+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Baby Borrowers - NBC

Re: The Baby Borrowers - NBC

The toddler who cried constantly was obviously homesick and missing his mother. I think taking a child that age away from his parents and sticking him with complete strangers is terribly cruel. Sasha and Jordan did a pretty good job considering what they had to deal with. I remember, several years ago, my neighbors had a family emergency and had to leave their 1 year old with me for a day until another family member could get there to pick him up. He didn't know me that well and he wanted his mommy, so he cried and fussed literally all day. It was one of the longest days of my life and it took all my 30 some years of maturity and my years of mothering experience to remain calm. From what I saw, those kids did a fine job.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3122939;
    Alicea will be the type of wife who nags, doesn't work, goes clubbing with her girl friends and then be "shattered" when her husband has an affair and not know how it happened. Then divorce and they end up on Morry Povich because the husband doesn't believe the kids are his and Alicea and her mother attack hubby and beat him up before Morrie can get to him and he discovers that his brother is the actual father of the twins and the sell the trailer and split the proceeds and she gets a job at Dairy Queen and he gets a job as a x country trucker. (Damn I have to stop drinking coffee in the evening.....)
    I think you hit the nail on the head with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3123182;
    what the hell happened at the end with Sasha? There had to be more to that conversation that was edited out. she just went completely berzerk!
    I was wondering the exact same thing. It was very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3123192;
    The don't get the babies for 2 weeks. They get them for 3 days.
    That's still a bit too long imo, but it's a lot better than what I thought. I guess maybe it's two weeks total then for the entire experiment? Thanks.

FORT Fogey

This show is so NOT like real life. In fact it may be just a bit misleading. Last night after watching the toddler episode, I get in the shower and DH goes to bed.
    I get out of the shower, look around and wake DH with "Where are the PUGS?" (I left them on the bed w/DH). He looks around with one eye and says,
    "I don't know. Maybe the nanny intervened and has them". HAHA

Thank goodness the Pugs were fine. The little one was making a mess with his toys and the old one was in the snack cabinet searching for a treat.

Alicea did and 180 for this episode and so did Sasha. I was always taught to respect my elders and not be rude. She was awful. Can you imagine her going off on her boss if he/she critiqued her about her performance.

Morgan, I can tell is not making friends. She is very immature.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I tried to get my 15 year old son to watch this.... he said "mom, I have been living this show since the twins were born" (we had twins when he was 9 and our other son was 7). I always tell them, not only can you get ONE baby from having unprotected sex, you can get TWO. We didn't find out until I was 20 weeks I was having twins. They have seen it all... and were great helpers/ and sometimes ran for the hills when it got a little crazy. We try to laugh a lot.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take; but, by the moments that take our breath away.

I was kept flipping back and forth between SYTYCD and this show last night, but the teens didn't seem that bad. Except for the kid Alicia and her boyfriend had...And then when they were telling his mother about his behavior she tried to say he doesn't act that way with her, but then the kid comes downstairs and starts disrespecting her I just started laughing...Dayton left Morgan and went home so she had to care for the teen herself...It was so funny when Morgan snatched her teen up out of bed when she found out he helped TP the neighborhood...I felt bad for the teen who had Austin and Kelly cuz all the fighting they were doing and he had said he had just been through all that with his parents and then there eventual divorce...

I Enjoyed Jordan's reaction to the TP of the neighborhood. Now that was a true Parental reaction,lol.

FORT Regular

I thought it was funny when they told that Mother what her son did and she said it was there fault for letting him do it. And he turned around and said he does it at home too.

Kelly is one crazy woman when she is mad. I felt for Austin. They learned a lot about each other in this experiment.

Can't wait to see them with the older people. That will be hard, hope they realize those old people well be them in 50 years and have lives just like them.

FORT Fogey

Did anyone else think that the break-up scenarios seemed rather staged? The fights they had just didn't seem natural to me, and the way they pounced on "now it's like I'm a single mom" seemed rather contrived. And it was all a little coincedental that it would all happen just when their were kids there old enough to take care of themselves. It just seemed to me like the producers said "Okay, you two are going to break up, and you go home ... and you two will split, but both stay here".

Its not suprising that not one of these couples is still together...

+ Reply to Thread