+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Mole 3.0

Re: The Mole!!!!

Forgot all about that show. I like it, too.
    I'd check ABC or else, google it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I don't think it's coming back.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I got all excited when I saw a thread for this *sigh* I loved this show and wish it had been given a better chance. The last season wasn't anything close to the original (and Anderson Cooper is hard to replace). But I'd taken it in any context just to have it back. Even another Z-list celeb edition that has another model as the mole and Stephen Baldwin back for the 3rd time.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3960703;
    I got all excited when I saw a thread for this *sigh* I loved this show and wish it had been given a better chance. The last season wasn't anything close to the original (and Anderson Cooper is hard to replace). But I'd taken it in any context just to have it back. Even another Z-list celeb edition that has another model as the mole and Stephen Baldwin back for the 3rd time.
    I did too!

I've accepted that it probably won't be coming back anytime soon, most likely never. I agree that Anderson was irreplaceable, but I thought Jon was a good substitute. The last season was decent IMO. But it had a horrible timeslot, and I rarely saw the show advertised. I guess we should be happy that we even got a 5th season.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Re: The Mole 3.0

I LOVED the Mole. Especially the non-celebrity seasons and the ones with Anderson Cooper. (Remember - was it season 1? when thay had the challenge with wine glasses on a tray and he showed them how he did it when he worked as a waiter? I didn't even know who he was then but he was intriguing.) The show was a little over my head trying to figure it all out - I would be the first person eliminated if I were to have to take a quiz - and that's probably why it wasn't more successful. I can enjoy a show like that even though I can't figure out all the clues. I think a lot of people would prefer their entertainment to be lighter and less cerebral.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I would, too And if I was the mole, I'd accidentally let the cat out of the bag day 1. I think I'd be a better BB contestant, just because there's nothing overly physical about the game, no hardships living on an island, no facing your fears like bungee jumping or driving a stick shift in a foreign country. But I loved the show. I used to love Anderson interacting with the contestants all the time. Probably one of my favorite challenges ever was during season 2, the guy who had to sleep in a room with the song "Tiny Bubbles" playing all night full blast, and the remaining contestants ended up in sleeping bags and slept comfortably

I doubt it'll be back, unless ABC needs a filler or another network picks it up. The last season I don't think did well, and it didn't get a lot of promotion.

^I remember that challenge! The guy who ended up being The Mole assigned people to their tasks-one of them had to be in a completely dark room with a 12-foot snake, one of them had to be in a cage with spiders, and then...Tiny Bubbles.

I want the show to come back as well, if for no other reason than the fact that it was intelligent reality TV. I'm not into watching people stripping and getting drunk-I liked being challenged, which is what a lot of TV is lacking.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by nanaslbkp;3960657;
    Hello...does anyone know if The Mole is showing any time soon? Where do I go to find out? Thanks a million!
    Well, if you understand Dutch, the version in the Netherlands is still being produced (they're apparently up to about their 11th season). Otherwise? You're kind of out of luck.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Since you mentioned international version, Krom, I would suggest watching the Australian version of the show. You can find it on YouTube. They had 5 seasons, 3 of which I've seen online. I would recommend the 3rd season the most, it's fantastic. The 1st version is also pretty good. The 2nd season... it's not bad, but the other two are much better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345