+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Baby Borrowers - NBC

Re: The Baby Borrowers - NBC

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3098813;
    I think the toddlers are going to be harder for them. Toddlers aren't going to go for the cooing and cuddling. I can't wait to see what happens. I have a feeling the tots are more mature than some of these teens.lol
    On the other hand, I have found that when kids hit a certain age they tend to listen to strangers/babysitters "better" than their parents. With parents, little kids feel secure and are always challenging their boundaries to see how far they can go. I'm no child psychologist, but I think with strangers they are out of there element and do not feel free to challenge like they do when they are with their parents. I doubt these little kids will be with the teens long enough to develop that kind of relationship with them...

For this reason I'm still not sure that these teens will get a challenge with any age child that would be the equivalent to what they would experience as an actual parent. I have seen very young parents who make poor child-rearing choices when their children are babies and they end of paying for it with ongoing behavior issues - you really just have to watch an episode of Nanny 911 to see how hard it can be to undo poor parenting decisions (whether it was intentional or not). These are things that no teen is going to see from spending a few days with someone else's child. I initially thought this show sounded like a good idea, but I have come around to see that it just cannot compare to the real thing.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by east_coastie;3098861;
    Like that Kelly girl, who was really good at taking care of her "baby". And she admitted that it was easy and she got the hang out it. Surviving 3 days in a lavish house, were you don't have to work outside the home, with a baby who's real mom is watching your every move hardly makes you a candidate for being a parent. But that's just my opinion.
    exactly. i'd love to see how she reacts when her 18 month old falls against a playground toy, slices open their head and has to be rushed to the hospital for stitches. or when her 4 year old gets chicken pox. etc. etc. etc.

my first child was an accident, even though i was at least out of high school when i got pregnant. at first, i thought, okay i can do this, i've babysat kids before. boy, did i get a wakeup call!!! once i was home with my newborn son, i realize just how LITTLE i really knew about raising a child!!!

Raising kids is hard. And its not just dealing with babies that cry and changing poopy diapers. Its about stretching paychecks so that the baby can have formula, food, clothes, toys, etc. Its about paying rent, grocery shopping, car notes, utilities etc. I hope that this show touches on those realistic aspects. Just paying bills alone would probably stop most teens from wanting to be adults!

I'm watching this with my 19-year-old son and he's SO proud of the guys! I have to agree with him ... on the whole, the boys have stepped up!

Nice house or not, the kids are still learning the responsibility, emotions and cooperation that it takes to raise a family. I just howled when one of the girls whined when her guy came home from work and she said that all he did was be gone all day and have no stress. I told Dylan ... wait for it ... wait for it ... listen to what he's going to say, and sure enough, he snips back to the girl that she got to be home all day (with the wee one) and "do nothing!" Ah, how I remember THOSE days! LOL!

I also was tickled that 2 of the girls wanted to lay down and take a nap because they were so tired wearing the pregnancy belly ... HAHAHAHAAAAA! The real world approachth!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Wow, who would have thought that the guys would have done better than the girls. Only one of all the girls did a good job. Although it has always been said that girls mature faster than boys you could not tell from watching the rest of the females. Morgan (California surfer) and Alecea (spoiled bitch) at this point in time were both horrible little brats. Alcea has won honors as being the top bitch 2 episodes in a row. What in the world does her boyfriend find attractive about her??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I wonder what being handling to total strangers (even for a short period of time and under supervision) would do to the psychology of these babies. I don't like the idea... I believe the kids and the babies should be off-limits for reality tv shows.

Quote Originally Posted by j_mado;3106167;
    I wonder what being handling to total strangers (even for a short period of time and under supervision) would do to the psychology of these babies. I don't like the idea... I believe the kids and the babies should be off-limits for reality tv shows.
    How is it any different than putting kids in daycare everyday?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3106189;
    So true

My parents live a few blocks north of the houses where the was filming took place. (The filming was in the "not as nice" area of Eagle). From what I understand, the neighbors were told it was a reality show, but not given the details. The story before the final out come was that a "unwed pregnant girl" would be living with a family...... .
    Since I heard bits and pieces of rumors and now seeing the final, I wonder if the girls wore the bellies and interacted with the families and babies before getting them for the 3 days. That would make more sense then they just dumped them off with strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3106189;
    Hmm, let's see. People at daycare are actually trained people, and qualified for taking care of little kids. They will know what the babies/kids are going through with the separation from the parents, and will act accordingly.

I haven't thought about this kids/babies on reality tv before, until recently, when I started watching Jon and Kate plus six. Now seeing little kids who have no say in these matters on the tv screen really bothers me...

Quote Originally Posted by j_mado;3106769;
    Hmm, let's see. People at daycare are actually trained people, and qualified for taking care of little kids. They will know what the babies/kids are going through with the separation from the parents, and will act accordingly.

I haven't thought about this kids/babies on reality tv before, until recently, when I started watching Jon and Kate plus six. Now seeing little kids who have no say in these matters on the tv screen really bothers me...
    I have seen enough Judge Judy, People's Court and other judge shows, that have a lot of cases of either the babysitter or the parent suing the other party. I am not that impressed with the credentials that these people have. It's a minimum wage job for the daycare center employees, they can't be that well qualified else no one could afford daycare.

+ Reply to Thread