+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Groomer Has It

Re: Groomer Has It

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3045495;
    I loved the way they promoted the shelter and the rescue efforts of the Lange Foundation in Los Angeles. (This is the same shelter that Oprah promoted on her show about puppy mills.) But, I think they fouled it up by turning it into a challenge. By making it a competition to see who could get their dog adopted they turned the rescue process upside down. Instead of helping match the right dog with the right person, the contestants were pushed into placing their dog with whoever walked through the door - a practice no responsible rescue organization would condone. Artist is the only one who "go it".
    Very good point. I was thinking that through the show, too. I didn't like the fact that they had just four dogs, also. I was hoping they would be working for all the dogs there. I so wanted that sweet Dalmation! Good thing I don't live near there.
    Props to Animal Planet for promoting petfinder.com every episode. That is an awesome site for finding an animal to adopt.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

June 14th, 2008

Mobile Groomer Truck Challenge.

Ah...I kinda felt bad that Kathleen went home. She is a really gracious competitor. Still the judges confuse me. They say that Jorge and Jonathan damaging the grooming van is very major bad, on top of that Jonathan butchered the Cairn Terrier's ears (customer didn't complain). While Kathleen and Artist not telling the customer that one of the dogs nails is bleeding was bad (customer complained) but not as major bad as the other team damaging the truck. Kathleen and Artist did find a skin problem on another one of the dogs and that was a good thing. I would think that one would balance the other. So basically it was worse that a customer complained about a nail bleeding (which happens all the time while grooming) vs damaging a $100,000 mobile grooming truck.

Last episode Jonathan was very negative and vocal about Kathleen going home. On the surface the implication is that he does not like her and lets make it an "all boy's club" but underneath Jonathan just wants his major competition gone. What a sneaky cutthroat.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

2 more episodes to go. There will be a recap episode airing right before the finale for those of you who have missed any episodes.

Thanks Bearcata. I'll check to see what time it's on. I missed the last two weeks due to my move. Hopefully it won't be on at 9 EST.

FORT Newbie

really Looking forward to the next few episodes

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3061391;
    Thanks Bearcata. I'll check to see what time it's on. I missed the last two weeks due to my move. Hopefully it won't be on at 9 EST.
    The recap should be on a 8pm EST right before the finale at 9pm.

Yeah Artist! I was worried for him when Zach (?) came by and said he was pulling the hair wrong or twisting his wrist. But then I knew Jorge's dog looked REAAL bad, so I figured Jorge was going home. So it's the young pup vs. the old hand. I wonder though if Kathleen was eliminated last week just to set up Jonathan's win. That way he'd have no competition, basically.

Xavier is the snooty judge's name. I guessed from the editing that Jorge was going home. They showed him several times throughout the episode saying that Artist would probably go home and/or that he and Jonathan would likely be the final 2. That's the kind of editing The Bachelor does. Show one person over and over saying they're staying or that So-and-So is going and it's usually a sure sign that the speaker is going. But I'm glad Artist is in the final. He seems like a good guy and always seems to consider the dog first.

I could not believe that Jonathan said Kathleen's arrogance was getting to him. Take a good look in a mirror.

But at least he acknowledged she was his strongest competitor.

I see that they are accepting applications for season 2.

Xavier is the snooty judge's name.
    Thanx, Talula! I basically pay no attention to the judges.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast