+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Can You Duet?

Re: Can You Duet?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3543677;
    My one problem with this format is that if they continued to have the couples singing one week and the singles singing the next, they will lose a good couple and keep some poor singles. As a whole the singles are much weaker and I'm worried that after the O'Shea's are gone they will send home either The Stellas or Steel Magnolia while keeping a much weaker single. They need to bring them all back together to prevent that from happening.
    I thought they would all perform next week? It doesn't make any sense to just have 3 duets each week.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I am watching this show too! So there are 3 of us now .

Next week I think all 6 duos perform and 1 will get sent packing. The first two episodes they were split into original duos and newly formed duos.

My favorites are The Stellas!! Love them! I love the whole retro vibe they have going on. Stellas FTW . I also like Steel Magnolias too, they are my second favorite.

I have agreed with the judges picks of who moves on and who gets cut for the most part, I was a little surprised that they cut Memarie and Kassie though. I really like Matt so am glad that he & Keeira made it through.

That Holly witch who was paired up with Abby was a real piece of work, I felt bad for Abby geting stuck with her. What an attitude that one had.

Premium Member

Make that 4. I wasn't a Stellas fan at first, but they won me over. I like all 3 duos. Did Abby make it through? I haven't watched that one yet.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i managed to catch an episode this weekend ... i don't know who is who yet, but i really liked the couple where the woman was in the white dress and the guy played the guitar. i think she had a very quietly sensitive voice that i would probably listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3544198;
    I watched it on CMT last night at 8:00 PM. Is that a replay of the 1:00 one, or is it on different times in different markets?
    I have no idea if it's on different times in different markets. My DVR picks it up at 1pm on Saturdays. Awful time period!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3544416;
    Make that 4. I wasn't a Stellas fan at first, but they won me over. I like all 3 duos. Did Abby make it through? I haven't watched that one yet.
    No, she was cut because she sang with this total witch...Holly who refused to harmonize and made it all about her. She oversang and kept screaming over Abby so she was in the spotlight. She got them both sent home for acting like a solo. I really liked Abby so I felt so bad for her.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3544507;
    ... i really liked the couple where the woman was in the white dress and the guy played the guitar. i think she had a very quietly sensitive voice that i would probably listen to.
    My husband really liked her too. He's very into OLD western and said she reminds him of all the girls that used to sing with somebody or other Porter (the guy who used to sing with Dolly Parton). To me she has a very weak voice and I don't see her ever doing anything other than radio. Plus they both are very boring. But he really liked them. Her name was Avalon and I can't remember his.

I'm glad to hear that next week it will be all of them singing because I was worried the only two couples I really liked and would right now buy their music would get sent home because of the splitting.

My husband said that Steel Magnolia and the last singles to sing, Keeira and Matt gave him goose bumps. I think he was just fascinated with her dress (HA!). I thought they were the best of the singles but not that good. They do have potential though.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3545747;

My husband really liked her too. He's very into OLD western and said she reminds him of all the girls that used to sing with somebody or other Porter (the guy who used to sing with Dolly Parton). To me she has a very weak voice and I don't see her ever doing anything other than radio. Plus they both are very boring. But he really liked them. Her name was Avalon and I can't remember his.
    That would be Porter Wagoner you are thinking of that sang with Dolly.

Wasn't the guy who sang with Avalon named Ryan?

OK...I'm a fan but didn't realize there was a thread for it! Yipee!!!

I am watching Saturdays show now.

Don't know who my favorite is though.... can't decide for some reason.. it's like one week duet A is the best and like them the most the next week it's a different duet...

I think Steel Magnolia has consistently been the best every single week. However. There is something very odd about them off the stage that is off putting. It's like they have broken up and she's still very into him and hurt by it and he's uncomfortable about the whole thing. Also, he wears what looks like a wedding band. Check out his left hand, it's always there. There is just some very odd dynamics that makes me feel uncomfortable watching them interact off the stage.

The Stellas are just the coolest and I love them and their girls off the stage but they keep having mis-steps. Other than that first week, I've yet to love anything they've done.

JBRocket (or whatever they are calling themselves) are not as good as the judges keep claiming and I will be very peeved if they wind up winning. They and Ryan/Avalon should not be anywhere near the final 2 and yet there they are....very close to winning.....when Steel Magnolia and The Stellas are so much better. But I can see the judges keeping one of those forced duos around just so they can claim once again how awesome they are at pairing up duos because it worked soooo well for Caitlyn and Will (are they even still together? You here nothing about them other than they put a CD out).

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3606422;
    I think Steel Magnolia has consistently been the best every single week. However. There is something very odd about them off the stage that is off putting. It's like they have broken up and she's still very into him and hurt by it and he's uncomfortable about the whole thing. Also, he wears what looks like a wedding band. Check out his left hand, it's always there. There is just some very odd dynamics that makes me feel uncomfortable watching them interact off the stage.

The Stellas are just the coolest and I love them and their girls off the stage but they keep having mis-steps. Other than that first week, I've yet to love anything they've done.

JBRocket (or whatever they are calling themselves) are not as good as the judges keep claiming and I will be very peeved if they wind up winning. They and Ryan/Avalon should not be anywhere near the final 2 and yet there they are....very close to winning.....when Steel Magnolia and The Stellas are so much better. But I can see the judges keeping one of those forced duos around just so they can claim once again how awesome they are at pairing up duos because it worked soooo well for Caitlyn and Will (are they even still together? You here nothing about them other than they put a CD out).

I think the guy from Stell Magnolia is married and never dated the chick that sings with him. I honestly think they feel uncomfortable b/c one of them is married and the other isn't. I don't know if I'd like my husband singing with another women that is single every day all day long. She has a great voice but something about her I'm not fond of.

I had wondered about Caitlyn and Will. I did hear Rory and ?? on the radio the other day. But I haven't heard anything about Caitlyn and Will.. hum....

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3607270;

I think the guy from Stell Magnolia is married and never dated the chick that sings with him. I honestly think they feel uncomfortable b/c one of them is married and the other isn't. I don't know if I'd like my husband singing with another women that is single every day all day long. She has a great voice but something about her I'm not fond of.

I had wondered about Caitlyn and Will. I did hear Rory and ?? on the radio the other day. But I haven't heard anything about Caitlyn and Will.. hum....
    Except they've shown them kissing a couple of times, just a quick peck on the lips but a kiss. It's just all so very odd.

Megan blew me away when she sang the last week. I didn't see that coming! Just wow.

Rory and Joey. They were nominated for a CMA. That's one that America got way wrong. They should have won. I think America voted for the winner, right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast