+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Nashville Star - Season 6

Re: Nashville Star - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by surviorwannabe;3072630;
    Since BR is such a bore I wonder if that is why they brought Katie Cook in.
    It could be because Billy Ray does seem to struggle with the making small talk, he is rather akward with the contestants sometimes. They also could have brought Katie Cook in because the show repeats on CMT.

The theme for the show this week is "pop goes country", where the contestants are supposed to take pop songs and sing them country style. Seems like they have already done quite a lot of pop songs in the past 2 weeks .
    The guest act for this week is Danity Kane!! Why would they chose a group to be on the show that has nothing remotely to do with country music??

Also the show will be 2 hours on Monday instead of 90 minutes as originally scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3072705;
    The theme for the show this week is "pop goes country", where the contestants are supposed to take pop songs and sing them country style. Seems like they have already done quite a lot of pop songs in the past 2 weeks .
    The guest act for this week is Danity Kane!! Why would they chose a group to be on the show that has nothing remotely to do with country music??
    Yeah the model (can't think of his name) has been doing them the whole time

FORT Newbie

Great tonight we get Hot women singing, Danity kane and Salt and peppa, I hope that the model dude gets voted off for being Douche!!!!

Premium Member

does anyone know who got cut, my station had on the fireworks so couldn't see tonight's show

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3075205;
    does anyone know who got cut, my station had on the fireworks so couldn't see tonight's show
    It was Justin Gaston.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3072705;
    It The theme for the show this week is "pop goes country", where the contestants are supposed to take pop songs and sing them country style. Seems like they have already done quite a lot of pop songs in the past 2 weeks .
    I was only half listening, but didn't I hear Billy Ray say that it was first time Nashville Star had done the "pop goes country" theme? If he did, then that's totally wrong. They did it during the first season.

I have to admit I didn't even bother watching the show. It's already too "pop" to suit me, and the only one who even remotely appeals to me is Gabe. The show itself also has no credibility as far as I'm concerned. Since they've made no effort in the past to promote their winners, why will this year be any different? And, based on that, why should I care who wins?
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

After last night? I'm just about ready to toss this show away. I was ABSOLUTELY disgusted with the addition of the dancers. Why did they mess up the formula? The show started off bad and has rapidly gone south with every airing. I wish it was still on USA.

(In response to not promoting the winner.....) My husband, who is a die-hard traditional country fan, said that the reason why this show sucks as much as it does and the reason why 99.99% of the contestants on this show are not accepted by Nashville (and why they aren't promoted) is because of how cliquish that community is....that they on a whole hate Rich because he (and his big mouth) has managed to tick most of them all and that Jewel has never been accepted so that no matter who wins this? They more than likely won't go anywhere, at least in Nashville. This all came about because I was asking him why is it that AI country contestants are accepted but Nashville Star ones aren't.

Anyways.....he hated the show more than I did.

And because it can't be said enough...

I HATE THE ADDITION OF THE DANCERS!!

Anyways, one more week......and if it doesn't improve? I'm done with this show which really makes me mad! I looked forward to the return of this show all year and then get handed this crap.

GABE - Just LOVED him. He made it country and I would actually buy that record
    MELISSA - I love her voice and I would buy her records right off
    LAURA/SOPHIE – I felt it wrong that they basically had the score just handed to them. They had such an advantage that the judges praised Jeff for the arrangement
    COFFEY – I wanted to love this guy. I wanted to see a black man other than Charley Pride do country proud….. he didn’t make me proud. Nuff said
    JUSTIN – too little too late but it was good
    PEARL HEART – Only OK. Didn’t blow me away
    TOM – just didn’t get it but the song sounded nice (not country though)
    The others – was so boring that I could not even remember their song or their names.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Hi All!

For whatever reason, I did not set up a TIVO season pass for NS, and did not remember that it was on last night. I came in to possibly be spoiled check to see when it was on CMT and then I read about the dancers. Are you kidding me???!

NBC is really struggling, but they are only making it worse for themselves, not better. How about going for, like, quality....substance? Not dreck? Anything?

Glad to hear model-boy is gone. If I do catch the CMT airing I'll be sure to fast forward through DK and other fluff.
    Could does not mean should

The problem with the dancers (other than they weren't good and were inappropriate) is that they are insidious and you couldn't get away from them! There was no fast forwarding to try and get past them, then you would miss the whole show. Whomever came up with this brilliant (sarcasm) idea needs to be fired and truly has no clue about country music. What makes them think that we would like a bunch of really bad cheerleader types trying to dance behind the singers? Oh right. The same people who thought we would be interested in a pop night on a country music show.

Once again the sound was waaaaaaaaaay off (meaning almost all of them sounded off key and horrible) and I hated the addition of the choir during the opening song. I thought at first that Melissa was signing alone and that they were forcing the other contestants to stand there on stage while she sang, now that would have been funny.

Did BRC dye his hair? Seemed redder than usual.

+ Reply to Thread