+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

Re: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

I don't think Karin has Anorexia Nervosa. She seems just naturally really thin to me. AE is a serious disorder, one I had when I was a teenager. I do see models out there who look anorexic to me and I almost feel sick looking at them. I do think Karin would look better with a few pounds on her, but she really did take good pictures.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think she was anorexic...just anorexic looking.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

One thing, during the finale when Bahia, Tanya and Karin were on the stage in front of the judges, Tanya's stance screamed model while Bahia and Karin's did not.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3127006;
    One thing, during the finale when Bahia, Tanya and Karin were on the stage in front of the judges, Tanya's stance screamed model while Bahia and Karin's did not.
    I noticed that, too. She's always had that sort of presence, in my mind. I think that was one of the things that worked to her advantage. That, and I think she was more easily marketable.

FORT Fogey

Karin has always, uh, screamed model to me, as much as I dislike using that phrase.

Though Bahia is quite beautiful, I feel as though she definitely had a long way to go in terms of how the fashion industry works. She just makes some little mistakes here and there, namely saying the product is "disgusting" and being unable to substantiate her cover to the editors of Self.

I didn't agree at all with who they chose in the end. But I do think that all 4 of the finalists should be snatched up with contracts, they all could have very lucrative careers in modeling in one way or another.

Celeste: Catalog model, I could see her finding success in that area especially with active wear.

Tanya: Catalog model, I can't ever see her doing something editorial or high fashion ... this in spite of that jewelry shot, it still looked very JC Penney catalogy to me.

Bahia: Beauty shots. She could sell anything involving close ups, she was breath taking.

Karin: The only one I could see doing high fashion and editorial shots, she was so edgy and who I think should have won.

I feel that Tanya won because she was smart enough to make it LOOK like she had transformed when she changed her hair. Speaking of hair...what on earth was that mess? It looked AWFUL. I normally love that hair style but hers looked so stringy, I didn't see one properly formed curl in that mess.

Did you all see the ads for season 2? Looking forward to it! I really enjoyed this show and they stomped all over the other modeling shows.

I wished Karin had won, she had the biggest transformation. She really blossomed right before our eyes, I think she is a true inspiration! I really hope that Wilhmenia signs her too. I'm also looking forward to the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Luna;3131214;
    I wished Karin had won, she had the biggest transformation. She really blossomed right before our eyes, I think she is a true inspiration! I really hope that Wilhmenia signs her too. I'm also looking forward to the next season.
    That's what I like best about shows like this you can see a person grow and change right before your eyes and that's exactly what Karin did. Bahia was my initial favorite and while she also grew I felt Karin really grabbed the opportunity and had really positive results.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Karin did seem to really embrace the competition. I remember when she said at first she thought she was in the show to be the comedic relief.

The new season starts tommorrow. It looks like they'll have more interesting photo shoots and alot more drama in the house than they did last year.

+ Reply to Thread