+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nashville Star - Season 6

Premium Member

Nashville Star - Season 6

Season 6 starts next Monday, June 9 on NBC. Billy Ray Cyrus is hosting, and judges are Jewel, John Rich (Big & Rich) and songwriter Jeffery Steele.

The sixth season of "Nashville Star" will premiere on NBC Monday, June 9 (9-11 p.m. ET) followed by 90-minute live episodes each week. This year, the longest-running cable reality competition series moves into the spotlight on NBC. With a bigger stage to play, the expectations become higher and the competition tougher as each contestant will turn to the celebrity panel that will not only judge them during the live shows, but will also provide a unique mentoring aspect to the series. Host Billy Ray Cyrus ("Hannah Montana") will join country music star, singer-songwriter and acclaimed producer John Rich and Multi-Platinum singer-songwriter and three-time Grammy nominee Jewel, along with acclaimed industry heavy weight and BMI Songwriter of the Year (2006) Jeffery Steele, to bring their unique insights and experience to the show and its contestants. The competition opens the doors for talent 16 years-of-age and older and welcomes not only solo artists to the stage, but also duos and trios. The winner or winners of this year's competition will receive a major recording contract with Warner Bros. Nashville and the performance of a lifetime when they take to the world's stage at the Summer Olympic Games in Beijing.
    link

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Nashville Star - Season 6

Thanks for the reminder Marley...I've set my DVR...now I'm ready!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I love, love, love this show!!

The first episode was taped last night (6-2-08) with the 10 finalists performing. That footage will be shown on the second half of the premiere episode next week.

CMT will also show repeat airings of the show every week.

I'm definitely watching but thank god for the ability to fast forward through taped shows because I cannot stand Billy Ray and he is the host. Gah.

Not sure about the changed format where they will force them to sing as duo's and trio's. It seems rather forced and that format isn't working too well for Can You Duet. Unless I misunderstood the promo's and these groups are already pre-established and then that might be interesting.

Taylor Swift is supposed to perform on the premiere
    Also heard they had to drop someone from the top 12 and replace with someone else...

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3036168;
    Taylor Swift is supposed to perform on the premiere
    Also heard they had to drop someone from the top 12 and replace with someone else...
    According to someone who went to the taping on Monday night, Taylor Swift was actually pretty good (he said that his teenage kids really liked her performance anyway).

They had to replace Charla Corn with a trio called Third Town, this was a last minute change. Not sure of the reason she was cut. Third Town was an alternate on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3035431;
    Not sure about the changed format where they will force them to sing as duo's and trio's. It seems rather forced and that format isn't working too well for Can You Duet. Unless I misunderstood the promo's and these groups are already pre-established and then that might be interesting.
    The duos and trios that made Nashville Star are established groups unlike Can You Duet. At least in that respect they will be on the same playing field as the single artists that made the show. There are at least 3 duos or trios that made the show this year.

There is one military person on the show, I think he is in the Army. They had Armed Forces Nashville Star a few months ago so that they could cast a military person on the show. They will show footage from that on the premier episode, from the final round of military audtions on board an aircraft carrier.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I normally love this show, but now they have Billy Ray Cyrus hosting... And I thought it was bad when Wynonna hosted. I'm sure I'll be fast forwarding an awful lot this season.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3037469;
    According to someone who went to the taping on Monday night, Taylor Swift was actually pretty good (he said that his teenage kids really liked her performance anyway).

They had to replace Charla Corn with a trio called Third Town, this was a last minute change. Not sure of the reason she was cut. Third Town was an alternate on the show.
    TMZ had a blurb that she was cut because the producers deemed she wasn't "star material"......take that for what its worth

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3037473;
    The duos and trios that made Nashville Star are established groups unlike Can You Duet. At least in that respect they will be on the same playing field as the single artists that made the show. There are at least 3 duos or trios that made the show this year.

There is one military person on the show, I think he is in the Army. They had Armed Forces Nashville Star a few months ago so that they could cast a military person on the show. They will show footage from that on the premier episode, from the final round of military audtions on board an aircraft carrier.
    Awesome! I really hate the forced duo's on that show and I love the sounds of a really good group that can harmonize like nobody's business. Again....except for Billy Ray *grrrrr* I'm excited about this show.

Heeee....hubby is on an aircraft carrier that comes home.. .TODAY! They have the best mock Idols and Nashville Star competitions on the carriers. It's fun. I bet it will be the Enterprise since that's the one the Navy usually brings out to let Hollywood use.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast