+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

Re: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3054840;
    I think Paula was just putting on a big act, she is way too dramatic over everything. She was the same way on Superhero too, flying off the handle and stirring up drama for no reason.
    It it possible that she is psycho, but it comes off as more fake-y than anything else.
    Paula kept saying she has a story to tell and I get that. On Superhero she was saying how she was abused as a child and that she basically raised herself and gets no support from her family etc... and how her co-workers think she is a man etc... I do think she is getting to be a bit much, cause I saw some of the housemates rolling their eyes. Everyone has a story, everyone has crap in their lives. She is not the only one. It's how a person deals with it that defines them as a person, and right now all I see is Paula wallowing in a big puddle of agony, self doubt, etc... that's fine up to a point and you have got to get yourself under control and get out of that puddle else you will drown in it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I thought she was the homeless girl from ANTM, looks just like her. But now I remember her from Superhero. She got on every single one of my nerves including the last one. I hate people who are so self-centered that they think they are the only ones with "a story", the only ones that stuff has happened to. Guess what? Unless you live in an isolated bubble? EVERYBODY has issues, stuff, a story to tell. Its the type of word we live in and I have no patience, pity, or time for those that go on and on ad nauseam about their little dramas.

I love Bahia, she's beautiful and love the oldest woman and there was one black woman who is 50 and looked like she was 30. The rest haven't made a lasting impression yet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, if you are bothered by people thinking that you look like a man or are a man, that problem can be easily remedied with a modicum of determination. Regardless of your sexualilty, and she is dealing with her gay issue, you can change your outer appearance. It's all just window dressing for ALL of us, regardless of our orientation. She could look more feminine if she truly wanted to. Maybe her misery works for her, somehow. It gets attention. I'd like to see her have more confidence in whom she is. Like Harmony said, we all have things we've had to overcome. I, for one, don't believe in rolling in/dwelling in something that makes me miserable. I think success is about moving on! Will there still be some days when when the "issues" raise their ugly heads and show themselves??? Sure, there will! I've learned to say, "Permission denied!" Puts me back in control and comes in real handy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3054993;
    I thought she was the homeless girl from ANTM, looks just like her.
    That was Marvina, and yes there is a resemblence now that you mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3056197;
    That was Marvina, and yes there is a resemblence now that you mention it.
    At first I thought Paula was Marvita.
    I've almost completely forgotten about "Who wants to be a Super Hero"; a stupid show, but I liked it.
    People who want to be equal's lives are filled with subtractions and auditions
    Marilyn Manson-Doppelhurz

PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS petite_indigo's Avatar

Sorry I'm late didn't get a chance to watch the show until today. I'm soooo sad to see sharon go !! I really enjoyed her, and admired her very much. She reminds me of my grandmother, both ladies have a spunk and fire for life. I agree with all the comments about Paula. I was hoping we wouldn't have to deal with the drama that we see on other show..ha silly me ! I see that roxanne is going to have to deal with a little jealousy as many of the ladies did the eyeroll when she was done her interview.
    squirrel please!!!!:nono

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wasn't Sharon about the same height as the other "short" woman? The other short woman had better be worried!

The woman who went home because of her children....poor thing has "clingy" problems. I feel kind of sorry for her boys. The son she spoke to on the phone told her that they were doing fine and, basically, told her as much. He encouraged her to stay. Geez, woman...let the boys breathe a little! Any woman that marries into her family is going to have hell to pay. See you on Dr. Phil, lady!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-16-2008 at 03:36 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by petite_indigo;3059346;
    Sorry I'm late didn't get a chance to watch the show until today. I'm soooo sad to see sharon go !! I really enjoyed her, and admired her very much. She reminds me of my grandmother, both ladies have a spunk and fire for life. I agree with all the comments about Paula. I was hoping we wouldn't have to deal with the drama that we see on other show..ha silly me ! I see that roxanne is going to have to deal with a little jealousy as many of the ladies did the eyeroll when she was done her interview.
    Sharon had one of the best faces on the show and I am sorry to see her go. I would have loved to shoot her. The mommy one (can't remember her name) should not have been selected in the first place. I kind of feel sorry for her kids, she seems clingy. Paula's personality overshadows her look. Her little tantrum when her group lost the challenge was childish. Some of the other women have real potential, though.

The rant was ridiculous. The judges told them from the start that the group would be judged on the way they worked together. It had nothing to do with looks. Still, she had to martyr herself and ended up showing herself as a poor sport. I'm ready for her to go. Everyone has a story to tell and tragedy to endure. That's life.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by The Pope;3056283;
    At first I thought Paula was Marvita.
    I've almost completely forgotten about "Who wants to be a Super Hero"; a stupid show, but I liked it.
    Paula was Whip-Snap on "Who wants to be a Super Hero". She has made the June 23rd -29th issue of TV Guide and they also reveal that she lied about her age. On WWTBASH she said she was 31 and only 12 months later she is on SGTL and she is 37. When asked about it Paula says this is Hollywood everyone lies about their age. Well, maybe she is lying about other stuff too and is just showing us her acting chops.

She's Got the Look also made the Jeers section of the TV Guide, saying that TV Land was saying it is original programming. Well, la de dah, with all the crap on TV I like this show. I am happy to see a cable show not geared to the 18 yr old crowd and has not gone over the top like America's Next Top Model has.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread