+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Nashville Star - Season 6

FORT Newbie

Re: Nashville Star - Season 6

VeronicaBelle27 is spot on.
    Gabe, Melissa, and Laura and Sophie will be there til top 3.
    although Pearl Heart brings something special into it and they may improve along the way.
    I'd hate to choose between Gabe and Melissa.
    Melissa makes me smile a
    nd aaaaaaaahhh
    Gabe's voice is waht makes him a babe.

FORT Newbie

by the way had to work and missed the last episode
    can someone tell me what Third Town sounded like?
    i thought they were a good group but i keep seeing "not surprised" remarks about them getting cut.....

thanks

FORT Newbie

Yes, although Billy boy is hard to stopmach, some of the performers are very nice.
    That model boy is horrible, I thought 3rd town was alright, i also loved ashley, melissa and pearl heartt(worst name tho =) ) Anyways, i am def gonna keep tuned in, cuz i think a lot of them are gonna get less nervous, and get really good.
    MM

FORT Newbie

yes
    it'll be great to watch them grow

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

BRC is really awful. I haven't thought anybody was especially good since Nancy O'Dell. I would love it if they would bring her back.

I really don't get your problem with Billy Ray. I've seen him in various types of shows and that's just the way he normally acts. He may not be a good host (although I have no problem with him), but he is genuine.

Personally? I don't have a problem with BRC and love him on Hannah Montanna (yes, I used to watch it. I have a kid lol but I've seen convinced him to watch something else lol).....he just seems so AWKWARD up there. Like he has no idea what to say to the contestants, how to make small talk, how to move the dialog along, how to introduce the next segment, how to take it to commercial with a cute little tidbit. I think it's something that will get better with time but right now? It's uncomfortable watching him struggle.

My main issue with Billy Ray is that he comes off as less "aw-shucks Ma'am" and more "dumb hick" (and I'm from a hick state so don't think I'm bashing anyone ). Even my husband jokes about them having to slow down the teleprompter and dumb down the text for him. Every time he talks, it makes me cringe.

So far from what I'm seeing, there's a definite top group and bottom group. I can't believe that Melissa was in the bottom two last week, and I certainly hope she's not there again this week. The girl's got pipes! She needs to work on her stage presence and facial expressions though...she looks angry when she sings. Gabe is also one to watch. He's so genuine and honest on stage and has a great voice to go with it. He could be the Hispanic Garth Brooks.

I want to like some of the young acts. Laura and Sophie are sweet, but just not strong enough to make it far. Pearl Heart has a great sound, but the judges are right about the front woman comments. Little sister needs to take control of that stage or they won't last much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3048355;
    Am I the only one who thought the show lacked the fluidity that it had before? Granted I didn't see the whole thing, but the intros and the judges comments seemed terriby clipped and rushed. And that l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ong drawn out pause when BRC was announcing the bottom two made me want to slap him and turn off the TV. They could have shortened the elimination and spent a little more time on the contestants themselves. JMO.

I didn't see everybody perform, but from what I did see, the right two were in the bottom.
    There was definately something off. I can't put my finger on it. I think they need to get rid of jewel and bring back anastasia!

Quote Originally Posted by ladybiker26;3059610;
    I think Billy Ray needs to have a little bit more enthusiasm, he sounds a little boring. The judges are doing a great job this season, but I think I like LeAnn Rimes hosting much better....
    Since BR is such a bore I wonder if that is why they brought Katie Cook in.

+ Reply to Thread