+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Viva Hollywood!

Re: Viva Hollywood!

Don't forget this Sunday is the 2 hour finale. Currently starting at 10pm to 12 midnite.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I really was hoping that Maria & Carlos would decide not to send either Roseny or Jen home last week after the duela, and instead make that stupid Giselle come down off the balcony and go home. She and that other guy (is it Giovanni) are both worthless and should not still be in the competition.

I am rootin' for Jen or Berto for the win!

This has been a fun show, I hope the ratings are good enough that they might consider Viva Hollywood 2.

May 25, 2008 - Sin of Scandal

The last of the telenovella sins, Scandal. The four remaining contestents had to create scandalous videos of themselves. Berto, stole the girls undies and dressed up in them. Geovanni, did a recreation of a drunken Hof. Giselle did a sex tape and Jen did a temper tantrum. Now really couldn't the producers be a little more cretive with Jen, she had done a temper tantrum in every single episode wheather she was acting or not. It is not a great stretch for her. She couldn't do suble if her life depended on it. She like a little terrier, attack, attack and yap, yap, yap. Giselle was perfect in her sex tape just like Paris Hilton, bland and no personality at all. I give Geovanni credit for going all out and Berto was hilarious.

I have several pet peeves about Giselle. She is tall but she slouches and hunches and has a no neck look it is so annoying, she so does not enhance her one of her few strong suits which is her height, and figure. Also the green strapless dress she was wearing needs to see the nearest garbage can. It flattens her boops and kept falling down. If you cannot afford a strapless dress that can hold you up then don't wear a cheap rag. Then there is her constance complaining. That physic and everyone else on the show is so right about her. She is her own worst enemy. She bitches that Berto is upset that he voted for Jen in the last Duello and yet she turns on Geovanni like a vicious barracuda. Allies one ep when she needed him to save her butt and pow. I couldn't believe what a hypocrite she was bashing Geovanni for doing shots to see what it is like to be drunk so he could do his well in his video. I am so glad that the producers pulled out the old footage from one of the first episodes where she had to play a love scene with another women and showed her having shots to do it and saying you have to be drunk to do this. She complains about everything. Even if it contradicts the stance she had the previous day. I can't see her going far in the industry as Berto says she does not give in a scene. She is difficult to work with. She doesn't get her way you are a bitch. When she gets her way its not worth it. It was hilarious to see her in the interview with Perez Hilton you could just see her clenching her jaw when he suggested that she have a nose job or that her boobs needed help. She can't relax and give anything. She deserved to be selected to go into the Duello. She was very lucky that Jen and Berto voted for Geovanni as he was the only one she could possibly beat.

Ah, poor Geovanni, that was the best acting I have seen him do (in the Duello). He has improved. If he could keep doing that he might be able to get jobs. He does need to bring more presence and personality to the roles but I do think he is a better actor than Giselle.

Giselle, Jen and Berto in the final three. There is no way Giselle can win unless Jen and Berto both have major accidents.

Comments on Viva Hollywood finale, May 25th 2008.

I wanted to wait a day or two between comments on the Sin of Scandal episode and the actual finale episode. The first part of the finale episode was rather fun. The remaining actors have been tasked with playing each other. Immediately Giselle starts complaining about imitating the people she has been competing with. How lame it that, how it's not real acting. OMG, same old, same old. Does this girl not learn? The other two contestents, Jen and Berto dive into the assignment holeheartedly and you can just see Giselle doing mental eyerolls about how stupid and lame this assignment is. Real actors need to be able to shed their walls and show their vulnerabilities to the world through their characters. I think Giselle is too scared of being hurt and cannot do that. To me all her acting is very flat, it also maybe her voice as I find it very monotone and unpleasant to listen to. Very whinny like an annoying pesky fly that you just want to swat. Is it that surprising that Giselle is eliminated in the first part of the episode.

I give Berto and Jen much credit for playing a hard game and surviving to the end. I would have liked to see Roseny in the finale as I feel she is a better actor than either Berto or Jen. I think maybe Berto and Jen are better game players. The Duello was fun as Berto went all out on Jen and kept control and he attacked her weakenesses which was that she was very one note. The out of controll yelling bitch. I do see the judges point though that they also wanted to see the actors real personalities and how they interacted with the other actors in the house. (I think Berto's calmer personality may handle the volatile waters of the entertainment business better then either Jen or Giselle. Jen has the drive and passion to be successfull but I can see her burning bridges with her loud opinions. Giselle will be trampled by the industry as she takes too much way too personally.) Still I hoped that Berto would win and he did. He won a part on a telenovella, a yr in a Miami condo and $100,000. Congratulations.

Over all the show was not that bad. It introduced me to Latin TV Culture and the over the top world of the telenovella and Carlo Ponce. I like how VH1 or the production company had the cutouts of the characters for the intro...all of VH1's shows seem to do this I wonder if it is an overall theme to let viewers know it is a "trashy" cable reality tv show?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkHero;2989027;
    I know for sure that Giselle is in the top three..!!!!!!
    Oooooh, you called it! Are you psychic?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2994282;
    Sin of Fire:
    Jen, I must admit she puts her heart and soul into her performances and she dominated the salsa. But as an actress she needs to address two issues (well maybe more). She overplucks her eyebrows. She needs to drop 10 to 20 lbs and hope it all comes off her stomach. She is really thick there and it is not attractive. Then I feel she has alot of nerve attacking Geovanni for being overdramatic. Pot here. That is just nasty to watch. She is also hypercritical of her partners. As an actor you cannot act alone and she needs to learn to be a team player. Yeah, like that will ever happen.
    I agree! I can't stand her. She does not have the look of a telenovela star. I personally loved Gisel and Roseny. Roseny was kind of dumb, but she was a great actress. Berto was a good choice to win, considering he has way more acting experience than any other contestant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234