+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Baby Borrowers - NBC

Re: The Baby Borrowers - NBC

I looked up their myspace and could only find Cory's, Alicea's, Morgan's and Sasha's.

The only couple that I know that is still together is Cory and Alicea. Morgan's says single and Sasha has lots of pics of a new dude. I'm not sure about Kelly and Austin or Kelsey and Sean. haven't found their myspaces.

Did anyone catch last night at the birthday party when one of the teens said that Morgan? changed the poopy diper but didn't wipe the baby off?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fogey

I saw that -- coming from her, it didn't surprise me at all.

I got totally hooked on this show last night - I watched the re-run of the babies, followed by the toddlers. I absolutely LOVE it! I think they've done a really nice job of making it entertaining, but also making it more of a growing experience than a way to exploit people in exchange for ratings.

I've gotta say - I did NOT like the mother of the toddler who cried non-stop AT ALL. Yes, the couple taking care of him had a hard time, and she was stressed out. But the way they responded was human. I've seen very very good mothers and fathers pushed to the point of exasperation over a child who would not stop crying. The way that she came in to lecture them as if they totally failed and her child was an angel ticked me off. I was kind of glad the poor girl went off on her. But I hope she doesn't follow through with her threats to leave.

what the hell happened at the end with Sasha? There had to be more to that conversation that was edited out. she just went completely berzerk!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3123182;
    what the hell happened at the end with Sasha? There had to be more to that conversation that was edited out. she just went completely berzerk!
    I blame that loon of a mother. Every time they showed her watching, I got the impression that she was kind of happy her kid was crying so much ... like she's a "no one can do this as well as I can" sort of woman. Sasha had a hard time with the kid, but most certainly didn't fail miserably -- after all, she was the one patient enough to get him to fall asleep when he first got there. The criticism we saw was unfounded, and like you said - there was likely more edited out.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3123180;
    II've gotta say - I did NOT like the mother of the toddler who cried non-stop AT ALL. Yes, the couple taking care of him had a hard time, and she was stressed out. But the way they responded was human. I've seen very very good mothers and fathers pushed to the point of exasperation over a child who would not stop crying. The way that she came in to lecture them as if they totally failed and her child was an angel ticked me off. I was kind of glad the poor girl went off on her. But I hope she doesn't follow through with her threats to leave.

That baby cried every waking moment! It was insane! I still feel like there was more to that conversation than they showed though, because even though the mom was kinda self-righteous, the way Sasha flipped out makes me think there was more that we were not shown.

Quote Originally Posted by LocaCola;3122812;
    ITA. I wonder why they had to have the babies 24/7 for two weeks? That seems like an awful long time for the babies to be separated from their parents.
    The don't get the babies for 2 weeks. They get them for 3 days.

I think Sasha's meltdown was due to her feeling so defensive. Her defenses were up because deep down, she knew she had failed. Just shows that she is not mature enough to procreate.

I looked up their myspace and could only find Cory's, Alicea's, Morgan's and Sasha's.

The only couple that I know that is still together is Cory and Alicea. Morgan's says single and Sasha has lots of pics of a new dude. I'm not sure about Kelly and Austin or Kelsey and Sean. haven't found their myspaces

Glad to see that - not in a mean way, but I really felt Jordan was much more mature than Sasha. He appears to be a really good guy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3123588;
    I think Sasha's meltdown was due to her feeling so defensive. Her defenses were up because deep down, she knew she had failed. Just shows that she is not mature enough to procreate.
    I disagree with that. I actually think Sasha is one of the most mature of all of the teens (not that I think any of them are mature enough to procreate at this point) and that is probably due to the time she's spent growing up caring for foster children. I think she was flat out exhausted and exasperated from a few days of dealing with a child non-stop ... but I can't think of a very mature adult fully ready for pro-creation who would not be exhausted by that. I don't see it as failure that the kid cried non-stop ... that happens with some kids. Rather, I think that she just did an average job with the toddler, after doing an outstanding job with the baby. I think that exhaustion played a major part in the blow up, but I think that the spark for the blow-up was frustration over the mother putting it all on them, rather than recognizing that her kid had a crappy few days.

I think the mom of the tot was just a little to smug and frankly she didn't look that much older than Sasha. A Tot will try the patience of a Saint. These Kids will be in a home once the Tweens arrive,lol.

+ Reply to Thread