+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Can You Duet?

Re: Can You Duet?

Joey is the girl, right? I really like them BUT.....and I hate to say this....she really doesn't have that good of a voice. Out of all the duos on this show, they are my favorite but others have better voices.

Naomi has always been a bitter, vindictive, old hag....I'd add slimey scum bag to it too because she gives me the creeps the way she ogles and makes inappropriate comments and gestures towards the male contestants. Should have seen her on Nashville Star. She was just as bad.

Coppolaownage. My girls kicked ass tonight.

Just watch, then week they win Amy back over, but Bret hates them. Then on the second part of the finale, they finally break through and get all three of them on their side. This show has been setting them up to win from beginning <3

Works with me. I personally love how hot young blondes are just taking over country music <3

Next week either Caitlin and Will or Joey & Rory will be sent home. That way they will have the final 3 duos being 2 guys, 2girls, and 1 guy / 1 girl duo.

It will either be the Coppolas or Joey & Rory that win. It will depend upon whether TPTB want a traditional June / Johnny type in country music, or if they want another generic, young blond group to join all the other generic, young blond singers that already are out there.

I did not care for the fashion make-over for Joey & Rory, although the other groups looked much better after their little make-overs.

Both Brownell and Richey were on "The One", a reality music show on ABC several years back. It got yanked after 2 or 3episodes. Syesha Mercado (AI) was also on that show.

I can't believe Amy and Naomi gave that cow and beady-eyed hillbilly another tougue bath this week. Thank goodness that Bret was the voice of reason to point out that their harmony was crap, which was obvious even if you aren't a vocal coach. I can't listen to that song they sang without picturing the video and making the obvious comparisons which do them no favors. They did manage to get across the fact that they don't like each other again.

Then we find out that Naomi reads the boards and found out that she is being correctly viewed as a bitter, vindictive old hag so she is forced to throw the blonds a bone, but only after she runs through the list of insults she has thrown at them before. Then Amy shows her lack of professionalism but superior name dropping, by refusing to send them through to next week's show, because they "didn't make her cry like Faith did." If Faith is her BFF, they probably discussed the meaning behind the song and Faith's emotions in relation to it. Of course there will be more of an emotional attachment under those conditions. Just blow your nose and do your job, Amy.

If the decision is truly in the hands of the judges, Joey & Rory will win this, but I'm not sure how marketable they will be no matter how much eye candy Rory supplies.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3042009;
    Joey is the girl, right? I really like them BUT.....and I hate to say this....she really doesn't have that good of a voice. Out of all the duos on this show, they are my favorite but others have better voices.
    Right, Joey is the girl - it took me awhile to figure that out. I agree that others do have better voices, but I like what these two are doing with what they have. I think part of the reason it took me awhile with them was that Rory in his overalls was just too "Hee Haw" for me, and it was hard to take them seriously. I'm almost afraid to see their makeovers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000
    Naomi has always been a bitter, vindictive, old hag....I'd add slimey scum bag to it too because she gives me the creeps the way she ogles and makes inappropriate comments and gestures towards the male contestants. Should have seen her on Nashville Star. She was just as bad.
    That week when she make that pucker face (especially since her face doesn't really move) and grabby hands gesture to David Oakleaf just about made me sick. She's the one who needs a makeover, she needs to lose that harsh haircolor and makeup. It just makes her look more haggard, and it's bad enough that she looks like her whole entire face is about to slide off.

Joey/Rory will flop because they aren't marketable.

I think Naomi will go for Joey/Rory to win. She has made it clear she loves traditional country. Bret have been in the Copollas corner all season. Amy will decide who wins.

This would be really tough for me if I was a judge. There is a lot of talent there. I like and dislike things about each group.

Brownell and Richey, not very country , I wish they would realize they are on a country music show. But man are they some eye candy! I love that look Nick gives that Brett was complaining about. Jeremiah's voice is awesome.

Caitlin and Will. I am not seeing what everyone says about them not liking each other. I think Will just seems a little shy. He was there with a family member and split. I think that makes a difference. Each week I see more and more chemistry. They could be a little more country as well. Caitlin's voice rocked it this week!

The Coppolas, are pretty girls. I feel some of what Naomi is saying to them. But she could go about it a little better. Every week until this week. They sing the same kind of song, and sounded the same way. They have great voices, just not a lot of variety. They do need to find something to make there more marketable and stand out.

Joey and Rory. I think she has a great voice but does Rory? We rarely hear him. It's called Can you Duet? I think he can certainly right music. I do like there traditional country. The overalls would have to go at some point though.

So I don't have a clear fave. I do think it's between Brownell and Richey and Caitlin and Will.

FORT Newbie

I don't really a have a favourite either, they're all talented but all have faults, would be very difficult to decide.

I wasn't happy with Caitlin and Will winning. They are extremely obvious about the fact that they don't like each other and I thought the purpose of this show was to find the next great country DUO. Not the next great ex-duo who are now solo's. They come off as two solo singers who are being forced to sing together and record an album. I like them individually but I don't think they should have won.

As much as I hate the cocky arrogance of Brownell and Richey....they should have won. That last song they sang? The one from Sony? I could hear that playing on the radio, I would want to buy that song. I didn't feel that way about the song that Caitlin/Will sang. I actually thought it was a mess and Will came off as a back up singer on it.

I still don't see the "dislike" between Will and Cait. He has a fiancee, and I think it took him sometime to get used to the idea of a female partner. He had already sang with males. Plus, they have only knew each other for 5 weeks. Will seems like a shy person to me. I do agree though that she overpowered him on that last song.

But the first two songs of the night. They brought there A game. Dang the other contestants even gave them a standing ovation. Rory even commented on it. You could tell by the look on the judges faces after the first performance who won.

I did like B&R as well. But Nick just isn't equal to Jeremiah. He can wail on that guitar but that is what his singing sounds like at times to. I think they screwed up by not keeping Jeremiah as lead. They mess up when he is not.

I don't think there were any real losers here. I think we will see several of these groups again. C&W just happen to be the best last night.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast