+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 171

Thread: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

  1. #11
    PLEASE OPEN YOUR MINDS petite_indigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    32
    Posts
    107

    Re: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

    I fell in live withthis show form the first person that walked on stage. It honest and it seems like its going to be a great program. The women are all gorgeous, and i really like the personalties they chose. Unlike ANTM I really saw a lot of potential in many of the women who auditioned give or take a few sacry moments( that woman in dallas with the tammy fae make up ....ahhhh!!!). I also really admire Sharon I think she is great and she looks beautiful in the promom shot on the Tvland website. I think I've found my summer fix.
    squirrel please!!!!:nono

  2. #12
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

    Quote Originally Posted by petite_indigo;3039872;
    I fell in live withthis show form the first person that walked on stage. It honest and it seems like its going to be a great program. The women are all gorgeous, and i really like the personalties they chose. Unlike ANTM I really saw a lot of potential in many of the women who auditioned give or take a few sacry moments( that woman in dallas with the tammy fae make up ....ahhhh!!!). I also really admire Sharon I think she is great and she looks beautiful in the promom shot on the Tvland website. I think I've found my summer fix.
    My favorite contestant so far is the woman who is 63 (sorry, I only was able to catch snippets at times, so I'm not sure on her name). Even though she lied about her age, at least she was honest why she did and admitted to her real age. I do agree with the one judge, that she does have a great story and it's easy to like her.

    In Paula's defense about TV and such, it is possible - highly unlikely but possible - that this casting was actually started before "Superhero," so she didn't have that experience. That said, if it was after, I hope she was honest about it because stuff like that will be found out. They did with ages.

    I love the ideas they have for this season so far - even if right now the only pics we've seen are the ones with the diamonds/fancy dresses and two men modeling with the contestants. Simple, but quite pretty.

    If the pics do well, I would hope that - based on the ones so far - ANTM would take a lesson or two on modeling. (Well, at least another step up based on the improvement IMHO of Cycle 10 from Cycle 9)

  3. #13
    26.2, baby! Allie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,683

    Re: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

    Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3039270;
    I could not believe it when I saw her on the show tonight, and then she kept saying to the judges and other contestants "I don't know anything about being on TV, or in front of a camera I don't know where to look..." yeah right. Liar, liar.

    Other than Paula and her pack of lies, I really enjoyed the show tonight. Quite a wide range of ages that were selected for "the board".
    That's why she looked so familiar! I really doubt Superhero was filmed before this one. I hope they address her reality TV experience on camera

    I had thought it was because she reminded me of one of the models on ANTM (Marvita) a bit.

    There are some better models on the show that I've seen so far. I have my eye on three or four of them. We'll see how they do. I'll be tuning in again.

  4. #14
    kero kerowyn66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    470

    Re: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

    Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3040875;
    That's why she looked so familiar! I really doubt Superhero was filmed before this one. I hope they address her reality TV experience on camera

    I had thought it was because she reminded me of one of the models on ANTM (Marvita) a bit.

    There are some better models on the show that I've seen so far. I have my eye on three or four of them. We'll see how they do. I'll be tuning in again.
    The producers had to have known who she was. That is the only reason I can think of as the reason she was sent on to the finals.

    If the previews were accurate, it looks as if her emotions are still close to the surface. She is shown crying, arguing and throwing hissy fits, just like on Superhero.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

  5. #15
    FORT Fogey xmaskat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,519

    Re: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

    Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;3041534;
    The producers had to have known who she was. That is the only reason I can think of as the reason she was sent on to the finals.

    If the previews were accurate, it looks as if her emotions are still close to the surface. She is shown crying, arguing and throwing hissy fits, just like on Superhero.
    I could not stand her on Superhero, and know I won't be able to stand her on this show either . I will be cheering when she "doesn't make the board" or whatever the catch-phrase for this show is. Bye bye, drama queen.

  6. #16
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,068

    Re: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

    Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3042139;
    I could not stand her on Superhero, and know I won't be able to stand her on this show either . I will be cheering when she "doesn't make the board" or whatever the catch-phrase for this show is. Bye bye, drama queen.
    Oh, wow, I watched that season of Superheroes and didn't recognize her at all. How quickly I forget once a show is over. She needs to get over that emotional baggage she is carrying.

    My favs so far are Roxanne and Hope. Have a little soft spot for Bahia.

    By the end of the show I had a nice feeling for the show. Its were America's Next Top Model was for seasons 1 and 2 before it got so big it is a charicature of itself.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  7. #17
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,477

    Re: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

    Glad to see there's a group interested in this show! I look forward to getting addicted!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #18
    FORT Fan LocaCola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    174

    Re: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3032507;
    Finally. We have women in to do the modelling, let Ty deal with the children.
    (I was happy with this season's winner, but did not make up for the shoe-in of the previous season.)

    Love meeting these women and hearing their life story and why they've waited so long.
    ANTM "models" aren't actually that young. It is rare to see an 18 year-old make it to finals, most are closer to 25, which is ancient in the modeling world.

    Quote Originally Posted by petite_indigo;3039872;
    I fell in live withthis show form the first person that walked on stage. It honest and it seems like its going to be a great program. The women are all gorgeous, and i really like the personalties they chose. Unlike ANTM I really saw a lot of potential in many of the women who auditioned give or take a few sacry moments( that woman in dallas with the tammy fae make up ....ahhhh!!!). I also really admire Sharon I think she is great and she looks beautiful in the promom shot on the Tvland website. I think I've found my summer fix.
    I love Sharon as well. I also like Bahia, Tanya, Roxanne, and Celeste.

  9. #19
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,068

    Re: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

    June 11, 2008

    Makeovers - yeah all the women are mature about their makeovers, except Paula. Paula is the tall Africa America athletic looking female with the mohawk. The stylist says they can't do anything with her hair as it is so short (and damaged) and they tell her not to wear it in a mohawk as it comes across as very agressive. I am surprised that cannot even do a weave. Maybe there are time and money constraints I don't know. Paula takes it very personally that they could do anything for her. Its another personal rejection. Hey if this was ANTM Tyra would have shaved all of Paula's hair off. The stylist did suggest she have a variety of wigs to change her look

    First photoshoot. Nude and in 2 teams of 5. Blue vs Pink. Pink wins. Paula was on the Blue Team. At the house she has a meltdown and makes it a personal attack on her, that she is not beautiful enough. The woman is borderline psychotic about the issue even the 3 other African American women are going "what is your problem"??? Paula is not going to last in a business where there is harsh rejection and criticism on a daily basis. I can see this woman going postal on someone. She needs some serious therapy.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #20
    FORT Fogey xmaskat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,519

    Re: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

    I think Paula was just putting on a big act, she is way too dramatic over everything. She was the same way on Superhero too, flying off the handle and stirring up drama for no reason.
    It it possible that she is psycho, but it comes off as more fake-y than anything else.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.