+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: The Baby Borrowers - NBC

Re: The Baby Borrowers - NBC

That Kelly chick is unstable, in my opinion. The way she would just scream at the top of her lungs & cuss her boyfriend out & then in the one episode she screamed "I hate you" at him...yikes, what a freak. but he's always supposed to do everything she wants at all times.

I started out really hating Alicea, but after the first couple of episodes, I ended up liking her.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Regular

I was disappointed in last nights show. They didnt' even show some of them much.

That 77 year old year was really fit. I could only wish I was that fit now. The 89 year old ones were pretty active too.

I too wasn't surprise that none of the couples are still together. Cant' believe they are dragging it out another week. What more could they say?

I enjoyed this show..I didn't know it was filmed over a year ago though, so Im sure the break ups weren't soon after the show.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3150527;
    That Kelly chick is unstable, in my opinion. The way she would just scream at the top of her lungs & cuss her boyfriend out & then in the one episode she screamed "I hate you" at him...yikes, what a freak. but he's always supposed to do everything she wants at all times.

I started out really hating Alicea, but after the first couple of episodes, I ended up liking her.

And I felt like she hit him too. He was all, look what you're doing to me. His cheek was red. But the way it was edited, who knows?

I will admit I shed a few tears at the old people's long loves. It was sweet.

FORT Fan

I was surprised that I liked this show on the whole...

the episode with the elders was really sweet. I think a lot of the kids grew and matured during their stay on the show. The fact most broke up is no big deal...look how young they are. It is really good that they didn't go ahead with their dreams of getting pregnant and starting families before they were ready

I loved the episode with the Seniors. I think all the kids learned that life isn't all sweet.

FORT Regular

I liked how the elderly seemed to take these kids under their wings and encourage them to work things out between them. The kids all got a good eyeful of how hard marriage and raising families really is. I didn't like that Morgan at all when I first started watching, but was impressed how she hung in there and stuck it out after her boyfriend left her. I wound up liking her a lot because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledhead;3155334;
    I didn't like that Morgan at all when I first started watching, but was impressed how she hung in there and stuck it out after her boyfriend left her. I wound up liking her a lot because of it.
    Agreed. And it sounds like Morgan developed a whole new respect for her own single-parent mom after this whole experience. It was painfully obvious from the beginning that Morgan and her BF were not going to make it, but I was really proud of how she stuck it out.

This whole series started out for me as a train wreck, but I just couldn't stop watching. I think the culmination of the whole experience in the end with taking care of the elderly was such a great way to wrap up the experience. I'll admit, I cried when they said at the end that the one old man's wife died shortly after the filming was done.

It would be great if more teens could have an experience similar to this. I watched with my 12 year old daughter, and she even admitted to me that she never realized how hard it was to raise kids. I think anything like this that challenges kids to think in a new way is a good thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789