+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alaska Experiment

Re: Alaska Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3045262;
    I enjoyed this show, the sniping at each other got irritating sometimes but I loved the experiment. I have grown up with guns and eating what we hunt and have no moral objection at all to the hunting we've seen on this show, as long as you follow the guidelines of your state. I do have a problem with those that kill illegally. I'd rather excess deer/turkey/etc. provide food for families than to die of starvation and go to waste.

I enjoyed learning more about the extremes where they stayed, and how a 10 mile hike wasn't the same as a 10 mile hike in the lower 48 states. I'm looking forward to the reunion episode this Wednesday.
    But that's just the problem. Animals have to be killed for the entertainment of a TV audience. And, unless people are starving, the excuse of we eat what we slaughter just doesn't play. Go to a grocery store and get all the Meat you want (All right kids, who thinks the griping writer of this comment is a vegetarian?????) lol

I kept forgetting when this show was on, so I missed most of it. Maybe I'll look for a weekend marathon when I can catch the whole thing...
    However, I think I would get quickly annoyed with the complainers. If you don't like being cold, then you shouldn't volunteer for a survival show in Alaska in the winter!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3045772;
    I kept forgetting when this show was on, so I missed most of it. Maybe I'll look for a weekend marathon when I can catch the whole thing...
    However, I think I would get quickly annoyed with the complainers. If you don't like being cold, then you shouldn't volunteer for a survival show in Alaska in the winter!!
    I don't know why people constantly bring this up. But here you have four teams that have volunteered to be placed in an extreme environment for 3 months with a very real possibility of being hurt. They have no TV, no phones, no radios, no running water, no electricity, no toilets. They have to provide their own transporatation (feet) and use their bodies to provide food and heat. They probably don't have the social skills to be able to entertain themselves and not kill each other in such a close environment. They probably have never had to spend that much time together either. Do you honestly think there would not be any complaining? If it bothers you so much don't watch. Put in that situation anyone would complain, especially when you don't really know how to survive in that environment and don't have the skill set. What I like to watch is how a person overcomes a situation like that regardless if they are bitching or not. You aren't human if you don't occasionally bitch.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

There is a reunion show on this week.

The Discovery Channel is casting for season II of the Alaska Experiment, here is the url if you are interested: Alaska Experiment : Get on Show : Discovery Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3050178;
    The Discovery Channel is casting for season II of the Alaska Experiment, here is the url if you are interested: Alaska Experiment : Get on Show : Discovery Channel
    I love to watch it, but I'd be completely terrified to actually do it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

There are diaries posted on the official website (under meet the volunteers) that are more interesting than what they showed. They go into things they made to furnish their cabins and make things more comfortable, more about what they had to eat, how often they saw production crews and wilderness guides--- I really like reading about how to construct a bed out of driftwood and stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12