+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: Nashville Star - Season 6

Re: Nashville Star - Season 6

Seems like Melissa is a hit on itunes. I know it helps that she's been plastered everywhere, but she's #11 on the all genre chart.

An article about Melissa from the Nashville paper.
    'Nashville Star' winner will make time for family | www.tennessean.com | The Tennessean
    'Nashville Star' winner will make time for family
    From staff writer Cindy Watts:

Melissa Lawson may have just won a recording deal with Warner Bros. Nashville, a new Toyota truck and the opportunity to sing at the Summer Olympics in Beijing next week, but right now all the 32-year-old mother of five and Nashville Star champion wants to do is log in some time with her family.

"I'm really excited about going home for a couple of days and just really revamping everything and getting prepared for the next phase of this journey," the Texan said after the win on Monday. "This has been an amazing two-and-a-half months, and of course it's kind of its own little world. I just want to go home for a couple of days, give my kids what they need from me, mentally chill out and then get prepared for China."

Melissa leaves at the end of week for Beijing, where she will perform her new single "What If It All Goes Right." When she gets back, she will start on her first album and prepare for the Nashville Star tour, which kicks off in early fall.

"I feel very privileged to be able to represent moms around the world," she said. "There are so many people out there like myself who have a dream and they've set it aside to be able to raise their kids, which is so noble.

"But at some point as a mom you have to realize you don't want to lose yourself in that. You have to fight for who you are because if you're not the strongest you can be, then your kids won't have what they need as a foundation.

"I will work really really hard and make sure this works. It will be a balancing act. I'm not saying it isn't going to be hard. But that doesn't mean you give up."

Thanks for that Unk!

I hope she does really well. She has a great voice and personality.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Jewel marries rodeo star boyfriend | www.tennessean.com | The Tennessean
    Jewel marries rodeo star boyfriend

By BEVERLY KEEL Celebrity columnist August 8, 2008

Country singer Jewel married her boyfriend of a decade, rodeo star Ty Murray, in The Cove Atlantis in the Bahamas Thursday, 'People' reports.

"She wore a traditional wedding gown, while Ty wore his favorite blue jeans, white shirt and cowboy hat," Jewel's spokesperson told 'People.' "The couple is very happy and look forward to enjoying their honeymoon."
    Advertisement

The pair, who never announced an engagement, live on a 2,200-acre ranch in Stephenville, Texas.

Murray can be seen in his wife's video, "I Do."

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Cutie Justin Gaston in the spotlight with Miley AND Taylor Link Here
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread