+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nashville Star - Season 6

Re: Nashville Star - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3037479;
    TMZ had a blurb that she was cut because the producers deemed she wasn't "star material"......take that for what its worth
    Where were these producers in Season 1 aka "Let's get Buddy Jewell a record deal?"

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3037479;
    TMZ had a blurb that she was cut because the producers deemed she wasn't "star material"......take that for what its worth
    If she wasn't "star" material, why did Nashville Star cast her for the show in the first place? That makes no sense.

I heard that she was cut because she works for CMT. Repeat airing of Nashville Star will be shown on CMT, so they deemed it a conflict of interest. Not sure if that is the real reason though.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by gochapgo;3039875;
    Where were these producers in Season 1 aka "Let's get Buddy Jewell a record deal?"
    I actually liked Buddy Jewell....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3040051;
    I actually liked Buddy Jewell....
    Me too . I also liked john Arthur martinez who came in 2nd in Season One, so I split my votes for both of them.
    I saw Buddy Jewell in concert twice, he puts on a great show!

Buddy got dropped by the record label label last year, but he is releasing a new independent CD very soon, I can't wait! I have his 2 indie CDs that he did before Nashville Star and the 2 major label CDs that he released. I am ready for some new music from Buddy Jewell .

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3037552;
    Awesome! I really hate the forced duo's on that show and I love the sounds of a really good group that can harmonize like nobody's business. Again....except for Billy Ray *grrrrr* I'm excited about this show.
    I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000
    Heeee....hubby is on an aircraft carrier that comes home.. .TODAY! They have the best mock Idols and Nashville Star competitions on the carriers. It's fun. I bet it will be the Enterprise since that's the one the Navy usually brings out to let Hollywood use.
    Congrats! That's really great news.

I'm happy that Jewel is a judge this time. I love her and I loved it when she hosted.

I found a video that introduces the 12 finalists for Nashville Star, here is the link:
    Nashville Star - TV.com

Scroll down to the middle of the page for the video section, and click on the video for the Nashville Star Top 12. Enjoy .

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3040048;
    If she wasn't "star" material, why did Nashville Star cast her for the show in the first place? That makes no sense.
    Nashville Star is fixed. I have a friend who's a singer and he told me that everyone in Nashville knew that Chris Young was going to win almost a year before his season started airing. My guess is that this years winner is also already picked.

Most reality shows have some sort of fix in them but they still have to abide by the game show laws/rules so that keeps them from out right messing things over. I watch these shows for the entertainment factor and try to not get too vested in a favorite since usually the ones I pick never win.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3041093;
    I found a video that introduces the 12 finalists for Nashville Star, here is the link:
    Nashville Star - TV.com

Scroll down to the middle of the page for the video section, and click on the video for the Nashville Star Top 12. Enjoy .
    Looks like an interesting cast...can't wait to see them!
    Thanks for the link xmaskat!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;3041452;
    Nashville Star is fixed. I have a friend who's a singer and he told me that everyone in Nashville knew that Chris Young was going to win almost a year before his season started airing. My guess is that this years winner is also already picked.
    I don't know anything about the fix being in for Chris Young to win Season 4, but what is a shame is how his record label is not promoting his singles. Songs from his two CDs have not gotten much radio airplay at all.

In season 5, the "fix was in" for Whitney Duncan to win but the voters spoiled that plan. She was placed on the show by the record label execs to see how the audience would react to her. Their plan backfired and Whiteny finally got voted off. They came up with the voting errors drama so no one was sent home the week before original song week. The record execs wanted to keep Whitney on the show long enough so she could perform her original song "Skinnydipping", but she got voted off after that. When Angela Hacker won, the record label never allowed Angela to release a full CD. She had that Walmart only CD that was released right after the show ended, and that was it. The record label then signed Whitney Duncan and dropped Angela.

If you notice the promos for Nashville Star that were running the last month or so, Whitney Duncan was featured in every single commercial.
    Last edited by xmaskat; 06-06-2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: I forgot to add something.

+ Reply to Thread