+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

Re: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

I've watched it since the beginning, but when I saw that Kim was replaced by Brooke Burke - I said No.
    I grew up looking at Kim Alexis and her pictures all over.
    She was a true super model.
    Brooke's claim to fame seems to be Playboy and the E show, Wild On.
    Brooke is just not in the super model league, IMO.
    It's kind of like Shear Genius replacing Jaclyn Smith with the new lady.
    No credibility, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4036655;
    I've watched it since the beginning, but when I saw that Kim was replaced by Brooke Burke - I said No.
    I grew up looking at Kim Alexis and her pictures all over.
    She was a true super model.
    Brooke's claim to fame seems to be Playboy and the E show, Wild On.
    Brooke is just not in the super model league, IMO.
    It's kind of like Shear Genius replacing Jaclyn Smith with the new lady.
    No credibility, IMO.
    I'm with you on them replacing Kim with Brooke. And I wasn't that impressed with the new women they have on judging by the pics. A lot of them look alike and rather bland. I'll probably give it a try if I remember.

Beverly Johnson was a witch, every time a woman who might have an actual shot at modeling was up for judging she would let loose with so much vileness that it was uncomfortable to watch. I'm glad she is gone.

Kim Alexis never really did anything for me in the hosting department, she seemed rather plastic and cold.

Burke? She's the one doing DWTS now, right? She's a difficult one to call. She was great on Rockstar but horrible on DWTS. So she could go either way.

I like this show, ANTM is a complete freak show and joke now and such a disappointment. I'm glad there are other modeling shows out there to make up for the mess that ANTM has become.

Hopefully this one doesn't descend down to that level and stays enjoyable.

I just looked at the bios and photos, I think they are great! Some of the women are very lovely looking and I can't wait to see what they transform into as the show progresses.

This one? Marilin, 38 - certified bus mechanic - I'm expecting huge things from. Not in the modeling but because of her job and hints of being a tomboy under it all. She should be entertaining.

Jocelyn, Regina, Julie, Annie (who looks very young!), Kathleen stand out in the looks department and the rest aren't bad looking either.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 08-14-2010 at 05:55 AM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Thanks for the reminder about this show, Critical. Allie and Shay got me into this show last summer and I really liked it. I like supporting reality shows where the contestants don't all have to be super young. I recorded the first episode this past week and I'm going to try and watch it tomorrow. Did anyone watch it this week? Shay, are you watching?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4051104;
    Thanks for the reminder about this show, Critical. Allie and Shay got me into this show last summer and I really liked it. I like supporting reality shows where the contestants don't all have to be super young. I recorded the first episode this past week and I'm going to try and watch it tomorrow. Did anyone watch it this week? Shay, are you watching?
    I watched! They actually ran the first episode two weeks ago so, so the "premiere" was a rerun I can't quite figure out the point of that, but whatever.

I thought it was okay. Of all the people they could have gotten rid of, I wish they'd dumped Robert Verdi instead of Kim Alexis or Beverly Johnson, although I suspect Bev was a pain in the ass to deal with on set.

The one beef I have with this show - and, frankly, with ANTM as well - is that they throw these women into a modeling situation with very little instruction and then bag on them when they don't know what they're doing.

The gal they eliminated this week definitely didn't take the worst picture. She was busting her tail to stay on that guy's shoulder and still look like she was having fun. I thought she did a pretty good job, considering the circumstances. Several of the other women didn't put in nearly as much effort and I don't think their pictures were very good either.

I actually thought Brooke Burke did a pretty good job. I liked that she sort of stood up for the two who had to pose on that guy's shoulder when one of the other judges commented on how their feet looked. Brooke jumped in and said that they were doing that to keep from falling off. I was surprised that she had some good, constructive criticism. Not so sure about Roshumba Williams yet - she was a bit harsh.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, of course I'm watching!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Just watched. Roshumba is stunning. She was firm but not mean. As to who went home, I probably would have kept her, but I do think they were right and that fitness modeling is her area. I do not like Jocelyn, and would have been happy for her to go home. Her picture was blah and there is something almost plastic about her face. I also would not have minded if Julie went home, but i knew she did not because her picture on the Website had a different hair style, so I knew she at least made it to the next round.

Wow, Jocelyn has a crappy attitude. Arrogant, stubborn and immature. They should have sent her home for the way she behaved at the salon. The judges probably kept her around for the drama, but I wish they hadn't. It seems like every one of these modeling shows has to have one contestant who thinks she knows more than the stylists and judges do. I always wonder if they watch the show later and recognize how unattractive that attitude really is.

My favorites right now are Nina, Marilin and Diane. Whether any of them will win, I have no idea, but I like their personalities and attitudes.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I agree about Jocelyn and her crappy attitude.

I think the right person went home, and they did her no favors with the haircut/hairdo they gave her. I thought she looked hideous. If anyone should have been annoyed about their hair, it should have been her. Her hair really accentuated the lines in her face. I thought she looked rough.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4053667;
    I agree about Jocelyn and her crappy attitude.

I think the right person went home, and they did her no favors with the haircut/hairdo they gave her. I thought she looked hideous. If anyone should have been annoyed about their hair, it should have been her. Her hair really accentuated the lines in her face. I thought she looked rough.
    I missed ANOTHER new ep? Sigh. I just watched the first one last night. lol. I'll catch this one on the Web once it is posted.

Jocelyn annoyed me on the first show. She's not unusual looking. She's not stunning. She does not seem personable.

+ Reply to Thread