration her height and trying to work with her physique. The last part sort of fell apart as far as pacing/timing with the music but I hope she stays and get to try a third round. Congratulations she should be very proud of herself.

I think the show needs to be edited down to an hour. It will be tighter and better paced show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3065833;
    I think the show needs to be edited down to an hour. It will be tighter and better paced show.
    They already told us that the show would be an hour from now on.

Actually, I suppose they didn't say that so much as let us conclude it from the announcement that their "new time" was going to be 10PM EST from now on.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3057323;
    I agree with a lot of what you say, Krom, but I would never refer to Mitch Gaylord as "some gymnast guy." He led the American team to the gold medal win in 1984, he was the first American to ever score a perfect 10 in the olympics, and he invented moves on the highbar that are still being done today; i.e., the Gaylord Flip and the Gaylord Flip 2.

Yes, he's done a little movie and tv acting
    I looooved American Anthem with Janet Jones.

I don't think Blue was the worst but her attitude was nasty. All this challenging the judges is terrible.

I think Chris was cheated out of score. It was very dangerous and entertaining.

I love Janet... I wonder if the lisp judge is doing that on purpose by calling her his DARK HORSE (she does have a pretty big mouth) Antonio was impressive. They are all doing really well. Although, I didn't care for Wee Man and the German wheel. The lisp judge cracked me up when he said WM's clapping made him want to throw a fish.

Okay so why do they make them work on anther routine when they may not even make it to the next round. Weird.
    Last edited by VanJagSol; 06-19-2008 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3065833;
    Janet Evans was better but really needs to understand how to move her body. She is physically fit with killer abs and great upper body strength but I felt that she was hunching over her shoulders instead of movie gracefully as a sensual woman. I do agree with Aurelia and the British judge. She is on the right path and needs to combine technique with grace. As far as working with a male partner do what women have always done; fake it. That is so duh!
    You're hilarious, Bearcata!

Janet's posture is driving me crazy, too. It seems like that rolled in hunched look is a problem swimmers tend to have. I wonder if it's because the muscles in front are used more.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Janet was both a distance swimmer and an IM'er. The freestyle distance races require a lot of flip turns where you curl the body over a bit. The IM includes the butterfly, a stroke in which the shoulders are rounded down on every stroke. This probably accounts for some of her hunched look.

Swimmers, with a few exceptions like Esther Willams and Johnny Weissmuller, are a whole lot more graceful in water than on land.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Why do I hate this "Louis" guy?

He picks favorites and then gets bitchy about the superiority of them.

And seriously? I think he tends to pick most on straight men. Unless he can objectify them like Antonio.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

The scoring was ridiculous tonight.

Christopher a 9? Are you KIDDING me? After what Stacey did on the bungee and she got 8's, no way does he deserve better. Everything was too slow and the turns were labored.

Stacey getting two 7's was a bit ridiculous. I am glad the 10 balanced out the ridiculous scoring. That was a solid 9 performance.

Weeman getting 8's and a 7? WHAT THE HECK? That was a horrible performance and he did nothing.

I think Rachel deserved higher because there wasn't much more she could do. She couldn't entertain because had she moved she would have fell.

I didn't see Antonio so I can't judge him.

However, if Stacey doesn't win this show is more screwed up than it already is. Janet leaving was ridiculous.

Sorry but I forgot to ask:

What was Antonio's score?

Quote Originally Posted by hott4hill;3080868;
    Sorry but I forgot to ask:

What was Antonio's score?
    it averaged out to an 8.

Very dissappointed that Wee man stayed over Janet when it was obvious during Wee man's turn during the judging panel that Cat had called it right and he was slacking the first two weeks no matter how much he denied it prevously. Unfortunately all those Jackass fans saved Wee, but at least they are appropriately named. I must admit Wee did much better this week on the flying straps.

I do wish they would give the eliminated person a chance to show what they had put together for the night's performance.

I must say that either the lighting or the camera work really sucked tonight as it was very hard to follow Christopher Knight's, Antonio Sabato's, Stacy Dash's and Wee man's aerial performances. The camera was constantly going up close and pulling back. I was surprised I did not get seasick. The previous 2 weeks I could at least follow the performances, this week the camera work and director both need to be scored zero.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast