+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Can You Duet?

Re: Can You Duet?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3607446;
    Except they've shown them kissing a couple of times, just a quick peck on the lips but a kiss. It's just all so very odd.

Megan blew me away when she sang the last week. I didn't see that coming! Just wow.

Rory and Joey. They were nominated for a CMA. That's one that America got way wrong. They should have won. I think America voted for the winner, right?
    I am doing something else while watching the show so I must have missed the kisses... hum.. interesting.

I don't remember to be honest. Hum.. it just goes to show that the winner isn't necessarily the best.

I just watched last nights show. It was a great episode! I didn't envy the judges having to make the decision to send a duet home... that was a hard choice but they did make the best choice.

I don't agree.

Ryan and Avalon should have gone home. They were told last week to do something up tempo, that the judges were bored with the constant slow sad ballads and wanted to see if they could do something different. They promised they would, they didn't do it. They should have gone home.

JBRocket should have gone home. They flat out stole that song and even Big Kenny sort of called them on not being original. I can't for the life of me place it but I know I've heard the music and the sound of the lyrics before. The lyrics themselves are somewhat different but the music is very similar to something else I've already heard. It's like whichever of them wrote it heard the song on the radio and changed the music a tiny little bit and added some new words. He ripped it off. I just have to remember the name of the song.

Once again Steel Magnolia blew me away! I want to buy their CD now! I will buy The Stellas as well.

Anybody else finds it funny that Rory and Joey are all over this show and the winners, Caitlyn and Will are nowhere to be found? They'll probably show up for the finale, but I still find it funny. The judges and show have made it very clear who they wanted to win last season. I think they even took the fan vote away because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3607270;

I think the guy from Stell Magnolia is married and never dated the chick that sings with him. I honestly think they feel uncomfortable b/c one of them is married and the other isn't. I don't know if I'd like my husband singing with another women that is single every day all day long. She has a great voice but something about her I'm not fond of.
    The official blurb on these two singers is that they've been dating for 3 or 4 years. If Josh is married, he won't be much longer.

I can't believe they kept Ryan & Avalon and sent The Stellas home, that was so wrong.
    Scott B. must be in love with Avalon or something, she is not all that. She and Ryan have zero chemistry together, yet Scott keeps saving them week after week. I will scream if they actually win this thing!

It should have been The Stellas and Steel Magnolia in the final 2.

They finally sent home Ryan & Avalon...about time. JBRocket did great Saturday night but I think the winners have declared for weeks now... Steel Magnolia. I like them but something about her I don't like.. not sure what it is. I didn't realize they were dating.. I got him mixed up with someone else when I said he was married..sorry.

Does anyone know if the viewers will be voting for the winner this season?

Hooray! Avalon finally got sent home, she overstayed her welcome. I bet that Scott B. and Big Machine Records will eventually sign her since he seems to be infatuated with her.

I think Steel Magnolia will win, and it has been set up all along for a win by them.

FORT Fan

I watched last year and only caught this year's show on a day they were showing a bunch of episodes in a row. I listened to what I could through I-tunes and youtube of Will and Caitlin's releases (without buying) because I loved them last year and wanted them to win. All I can say is what happened? They sound the way that they did at the beginning of their season, not the end. Whoever produced them just didn't do them justice and, IMO, over produced them. Will and Caitlin had found a way to make their different styles work and it seemed to me that the producers in trying to get their voices to blend more into traditional duo harmonies lost the specialness that earned Will and Caitlin last year's win. Rory and Joey had developed their own style and harmonization over time, and had a definite concept of who they were as a duo. While Rory and Joey have more talent in their little fingers than I have in my entire body, I wouldn't pay money to hear their music. If Caitlin and Will had managed to keep the style and sound they developed by the end of the show last year, then I would have paid money to hear their music. The CD they did just didn't have that wow factor.

Just what I thought.. Steel Magnolia won. I knew from day one. I still don't like something about them and I liked JB Rocket better but it wasn't my choice. I do think JB Rocket will go far though. I think they are more mainstream Country than Steel Magnolia, which I didn't think their first song was country at all.

I love Steel Magnolia and can't wait to get my hands on their first CD. I think they will go very far and I really liked finally seeing that connection between them off the stage that they have had on stage all season long.

I am thrilled with who won and seeing Will/Caitlyn again re-confirmed for me how much I disliked their win last season. There is nothing special there, I don't like their voices together at all and wanted Rory/Joey to win. At least this season the ones I loved from day one got it.

YAY!

Just wish the Stella's had been there right beside them since I never warmed up to JB Rocket. Can't stand them actually and I think their name is ridiculous. Although I did like their original song, it was more original than the last one that was a flat out copy of a song already on the radio.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast