+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Can You Duet?

Re: Can You Duet?

I've read that the reason he has his hair like that is because he lost an eye due to cancer and he is very self-conscious about it.

What did you guys think of last weeks show? Rory and Joey were such a let down and I really loved them at first so was Wild Honey. The one's I am totally digging right now are LB and Oakleaf (I think that's their names) and the girl with the black hair and white streak although I get the feeling that she and her partner do NOT get a long at all. None of the others are making enough of an impression on me yet to remember their names.

I really like this show but it does irk me to no end whenever they mention that Naomi isn't a judge, huh, I remember her on Nashville Star so try again there sweetheart *rolls eyes*

*crickets*

I think I'm the only one watching this over here but if anybody else is....the house band? Isn't that Six Wire from America's Next Great Band? I recognize the guy on guitar because he reminded me of Josh Holloway. Also, the female violinist, she was on Rockstar, right?

Premium Member

Hubby is once again watching Nash Bridges re-runs so I'll have to watch it later. I'm a week behind so I haven't seen last week's either. This time slot isn't the best.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

I didn't even realize this show existed until I saw the thread title pop up while searching new posts.

I'm going to check this puppy out.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

It's really good but I'm afraid after visiting various boards that the viewership just isn't there and it may be the only season for it. The judges (not Naomi) are different than most on these types of shows because they actually know what they are doing and actually help the contestants out during the work shops. I LOVE Rory and Joey and I normally don't like that traditional country sound but they have such a lovely dynamic and sound.

AND....it is confirmed....if anybody watched America's Next Great Band? That IS the runners-up, Six Wire acting as the house band. They are amazing and really wish they would show them more.

I loathe Brownell and Richey. They are such arrogant jerks, I want them gone in the worst way possible.

I sort of like Caitlynn and Will but they seem to have an active dislike of one another off camera.

This episode was odd for me because I didn't really agree with the judges on quiet a few acts. I thought the two (Chris and Nathan) that got sent home actually did better than most of the others and that the Coppola's did a great job (Naomi hates them and refuses to budge on that). Johnson and Oakleaf sounded horrible but I guess since they were so good last week they were given a free pass?

Anyways, it's a really good show and I am enjoying watching it.

One final comment, why are they singing so much rock on a country show and why aren't they being dinged for it?

ETA: Full episodes are available online at CMT, last night's hasn't been posted yet.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 05-24-2008 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3019406;
    *crickets*

I think I'm the only one watching this over here but if anybody else is....the house band? Isn't that Six Wire from America's Next Great Band? I recognize the guy on guitar because he reminded me of Josh Holloway. Also, the female violinist, she was on Rockstar, right?
    Yes, that is Sixwire as the house band on this show. I was thrilled when I saw them!! I have no idea who the blonde girl playing fddle might be, but she looks rather familiar. You mentioned she was on Rockstar, do you remember her name?

This is an interesting show and I enjoy watching it even though I can't stand Naomi.

I still am not seeing how it is fair to the newly paired up duos vs. the established duos. So far, 2 of the new duos have been eliminated from the competition and none of the existing duos have been eliminated yet. Having said that, the 2 newly formed duos still remaining in the competition (Will & Caitlin, and Johnson & Oakleaf) are among my top 3 along with Brownell & Richie.

I can't stand the Coppellas. They need to get over themselves, they are not as great as they think they are. I think it is pretty funny how Naomi is out gunning for these two. It is obvious that she despises them with a passion.

Insomnia is my friend *sighs* and since I can't sleep? Researched the violinist and her name is Andrea Young. She's got her own band and tours also with a band called Pavlov's Dog. She also seems to be touring with Tim McGraw and has played with the Chicks and has toured with Halfway to Hazard. I looked over her web site and nowhere is Rock Star listed but I remember her being on it. Her website doesn't go past 2008.

The host is from Temptation Island.

I don't really like the Coppola's either but thought they did really well on their song last night, I get the feeling that Naomi just hates them because they are prettier than her. She comes off as very spiteful and hateful where those two are concerned.

I used to love Naomi but I've changed my mind after seeing her on this show. She seriously creeped me out with the way she said if that one guy was younger she'd eat him up. Scary!

When Naomi was a guest judge on Nashville Star she was really wicked and said some cruel things to the contestants. I was beyond happy when I found out she was NOT one of the judges for Nashville Star this season.

It bugs me when she says "I got the picture" and then does the old holding the fake camera up to her eye and making the *click *click* sound. She is a strange woman.

My interpretation from what Naomi said in the last episode is that she dislikes the Coppolos because they have the same voice, which creates less interest than different voices blending. Other family groups that include sisters, brother, mother, father harmonies are interesting when the voices are not quite as close so you can differentiate between them. It's the fact that the voices are identical that seems to bother her.

I agree with her to the degree that I dislike people harmonizing with themselves, or playing all of the instruments - the sameness becomes overpowering and I start to wonder if they are so full of themselves that they don't trust anyone else, or if they don't have any friends. Identical twins are not quite the same thing though as they don't think exactly alike, so some differences will occur.

FORT Newbie

Okay. I loved that Cheater Cheater song by Rory and Joey. I want to get it on my MP3.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast