+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Baby Borrowers - NBC

FORT Fogey

Re: The Baby Borrowers - NBC

Quote Originally Posted by east_coastie;3110393;
    Typically, these parents know these teens. I too was a teenage babysitter back in my day. But I knew the parents, and they knew they could trust me whether I had babysitting experience or not. They didn't just show up at my house one day and ask me to watch their kid. I wonder though, if these teens had a chance to meet the family and child before watching them. Anybody know?
    YES!

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3106233;

My parents live a few blocks north of the houses where the was filming took place. (The filming was in the "not as nice" area of Eagle). From what I understand, the neighbors were told it was a reality show, but not given the details. The story before the final out come was that a "unwed pregnant girl" would be living with a family...... .
    Since I heard bits and pieces of rumors and now seeing the final, I think the girls wore the bellies and interacted with the families and babies before getting them for the 3 days. That would make more sense then they just dumped them off with strangers.

I don't see what the problem is, I have a niece that is fifteen and she has after watching this show discovered that babies may be cute but not something she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3111192;
    I don't see what the problem is, I have a niece that is fifteen and she has after watching this show discovered that babies may be cute but not something she wants.
    I'm glad she was able to get the message. On the complete opposite end of the spectrum my boyfriend's 16 year old sister declared that she could do "soo much better" than the teens on this show. She wants to go on there with her boyfriend to prove that she could be a good mommy. Sadly, shes not quite as smart as your niece.

FORT Newbie

I know I am coming in a little late on this discussion, but did anyone else notice something funny in the little babies mouth that Daton and Morgan were watching. My husband taped the show for me and I saw what looked like one of those WagonWheel snacks in the babies mouth. This was the night that Morgan was trying to get the little boy (bi-racial) down for bed by rocking him in the rocking chair and wasn't having success. If you haven't seen it, it is very disturbing and I am trying to findout if I am seeing things. I rewinded it several times and it definetly looks like a WagonWheel snack. Scary!!!

I didn't notice anything....but I think the baby Daton and Morgan had is a girl. I'm excited for the next episode tonight!!!!!!!

FORT Regular

What time is this show? I watched Super Nanny tonight and a rerun at that! This sounds so interesting!

Ok I'm going to have to google wagonwheel snacks.

Ledhead it is on at 8pm central and they usually show the previous weeks episode at 7pm.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Regular

Thanks, I'll have to make a note of it and set up the VCR to tape just in case I forget it. I skipped a few pgs of posts here about this show trying to get to what time it's on. Do they show these teens with all the ages of the babies on one show, or is it young babies one week, the next week the toddlers, etc. And do they show just one couple at a time, or what? Maybe I should just wait and watch for myself. If it takes too long to explain, I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3083909;
    anyone know how old these teens are? I asked my 14 yo to watch with me and she asked..."Mom is this another attempt of yours to show me the horrors of teen pregnancy?" (she'll watch it later)
    All of them are either 18 or 19, according to their bios, which is odd, because the home page said they are 16-19 (??).

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3105940;
    Alicea has won honors as being the top bitch 2 episodes in a row. What in the world does her boyfriend find attractive about her??
    Good question. I'd like to know that, too. And I don't care how many nannies were there, I would not let Alicea babysit my child ever!

Quote Originally Posted by j_mado;3106167;
    I wonder what being handling to total strangers (even for a short period of time and under supervision) would do to the psychology of these babies. I don't like the idea... I believe the kids and the babies should be off-limits for reality tv shows.
    ITA. I wonder why they had to have the babies 24/7 for two weeks? That seems like an awful long time for the babies to be separated from their parents.

Also, I'm not sure if seeing how teens are struggling trying to care for babies on tv will have an impact on teenage pregnancies. Every high school nowadays has at least one pregnant teen or teen mom, and I'm sure most teens don't think being a teen parent is a cakewalk. They've heard the stories, they just think it will be different for them. I think it will benefit the teens involved more than anything.

Alicea will be the type of wife who nags, doesn't work, goes clubbing with her girl friends and then be "shattered" when her husband has an affair and not know how it happened. Then divorce and they end up on Morry Povich because the husband doesn't believe the kids are his and Alicea and her mother attack hubby and beat him up before Morrie can get to him and he discovers that his brother is the actual father of the twins and the sell the trailer and split the proceeds and she gets a job at Dairy Queen and he gets a job as a x country trucker. (Damn I have to stop drinking coffee in the evening.....)

+ Reply to Thread