+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Groomer Has It

Re: Groomer Has It

Honestly, he is the only judge whose name I remember and that is only because I hate him SO much! Now, obviously I don't know him personally to make a true character judgement but he has such a look (and attitude, for that matter) of arrogance, superiority and know-it-allness that I want to throw a rock at him. Or maybe just sick a dog on him. Nope. Don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3071727;
    I could not believe that Jonathan said Kathleen's arrogance was getting to him. Take a good look in a mirror.
    But at least he acknowledged she was his strongest competitor.
    You and me both! I cannot stand him. I didn't like Kathleen, either so I was glad to see her gone. Artist is a dear man. I hope he wins but I'm really scared for him. With Jonathan having so much experience and all. Let's hope it's in the cards for the truly good man to win. Artist is a genuine person and that's what makes him so likeable.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Kao

After watching the last two episodes (which I TIVOed) it's safe to say that I really can't stand Jonathan. I won't deny his talent but his sense of entitlement is out of this world. He made Jorge do the bulk of the work cleaning the truck, and his snooty "I don't care" attitude about punching a hole in a 100 grand truck was just full of ugh. He's like the clerk in the store who is nice to your face and then trashes you as soon as you hit the door. And we get it; you have a "celebrity clientele" in New York and you're so above everyone in this competition. If that's the case why announce it every episode?

Do I think Jonathan is probably the better groomer? Yes. But it takes a little bit more than that. Artist lacks in experience but he works hard, a quick learner and does the best he can. With time, I think he can become a GREAT groomer.

As much as people dislike Xavier, I like the fact that he calls people on their BS every single time. Absolutely loved it when he and the Italian judge totally called Jonathan on the whole "I picked the most difficult dog" issue.

I actually got teary-eyed at the end! What a great rundown to be able to watch all the episodes at once, plus those fun bloops.

Whoo-hoo! FINALLY the best man wins! I'm sooo happy for Artist. His boy sure is sweet looking. Jonathan's face was priceless. He was seething.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

And his comment at the end "I should have won this" Well no, the judges and the public agreed, sweetie. Artist is planning to give back to the community, all Johnathan plans to do is make mo' money

Quote Originally Posted by duplessis3;3086555;
    And his comment at the end "I should have won this" Well no, the judges and the public agreed, sweetie. Artist is planning to give back to the community, all Johnathan plans to do is make mo' money
    I don't have any problem with any of the contestants making money via their appearance on the show. After all, Animal Planet is making plenty thru the contestants participation. I WAS very happy to see Artist win. It is the first time in a long time that I felt that the nicest, most deserving AND most talented contestant won. But I would also have been happy to see Jonathon win too. He was by far the most talented groomer and had a great "bedside manner" with his contestants. He just didn't have much rapport with the other contestants. And you're right his comment at the end, "I should have won this." was way tacky. He would have done himself more good to just keep his mouth shut, thank the viewers and judges etc. and congratulate Artist and go home with SOME dignity left.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

YEAH!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3086737;
    I don't have any problem with any of the contestants making money via their appearance on the show. After all, Animal Planet is making plenty thru the contestants participation. I WAS very happy to see Artist win. It is the first time in a long time that I felt that the nicest, most deserving AND most talented contestant won. But I would also have been happy to see Jonathon win too. He was by far the most talented groomer and had a great "bedside manner" with his contestants. He just didn't have much rapport with the other contestants. And you're right his comment at the end, "I should have won this." was way tacky. He would have done himself more good to just keep his mouth shut, thank the viewers and judges etc. and congratulate Artist and go home with SOME dignity left.
    That is a bit of a setup as all the contestents are scheduled to do post elimination confessionals. There the production assistants of course ask the most obvious questions that are then edited to what we see. Jonathan had great game face during the contest and I am sure he was thinking he was the better groomer but he did not say that at that point when Artist was picked he said it in the confessional. All in all Jonathan seemed much calmer during this last episode not as intense and in total bitchy competition mode as he was during the majority of the series. I do think Jonathan is the better groomer and probably better business man. Artist did grow the most during the series and is probably a bit more charitable than Jonathan. I would have been OK with either contestent winning this contest. However, I do question that some viewers felt that Artist was more deserving of winning because he "seemed" like he woud be more charitable and give back to the community. That always sounds so bogus to me. You owe yourself first, you need to take care of yourself and your family before you can be charitable to others. I do believe that Artist would sacrifice to give to his son, but would he choose to give to others and let his son suffer? I don't think so. Also Artist's does hope to start a grooming school in south LA, that is a duo purpose of having a profitable business and teaching people a viable skill that they can make a living at. It is a niche and he sees it and would like to fill it. Well, good for him. It is not necessarily that charitable as it is a good business opportunity. Regardless, I enjoyed the series and I so think that Artist is a deserving winner.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

If there was never a "championship" round, I think that Jonathan should've won. However, he screwed up several dogs (most esp the Maltese, who was done horribly), and that was probably what tipped the scales in Artist's favor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast