+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Can You Duet?

Re: Can You Duet?

I was just disgusted that C & W won this. I would have been fine with either of the other two finalists. I will concede that C & W sound good together in SOME songs, but they are UNWATCHABLE! I can't stand to look at either one of them and there is no makeover in the world that can solve that problem. I believe that they won because the 3 judges wanted to say that they are responsible for their pairing in the VERY off chance that they have some minor success. That is pathetic.

Naomi couldn't resist one last jab at the blonds. She is unbelievable.

I have real problems with both Naomi and Amy as judges. Bret just looks horrible with that hairdo. Naomi and Amy seem to base their comments and decisions on the dumbest and most unfair reasoning imaginable.

Anybody catch the premiere of the new season? It was interesting. I wish they had gotten rid of Naomi, she was my least favorite judge.

I thought some of these duos were really good. Don't know their names just yet, I really liked the country/bike dou (guy with the earrings and red shirt/girl with the dark hair and black clothing) and I loved the vibe of the Australian couple.

Felt bad for poor Abby and couldn't help but laugh when Leith was shown the door. Good!

I had wondered what happened to Caitlyn and Will since I never really thought they gelded as a duo and was surprised to see that they had actually put a CD out.

Yay for Rory and Joey getting an ACM nomination for Top Vocal Duo (I wanted them to win last season....).

DBerk: In the season premiere they showed that the Blondes, Rory & Joey as got contracts so....take that Naomi! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3515798;
    Anybody catch the premiere of the new season? It was interesting. I wish they had gotten rid of Naomi, she was my least favorite judge.
    Naomi drives me nuts, I was not happy to see her come back as "head judge". Bleh...
    I think the record exec guy should be the head judge since it is his record label that will be representing the winning duo, but I bet that Naomi will still have more pull. Big Kenny seemed sober and sensible for last week's show, hopefully that will last.

I liked the Austrialian couple too, they had an interesting sound, I also liked the other married couple from Canada.

One of the girls who made it through as a single is Kassie Miller. She won the CMT show Search for the Ultimate Coyote Ugly several years ago.

FORT Fan

Didn't watch the first season because I didn't get CMT where I used to live, but I'm finding this season interesting. I don't really understand the logic behind showing up as a single and trying to find someone to connect with at the auditions. Yeah, you may sound good together, but will you be able to collaborate/travel together?

Some of the auditions were hilarious. I laughed all the way through the father/son who sang the dirty song. But I thought the judges were way off base in some instances. I don't really understand why they cut Leith (poor guy....I think he got the bad guy edit when he was just being honest in saying that he'd rather sing with another guy because that was where he was more comfortable) I think he's a fantastic talent and has a great personality...will be looking for him on country radio in the future.

As for the judges....Borchetta, great. Naomi, not so much. Big Kenny, great. I will say this, I'm not a fan of Big and Rich, but Big Kenny is a stand up guy. I've never heard of him having a reputation for being out of control drunk (I think that's more John Rich) or causing trouble. In fact, I met him while on vacation a few years ago in the Virgin Islands. He was very warm, incredibly articulate, and generous. I was in a beachside bar for lunch and he came in and bought everyone a round, left a HUGE tip for the woman who owned the place, talked to everyone, and even offered to set one girl (who lived in Nashville and attended Belmont) up with an internship when she got back to Tennessee. I've met a lot of country singers, and while they all tend to be very caring, Big Kenny definitely stands out as one of the nicest. I think he'll bring a lot to this show.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3515798;

I thought some of these duos were really good. Don't know their names just yet, I really liked the country/bike dou (guy with the earrings and red shirt/girl with the dark hair and black clothing) and I loved the vibe of the Australian couple.

Felt bad for poor Abby and couldn't help but laugh when Leith was shown the door. Good!

I had wondered what happened to Caitlyn and Will since I never really thought they gelded as a duo and was surprised to see that they had actually put a CD out.

Yay for Rory and Joey getting an ACM nomination for Top Vocal Duo (I wanted them to win last season....).

DBerk: In the season premiere they showed that the Blondes, Rory & Joey as got contracts so....take that Naomi! LOL
    I'm so excited this is on again! I wasn't a big Caitlin & Will fan, I wanted Rory & Joey to win too, but I love them now and have downloaded most of their music. Still love R & J as well.

I hope Abby makes it far, loved her voice and hope they find her a great partner. It was quite satisfying watching Leith get the boot after the way he treated Abby.

Love Kenny as a judge so far, I couldn't warm up to the guy from last season, all I remember about him was how he couldn't keep the hair of his face.

Kenny is Big right? Ok he seriously grossed me out when he kept lifting his arm up and was clearly sweating so much that his suit jacket had a massive sweat ring. I actually felt sorry for Naomi having to sit next to that and I never thought I'd feel sorry for that catty witch.

Anybody see the new episode? I just found it recorded on my DVR today. Guess it aired sometime this afternoon. Won't tell you who got sent home just in case ya'll haven't watched it but let me say I was not at all surprised and the right ones went. The singles get paired up and will perform next week. It was all about the original duos this week.

The Stellas....give them the contract already! I *HEART* this couple and want them to win win win or at least get a contract so I can win by getting their music.

Steel Magnolia.....love them too, however, there is such a weird vibe there. Are they a couple or not? Why the coy act? Either say you are or aren't. They are smoking hot together on stage but off stage? Not so much and a very off vibe between them when they aren't performing. I'm thinking they are recently broken up and don't want that getting out in case it ruins their chances at winning.

So for me, right now without seeing the singles and their new partners, the competition is about these two. Then there is this massive gap and we have....

The O'Sheas. I don't think they are country. Just like Caitlyn wasn't country. But guess that doesn't matter these days. I like these two but they are not country. Still very solid singers.

Another massive gap and we have the final two original couples who got almost no screen time. Matter of fact when they announced them? I was like who the heck are these guys and where did they come from?

The singles. Abby is the only one I care about right now, oh and cute as can be girl with the blond'ish curls who wore that great black dress and sang with that guy who auditioned with his cousin who was at least 3 feet shorter than him (LOL). The rest of the singles are meh for me based off the first episode.

And for those of us who can't stand Naomi? It just gets better and better. GAH, how can she possibly be so unlikeable? I just don't get it.

Oh and Rory/Joey were in the audience *YAY* lots of cute little shots of them hugging and doing their thing. I'm excited that we have two original duos that have the great chemistry these guys had.

I watched yesterday's two shows, I guess the last of the auditions and the first show of the competition. I love the couple from Canada, I'd buy that record right now. It will be interesting to see the singles paired up next week if I manage to remember it's on and get a chance to watch it. Sounds like there's some really good talent this season.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

For not winning The Next Great American Band, Six Wire sure is everywhere! They are the house band for this show and I just love them. They should have won that show they were on. It's a game of mine when watching this show, spot the band lol.

Rewatched the show today and Steel Magnolia and The Stellas just have it. I think The Stellas are a bit above Steel Magnolia only because they seem more country to me and I just love their whole cool vibe.

I think I'm the only one watching this show which is really kind of sad because there are a couple of really good singers on it. It doesn't help that CMT has chosen to bury this show on Saturdays at 1pm! Who does that? No wonder it barely has a following.

Steel Magnoli and The Stellas are still miles above the rest of the groups on here. They had the singles singing yesterday and for the most part they were utter train wrecks. Abby and Kassie were sent home today along with the partners they were paired up with. I felt bad for Abby because I feel her partner completely sabotaged her by refusing to sing as a duo and acting like she was a single performer up there. She kept over singing and screaming to be heard over Abby....much like they do on AI during a group sing.

The only singles who were any good, IMO, were Keeira and Matt, the last two to perform. Ironically enough they were also the ones that nobody wanted to sing with and yet they were the best.

My one problem with this format is that if they continued to have the couples singing one week and the singles singing the next, they will lose a good couple and keep some poor singles. As a whole the singles are much weaker and I'm worried that after the O'Shea's are gone they will send home either The Stellas or Steel Magnolia while keeping a much weaker single. They need to bring them all back together to prevent that from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3543677;
    I think I'm the only one watching this show which is really kind of sad because there are a couple of really good singers on it. It doesn't help that CMT has chosen to bury this show on Saturdays at 1pm! Who does that? No wonder it barely has a following.
    I watched it on CMT last night at 8:00 PM. Is that a replay of the 1:00 one, or is it on different times in different markets?
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast