+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Viva Hollywood!

Dax

Re: Viva Hollywood!

I can't believe Vinci from 8th and Ocean is in there. =O

So being a latin person I obviously watched a lot of telenovelas and I have to say that even that I now don't like them, I know how it works and it's not really that campy and that cheesy. Carlos Ponce is a great actor so he should get to do more in there other than narrate what's happening.

Some of them really made me believe I was watching the telenovelas I used to watch when I was younger like Giovanni, Berto and some other people I don't remember the names. Some of them didn't. One thing is true, the telenovelas that Telemundo produces are not like that. They are actually very high quality, not so cheesy.

i cant believe they kept vinci, the homophobe. he needs to go badly. what is he doing in this business with that kind of attitude?
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

Dax

It's weird because he was in 8th and Ocean , he was a model. I imagined all models were comfortable dealing with gays. Even if he wasn't dealing with gays, he knows that in acting you have to commit to every role they give you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax;2938167;
    It's weird because he was in 8th and Ocean , he was a model. I imagined all models were comfortable dealing with gays. Even if he wasn't dealing with gays, he knows that in acting you have to commit to every role they give you.
    He is in a field (entertainment) which employs and large percentage of openly gay and bisexual people. There are probably quite a few still in the closet. If he keeps up that attitude it will limit him getting jobs. Too bad, so sad. He is a jerk.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Sin of Vanity:

After all the drama Vinci created about doing a gay love scene he wears a very small (micro) speedo in the beauty pagent. He is so gay it blows. Then there is all the drama and maliciousness he causes in the house. All the other contestents hate him. He is the uber villan. I like how in the chapel all the contestents voted for Vinci to go into the Duelo.

Sin of Drama:

The reason I am mentioning the sins is that the show and challenges are based on the 7 Sins of Telanovela. We have done Lust, Passion, Vanity and are now up to Drama.

I liked the challenges: The Crying Game a nice twist on the name of a famous movie and crying on cue. Interesting views on the hypnotherapists. Some thought it was fake and reacted with a lot of scorn when Sylvia and Enrique were able to get in touch with a past life.

Giselle is getting jealous of Sylvia and Roberto. Funny how Sylvia winning the Crying Game Challenge did not endear herself to her roomies and Giselle campaigned to get her sent to the Duello. I don't mind people campaigning to eliminate someone because they are stronger, but not for petty jealousy.

I also cannot blame Sylvia for taking the opportunity of switching partners. This is a competition and you want to work with someone who will help you and not hurt you and her original partner; Geovanni, is one of the weakest actors in the house. It was strategic and yet the other people in the house, mainly female took it personally. As if they wouldn't have done the same thing if they were in her position.

The Talk Show Challenge was also interesting. Vinci and Jen could have had a really hilarious act if only he acted like the chichuahua is was supposed to be. The teams all had 10 miutes to rehearse and develop their characters and both Vinci and Enrique dropped the ball. I think Enrique is too sensitive to be in this business. Saying he was exhausted from the Crying Challenge and hynpnotherapy was a valid point but regardless if he is filiming a show and it is an 18 hour day you still have to deliver that is your job. He really needs to work on that.

Overall I do think Enrique, Geovanni and Vinci are the weakest male actors. The only difference between the three is that Vinci does have presence and the other do not. Well, Geovanni has some, but I am sorry to say on film Enrique is boring. I did think that Vinci was going to beat Enrique based on that alone but It was very evident during the speech portion of the Duelo that while Enrique was giving valid reason why Vinci should leave the house, Vinci was being just mean and vindictive and trying to cut and demean Enrique. It is very obvious that the other castmates hate Vinci and he is very hard to work with. I do think that Vinci's own mouth again put him in the Duelo and killed his chances. He should not have made his statements to Enrique personal. Oh, well. He was a great villan and I will miss him.

FORT Fanatic

I think they should all be kept, 'cause Lord are they dramatic.

Berto may be the only one who hasn't totally bugged the hell out of me.

I want to watch this show but i keep missing it! Argh!

Oh well, knowing VH1, they will show a marathon when the season ends anyway.
    Currently Watching: America's Next Top Model c11, I Love Money and Project Runway 5

Want to Win: Lauren Brie (ANTM 11) and Korto (PR5)
    Just Go Away: Analeigh (ANTM 11) and Kenley (PR5)

vinci is gone. i dont care if he was a douche bag, he was SO hot. much hotter than enrique. although enrique's final speech was very convincing.

in the end, i would have much preffered a hot looking jerk than an average looking so-so actor.
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

Jesus this show has some sexy guys!! Vinci was my #1 even if he was the villain, his hotness made up for it. I really liked Alexi, soooo hot (although he was really short). Berto is right up there with the hot guys on my list. But i think it's pretty crappy that he's hooking up with all these girls when he has been with his girlfriend for 10 years. I liked Kalaim, basically i was loving the puertorricans... I dont think Enrique is good looking at all, and I don't like his or Giovanni's haircut. Only one of my hot puertoricans left! Go Berto!!

But yeah, all in all, this show is awesome. They're so extra dramatic! (well, not only are they actors of TELENOVELAS, but they're latinos! come on)
    I love them all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast