+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

missing katarzyna. SpectralRaven's Avatar

Re: She's Got the Look - (TV Land)

I'm happy with the winner, as well. She looked DIVINE in that red dress. DIVINE!
    why can't any of my antm favorites ever win?!

I didn't dislike Cindy, but thought Theresa had more to deal with since the "dressers" couldn't seem to get her ready on time. And on the runway, she got a positive, "That's how you do it" when her top was in danger of falling, but she was lambasted at judging for the same thing.

Felt really sorry for the monkey attack on LeeAnn.

I'm not hating the outcome, ready to start the next season.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Looking at the ages of this and last season's winners, I am inclined to think anyone older than late 30's/early 40's will ever win.

Personally, I think Cindy should have won. She has a glow and was impossible to not look at. Teresa is drop-dead gorgeous too, but she had such an unpersonable look in her pictures, that she didn't do it for me the way Cindy did. F1 and F2 should have been reversed IMO.
    Last edited by Jexter; 08-01-2009 at 01:19 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Cindy has the most incredible bone structure. I think they got it right this year. She is stunning!
    They were all beautiful, but I think her bones but her ahead of the other two ladies.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3629914;
    Looking at the ages of this and last season's winners, I am inclined to think anyone older than late 30's/early 40's will never win.

Personally, I think Cindy should have won. She has a glow and was impossible to not look at. Theresa is drop-dead gorgeous too, but she had such an unpersonable look in her pictures, that she didn't do it for me the way Cindy did. F1 and F2 should have been reversed IMO.
    I got my names mixed up! I think Theresa (the blonde) should have won but didn't because she is too old.

Cindy is gorgeous as well, but she is flat in photos.

Sorry about mixup in case anyone cares!
    Last edited by Jexter; 08-02-2009 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3632058;
    I got my names mixed up! I think Theresa (the blonde) should have won but didn't because she is too old.

Cindy is gorgeous as well, but she is flat in photos.

Sorry about mixup in case anyone cares!
    I knew what you meant. I get the names mixed up all the time as well.

I don't know if it was age more than the fact that she can photograph harsh. I think Cindy has the opportunity to make the modeling firm more money because she might book a wider range of jobs. JMO, as I am not, obviously, an expert. She (Theresa) has a lovely smile, though. She looks wonderful even if she was years younger.

I do wish they would narrow the age group. There is a big difference between 72 and 35!. I did think she would get it because she seemed a favorite and was the second oldest in the competition while still being able to book more than just the parental-type jobs. At most, I would like to see a maximum 10 year age difference.

Cindy was actually a lot younger than Theresa. Theresa was 47; I believe Cindy was about 40.
    I thought we had a very good final 3. Theresa just seemed to photograph too much like an ice princess.
    I would have loved to see the 72 year old woman go a bit farther. She looked phenomenal for her age.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3633090;
    Cindy was actually a lot younger than Theresa. Theresa was 47; I believe Cindy was about 40.
    I thought we had a very good final 3. Theresa just seemed to photograph too much like an ice princess.
    I would have loved to see the 72 year old woman go a bit farther. She looked phenomenal for her age.
    The bio says Cindy was 39 (I rechecked). Eight years. To me that is near the max as to the age difference. I didn't agree with last year's winner, but this year I would not have minded either one of the ladies as winning. Theresa did not look 8-years-older in my opinion. Maybe five at the max.

And yes, I loved Dolores. I would not be surprised if she got some modeling jobs.

I was not surprised when the younger "older" model was picked. I bet Wilhelmina International has a lot of sway as to who wins. I think they picked the person who they thought could book more jobs and fit in best with their agency.

I agree with whoever said that even those these women are older, they still are fairly young looking. Extremely true. I think a prerequisite for being on the show is that you must look very well for your age.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm bumping this thread since the show premieres soon and they are already showing a preview on TV Land. The sneak peek (and bios for the ten contestants) is also available on the official site

The main changes this season are:
    Kim Alexis is out as the host and Brooke Burke is in .
    Beverly Johnson is out as a judge and Roshumba Williams is in.

Otherwise, it looks like it'll be the same format. Sean Patterson and Robert Verdi are back for the third season.

Considering the fact that 40-something women are on three of the top fashion mags this month (Julia Roberts on Elle, Halle Berry on Vogue and Jennifer Lopez on Glamour), this show is even more timely than before. And it's September, the biggest month for fashion mags.

Marks your calendars: the season premiere is Wednesday, August 25th!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread