+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Baby Borrowers - NBC

Re: The Baby Borrowers - NBC

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3084760;
    I think if they want to show the horrors/realities that go along with teen pregnancy, they need to put these young couples in poorly furnished one bedroom apt. with paper thin walls where the neighbors TV keeps the baby awake.
    NOT nicely furnished, REALLY NICE homes in what could be considered a upper class neighborhood.
    I sincerely hope the kids are told what the budgets are: how much the mortgage and utilities are. I don't think they have a clue what housing and utilities cost as they are all still living at home.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3084760;
    I think if they want to show the horrors/realities that go along with teen pregnancy, they need to put these young couples in poorly furnished one bedroom apt. with paper thin walls where the neighbors TV keeps the baby awake.
    NOT nicely furnished, REALLY NICE homes in what could be considered a upper class neighborhood.
    Seriously, I thought something similar. I mean those houses are nicer than mine!

Must be nice, right?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3086411;
    Seriously, I thought something similar. I mean those houses are nicer than mine!
    those houses are nicer than ANYONE'S i know.

Those homes are your everyday average track homes that as someone stated probably under 200k unless they are located in California. In California an average home like those run in the 450-500k range.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3087071;
    Those homes are your everyday average track homes that as someone stated probably under 200k unless they are located in California. In California an average home like those run in the 450-500k range.
    Either way, you don't get a fully furnished home like those when you are a 17 yr old HS drop out/GED and have a 6 month old baby.

They are showing a repeat of the premiere tonight before the new episode. Just thougth I'd point that out to everyone.

ITA about the comments re: the houses these teens get to live in. I was thinking the same thing. Put them in a tiny 1 bedroom apartment with basic furnishings. Show them what they could afford if they had to live on the paychecks they would earn with a HS education.

Each teen that went to work brought home 100.00? Thats a bit unrealistic also. Even if they earned 10.00/hr, you would only bring home about 65.00.

Next week they get toddlers? I think they should get the toddlers in addition to an infant. Thats what happens with many of these teen couples - they have one, then add another shortly after. One child is relatively easy - two or more is a whole different ball game.

There was on old adage I heard - "One is none and two is ten!".

I think the toddlers are going to be harder for them. Toddlers aren't going to go for the cooing and cuddling. I can't wait to see what happens. I have a feeling the tots are more mature than some of these teens.lol

I went to the nbc.com message board to read what other viewers had to say about this show. I was a bit surprised to see that teens were posting on there saying they could do a better job than those on the show. Others were questioning why there is such a stigma against teen mothers because they did it at 16 and blah blah blah. This makes me wonder if this show is getting across the message that was intended? Or is it making teens want to have a baby more so they can prove themselves to be mature?

Like that Kelly girl, who was really good at taking care of her "baby". And she admitted that it was easy and she got the hang out it. Surviving 3 days in a lavish house, were you don't have to work outside the home, with a baby who's real mom is watching your every move hardly makes you a candidate for being a parent. But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by east_coastie;3098861;
    I went to the nbc.com message board to read what other viewers had to say about this show. I was a bit surprised to see that teens were posting on there saying they could do a better job than those on the show. Others were questioning why there is such a stigma against teen mothers because they did it at 16 and blah blah blah. This makes me wonder if this show is getting across the message that was intended? Or is it making teens want to have a baby more so they can prove themselves to be mature?

Like that Kelly girl, who was really good at taking care of her "baby". And she admitted that it was easy and she got the hang out it. Surviving 3 days in a lavish house, were you don't have to work outside the home, with a baby who's real mom is watching your every move hardly makes you a candidate for being a parent. But that's just my opinion.
    I reviewed this show in the new reality roundup section and wondered whether the experiment would leave watchung teens claiming they could do a better job.
    You've raised some of the same concerns I did in my review.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread