+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Nashville Star - Season 6

Re: Nashville Star - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3048355;
    Am I the only one who thought the show lacked the fluidity that it had before? Granted I didn't see the whole thing, but the intros and the judges comments seemed terriby clipped and rushed. And that l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ong drawn out pause when BRC was announcing the bottom two made me want to slap him and turn off the TV. They could have shortened the elimination and spent a little more time on the contestants themselves. JMO.

I didn't see everybody perform, but from what I did see, the right two were in the bottom.
    I thought the first two performers were the weakest, but neither of the bottom two were in my favorites column. I thought the guy they axed had a nice voice and would like to have seen him grow a bit, but if it had been my choice the guy who did Walking in Memphis would have gone.
    Last edited by AsIs; 06-10-2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: typo
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Here is a blog on the show last night by Lyndsey Parker: Sorry, Charley: Nashville Star's First Cut - Reality Rocks

Did anybody else notice that the acoustics is REALLY messed up? The contestants sounded pretty good during their pre-clips but then when they got on the stage? Every single one sounded too fast and off. Even Taylor Swift sounded off. I know some are wondering how this group can possibly be the best of the best that tried out but I don't think it's their fault. I think whoever set up the sound messed up. Also the judges were raving over songs that I thought were a complete mess, they HAD to be hearing something different.

Anyways....I was once stationed on the USS Iwo Jima, it was funny seeing BRC on it. I think I'm loving Coffey the best right now but that could chance. Still don't have a favorite picked up, hoping that whatever is wrong with the sound will be fixed next week.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3040051;
    I actually liked Buddy Jewell....
    I'll admit I am a sore loser about that season. I reallllly wanted Amy Chappell to win. You know how Reality TV is... one person's compliments are another's pimping.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3049347;
    Did anybody else notice that the acoustics is REALLY messed up? The contestants sounded pretty good during their pre-clips but then when they got on the stage? Every single one sounded too fast and off. Even Taylor Swift sounded off. I know some are wondering how this group can possibly be the best of the best that tried out but I don't think it's their fault. I think whoever set up the sound messed up. Also the judges were raving over songs that I thought were a complete mess, they HAD to be hearing something different.
    I was thinking that and wondering if it was just me or if the sound was off.

It's hard to tell from Taylor Swift, she always sounds off to me

Maybe I'll try another week to see if they get it sorted out. Not sure I can take another week of Billy Ray though. Wow! that was awesome! What did you think judges?
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I thought I had DVR'd the show..instead I must have been smoking some crack that night because I ended up taping American Gladiators instead ....guess I'm off to NBC and see if they have the show online for me to watch....

ETA: Nope, no full shows online....just a brief 2 minute clip of all the contestants....

Just from that clip, I like Melissa, Coffey and the 3 sisters that sung Dixie Chicks!
    Last edited by bbnbama; 06-11-2008 at 12:31 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Reality? Really?

I was a bit surprised that Charley was eliminated over Alyson. She didn't have a bad voice, but I didn't care for her performance. I couldn't get past all those faces she kept making -- especially with her eyes.

Does anyone remember if Coffey auditioned for American Idol a few seasons back? It seems like his wife was about to deliver their baby during the auditions, and I think he made it to Hollywood Week. I remember thinking he was very good back then, and was surprised he didn't go further. He was one of my favorites last night. I also really liked Melissa Lawson.

My husband who was forced into watching this with me last night and who is NOT AT ALL into reality shows said that he felt that the fix was in because of the sound. Melissa and Coffey (don't think he was on AI) were the only ones whose mics didn't sound horribly off. In comparison, I watched this first and then watched the last Can You Duet and even the host sounded better. Nashville Star sounded like they were all talking in a vacuum through cotton. The sound engineer for that show needs to be fired or they need to not be so obvious over who the TCO's are......

Anyway....funny enough....those were my favorite two anyways so there was no need to mess with the sound. I am just wondering how much better the rest would have sounded if the mics weren't so messed up because they ALL sounded really good in their audition clips and in there rehearsal clips.

I would have been happy with either Charley or Alyson being eliminated, they were definitely the worst of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3049945;
    I thought I had DVR'd the show..instead I must have been smoking some crack that night because I ended up taping American Gladiators instead ....guess I'm off to NBC and see if they have the show online for me to watch....

ETA: Nope, no full shows online....just a brief 2 minute clip of all the contestants....

Just from that clip, I like Melissa, Coffey and the 3 sisters that sung Dixie Chicks!
    I understand that they're being shown on CMT, but I don't know when.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3049945;

Nashville Star repeats are airing on CMT (Country Music Televison). They will have the show on several times Saturday & Sunday. Starting next week it will also air on Friday nights in Can You Duet's time slot, as well as Saturday & Sunday. Check out the CMT website for air times.

I am so glad they are running the repeats of the show, we had severe weather alerts that night. I only got to see less than 20 minutes total of the show, I was so mad.

+ Reply to Thread