+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Baby Borrowers - NBC

Re: The Baby Borrowers - NBC

the parents of the kids are in a home on the same block. The real parents have a camera where they can witness the whole thing. I the parent feels they need to go to the home they do and a couple of them did. I thought it was a pretty good show. There is nothing like taking care of a real live, moving, squirming, crying baby to enforce the need for Birth control or just no sex.

How immature was that one girl who didn't want to wear the pregnancy suit?

They guys seemed to do better then most of the girls! I agree that one girl was a real whiner. I couldn't believe that she reacted like that. Oh yes, I can she is teenage girl with raging hormones! I'll give her credit, that they didn't show her any major faux pas with the baby. I think the african american couple are going to do the best. They seemed to have the best realtionship and worked together well.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bcarson;3081237;
    I think the african american couple are going to do the best. They seemed to have the best realtionship and worked together well.
    i would have agreed with you ... until the girl decided to cop an attitude and then refuse to pay attention to the baby.

the boyfriend who went to the baby care class by himself and wore the pregnancy suit? he must be a saint, to put up with her and to do what he's done so far by himself. at least he knows what following through on a commitment means. as for his girlfriend? she's so freaking high maintenance, he better RUN AWAY as fast as he can when this is over. when she DOES become a mother, the world will STILL revolve around her. and god forbid she gets FAT!

I caught a little bit of this show tonight on WE. What is up with the girl that was trying to feed the baby and then gave up and said "Fine, just starve to death then!". She had the nerve to get mad when the mom came in and explained to her that she couldn't just *not* feed the baby. That mom had a lot more patience than I do. If someone who was caring for my baby said that to my child, it would be on!

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3082947;
    i would have agreed with you ... until the girl decided to cop an attitude and then refuse to pay attention to the baby.
    If you are talking about the girl who told the baby "starve then", then you're confusing the AA couple with the hispanic (?) couple. The AA couple have been doing excellent so far (that we've been shown).
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

anyone know how old these teens are? I asked my 14 yo to watch with me and she asked..."Mom is this another attempt of yours to show me the horrors of teen pregnancy?" (she'll watch it later)
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

^ We were never told how old the teens were, which bugged me. I'm guessing around 16-17.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3083816;
    If you are talking about the girl who told the baby "starve then", then you're confusing the AA couple with the hispanic (?) couple. The AA couple have been doing excellent so far (that we've been shown).
    i stand corrected i checked the site and i see the difference...it was aliceia that i was talking about. for some reason i didn't realize she was hispanic.

Hey everyone, you can read Fluff's review of The Baby Borrowers right here. More shows and review madness to come!

FORT Fogey

I think if they want to show the horrors/realities that go along with teen pregnancy, they need to put these young couples in poorly furnished one bedroom apt. with paper thin walls where the neighbors TV keeps the baby awake.
    NOT nicely furnished, REALLY NICE homes in what could be considered a upper class neighborhood.

+ Reply to Thread