+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

Re: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3107491;
    I didn't have a problem with her going home. She really had some underlying anger issues. She comes across very mean and nasty in her confessionals. Although she was hysterical doing imitiations of the two that were eliminated the previous episode.
    I've only been able to fully watch the first two episodes. The rest I've caught bits and pieces (like the photo shoots and challenges). I don't think I've seen a Hope confessional, but I'll take your word for it.

FORT Fogey

I didn't see the last episode, but I really hope Karin or Tanya wins, namely the former.

Well, my last choice of the three won. I'm horrible at picking winners of modeling contests. This year, I think I only picked one (ANTM).

missing katarzyna. SpectralRaven's Avatar

Was I the only one who thought it was unfair that Tanya got new hair?
    why can't any of my antm favorites ever win?!

FORT Fogey

I don't think it was that unfair, because it was pretty much her idea.

The final two was really ideal, though Karin should've won.

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;3124155;
    I don't think it was that unfair, because it was pretty much her idea.

The final two was really ideal, though Karin should've won.
    It was pretty much her idea. I don't know if the hair stylist was supposed to give an opinion, though. Still, it was smart to go with it.

I really disliked her cover and the panel was right, the bathtub had nothing to do with her idea or would be good as a cover.

There was just something about her pictures I wasn't that fond of. She wasn't horrible, but I would have preferred Karin or Bahia (in that order).

I'm glad Celeste did not make the final 3, partly because she already had a career as a model and partly because it looked as if she had missed the point of the presentation challenge and partly because I felt Bahia and Karin both had grown as people and really deseved a chance at a dream they had never experienced.

I was very glad the final three consisted of Tanya, Bahia and Karin. My first choice to win was Bahia and second choice was Karin. I empathized with them the most. I could feel their pain and I felt I knew them through their confessionals. Tanya remains an enigma. I don't know her, feel her pain. She had very thick walls and I never empathized at all with her. Celeste was a bit self centered, a bit of an egotistical beyotch. I kinda liked how the editors taped her saying me, me, me during her presentation to the Self staff.

As far as the final challenge, I felt that Tanya's picture was not a Self Cover Shot but was a picture for an article in the magazine. Her tagline was also too long and the picture did not relate to her theme. I was very surprised how argumentative/prickly Bahia was in regards to the Self panel and to the photographer. I know she is growing in her self esteem and self confidence but she needs to realize that they are experts, professionals in the fashion industry and you need to listen to their opinions. Her reaction shows that she was really beat down when she was younger and she is very sensitive in that regard. I did feel her final picture was better than Tanya's as far as the straight forward tagline. Did the picture truly present the tagline. Well, I thought it was better than Tanya's. I was surprised when Bahia was eliminated. At this point I thought that Karin was a shoo in. Especially after seeing her picture and tagline. While I did not feel the dress was appropriate. She needed something much less glitzy. She was the one contestent who seemed to have done the best job as far as the tagline and representitive picture are concerned. Imagine my surprise when Tanya won. Still I do hope both Bahia and Karin give modeling a chance, I think they both can do quite well in their market.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Bahia is stunningly beautiful, but ultimately I bet the judges felt she would be difficult to work with in the long run. She had issues, baggage.

That said, I bet Bahia and Karin will have some type of opportunity knocking at their door.

I wish Tanya lots of success.

I enjoyed this new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerinthewind;3124880;
    Bahia is stunningly beautiful, but ultimately I bet the judges felt she would be difficult to work with in the long run. She had issues, baggage.

That said, I bet Bahia and Karin will have some type of opportunity knocking at their door.

I wish Tanya lots of success.

I enjoyed this new series.
    A lot of people have baggage, see the models on America's Next Top Model, regardless of age. I don't think that is why Bahia was eliminated. Tanya had the total package and that is why she won. I do wish the judges had confessionals as to why they picked who they did, that way the public wouldn't go huh? at some of their decisions.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm glad that Karin did not win. The last thing we need is another anorexic bone out there representing women. Her thinness is gross, and this is a contest about image. She did come a long way from where she started in this competition, though, and I was sure she would be the winner.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread