Re: Nashville Star - Season 6

I've been watching Bachelorette. I forgot this was on,

Premium Member

so who was eliminated?

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3060272;
    so who was eliminated?
    If this is referencing The Bachelorette I can't post that here as it is a spoiler and has to stay in the appropriate thread.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3060309;
    If this is referencing The Bachelorette I can't post that here as it is a spoiler and has to stay in the appropriate thread.
    No No didn't they eliminate an act from Nashville Star I missed who was cut

Third Town goes home. Melissa gets to stay!

I have got to say I don't really like Billy Ray as a host and miss the way the show use to be. Thank goodness for DVR as I will only be checking out the performances.

Not really happy with the eliminations from the past two weeks either.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I figured out what Billy Ray's problem is; he doesn't know how to make the necessary small talk when hosting. Cat D on SYTYCD is the master at this and Tom B over at DWTS is really good at it too. BRC is just so awkward and uncomfortable performing that necessary task.

I wish Katie Cook was the host, the couple of minutes where she talks are a million times better than the entire hosting segments that BRC has done.

Onto the performances, as far as I'm concerned this is a competition between Tommy, Gabe, and Melissa. The rest are just canon fodder.

The acoustics were better this time around but it didn't make 75% of the contestants sound better because now there was no excuse for the pitchiness and flatness of their performances.

Fine with who went home since I don't even remember them singing last time.

Harmony, they did "Elvira" last week. I'm really glad they went home. They really seemed to have their identify figured out (which is fine, I get it) and weren't willing to take much in the way of advice from the experts.

I love Melissa and can't believe she was in the bottom two! I really want to like Pearl Heart, but just can't get past the middle girl and how poor her stage presence is.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Nancy O'Dell was the best (original) host of the show, and should be the model for future hosts. Wynonna was okay, Leanne Rimes was pretty good, and Jewel was very stiff (she's much more comfortable at the judges table! ) I'm not loving BillyRay but maybe he'll get more comfortable?

I miss the old vibe of the show when it was on cable, very relaxed and sincere. We're not yet seeing any of the contestant interaction, either, and stuff is just missing in the production of it all.. instead of wasting NBC's money on graphics and lights and stuff, they should improve the sound quality of the performances.

-- I think the right people went home both weeks. Charley Jenkins did not come off well, and Third Town showed us twice why they were picked as last-minute replacements.
    -- I could NOT believe that Melissa was in the bottom two... that was either producer-manipulated, or she was presumed safe.

Can/should go soon: Justin, Alyson, Coffey, Pearl Heart, and the gal who sang Bubbly last week and Ring of Fire this Week.

Not sure: Shawn Mayer and Tommy Stanley

Finalists: Melissa, Gabe, Laura and Sophie
    Could does not mean should

vanillalatte: I don't remember them singing that and when they sang their swan song? Oh my god, I thought they were faking! Was that his real voice or is he faking to try and be country? Please tell me he was faking because good god.

I think the producer(s) are toying with us and that Melissa is middle of the back and they want to get her more votes, hence putting her as one of the bottom two. Did they actually say she was bottom two or was it just Jewel saying that who may not know better and just assumed?

The camera work was so AWFUL. When one of the guys was singing? The dang thing went haywire and herky-jerky and kept zooming in on his feet! I am shocked, simply shocked, that a network can't get this together. First the sound engineers messed up the first show and now the camera guys mess up the second one. What's next? Go completely black on the third show because they forgot to do a light check?

As much as I think John Rich is a huge jerk, he was dead on when he said he didn't understand why/how Justin was still in this. I just wish he would stop with the inappropriate/creepy comments.

I don't like Shawn, I really want to like her but I just don't and that saddens me. I love her personality but I just can't get behind her singing. Gabe is a total babe, love everything about him and Tommy is so eager that I can't help but smile.

*sighs* Nancy O'Dell *loves* and slumps off to pout. Bring her back or let Katie Cook do the hosting alone. Agree that the show was much much much better on cable.

One more thought: Did Whitney Duncan win her season? Are you sure she didn't? Because she is EVERYWHERE and being pimped to kingdom come. Even over at iTunes you can download her latest single for free as the record label continues to push their plant that didn't win.

+ Reply to Thread