+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Nashville Star - Season 6

Re: Nashville Star - Season 6

The bottom 2 are Charlie and Allison. Charlie got sent home. Jewel and John voted for him to leave while Jeffrey voted for Allison.

Seriousy??? This was the top in all of America that tried out? There were only 5 that I thought were any good. I just can't believe that was the best of the best. I am definately spoiled with Can you Duet. There is so much talent on that show. I think its clear who the winners are here. My top 3 Were Melissa Lawson, Coffey and Garcia. (can't remember is first name).

I am so mad! We had severe weather alerts here so the stupid local weather guy was on for most of the show... we got to see the first 20 minutes and the last 3 people who performed. I had been looking forward to this show for months .
    I will have to check out CMT to see when they are airing the repeats.

My faves are Gabe Garcia even though I ddn't get to see his performance (he was my pre-show pick) and Ashlee. I can't stand Justin the underwear model, there is no way he should be on this show!

I have heard Shawn Mayer sing at local events. She is actually a lot better than she was tonight. Hopefully she sticks around and people get to hear what a wonderful voice she really has.

FORT Fan

Watching her on the we(s)t coast. So far my favourites are Melissa, Coffey and Gabe Garcia. Too bad there's so much competition in this time slot.

Well, that was a wasted two hours last night. If that's the best they can come up with, good luck with this show. I doubt I'll be watching anymore.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3042133;
    I don't know anything about the fix being in for Chris Young to win Season 4, but what is a shame is how his record label is not promoting his singles. Songs from his two CDs have not gotten much radio airplay at all.

In season 5, the "fix was in" for Whitney Duncan to win but the voters spoiled that plan. She was placed on the show by the record label execs to see how the audience would react to her. Their plan backfired and Whiteny finally got voted off. They came up with the voting errors drama so no one was sent home the week before original song week. The record execs wanted to keep Whitney on the show long enough so she could perform her original song "Skinnydipping", but she got voted off after that. When Angela Hacker won, the record label never allowed Angela to release a full CD. She had that Walmart only CD that was released right after the show ended, and that was it. The record label then signed Whitney Duncan and dropped Angela.

If you notice the promos for Nashville Star that were running the last month or so, Whitney Duncan was featured in every single commercial.
    Which is a real shame, because Angela Hacker was about a zillion times better than Whitney Duncan. I guess it's all about the looks and none about the talent.

I don't think any winner of Nashville Star from any season has had any success after the show. Whereas Nashville seems to embrace former American Idol contestants, no love is given for Nashville Star winners - let alone contestants that don't win. The only one who has had any success, as far as I can see (I don't follow country as much as used to because I just don't like the modern version of country very much) is Miranda Lambert.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I had family over last night so I had to DVR this show...can't wait to watch it though!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Am I the only one who thought the show lacked the fluidity that it had before? Granted I didn't see the whole thing, but the intros and the judges comments seemed terriby clipped and rushed. And that l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ong drawn out pause when BRC was announcing the bottom two made me want to slap him and turn off the TV. They could have shortened the elimination and spent a little more time on the contestants themselves. JMO.

I didn't see everybody perform, but from what I did see, the right two were in the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3047161;
    Me, I'm a Willie and Waylon guy, personally though.
    You have good taste Krom.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread