+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Groomer Has It

Premium Member

Re: Groomer Has It

I caught the last 15 minutes of this yesterday, but it's the first time I have seen it. "You will have to go back to the doghouse with your tail between your legs?" I can't believe he said that with a straight face.

This Saturday's winner will be picked by a pet physic, I kid you not.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yeah, but she either is for real, or she they gave her inside information. But she's right that Artist does need to calm down. He's very nervous, but I imagine that would come with more experience.

I knew Jasper was gone from the moment Artist kept talking about how he wanted them both in the finals and how Jasper was his BFF.

And Jonathan is an arrogant Ahole. I hope Kathleen wins it all.

Oh, and Jorge?! Formal does not mean you color the damn dog! WTH! If I was those owners I would've been majorly pissed. Artist had it right. There's no reason to ever color your dog. (Except to promote breast cancer!)
    Last edited by hutchlover; 05-31-2008 at 10:30 PM.

If you had seen Kathleen with CATS and other breeds of dogs, you would totally trust her to do groom your animal. Because I think if someone brought her a chow, she'd suggest finding someone else to do it.

I lov ethis show, if only because the models can bite the groomers.

Quote Originally Posted by duplessis3;3032183;
    If you had seen Kathleen with CATS and other breeds of dogs, you would totally trust her to do groom your animal. Because I think if someone brought her a chow, she'd suggest finding someone else to do it.

I love this show, if only because the models can bite the groomers.
    You are so right.

I was so pissed off last night as I felt Jasper should not have been the one to go but Artist should have been. Still I do agree with the judges why didn't you look at what Jonathan was doing (Jonathan certainly saw what Jasper was doing) and not trust to memory and grooming books. It is an open environment, all the contestents know that Kathleen and Jonathan have groomed for competition. Duh! A winner must use his brains as well as common sense. Still I am hoping for a Jonathan and Kathleen finale as they are the 2 best groomers with a slight tilt in Kathleen's favor. At this point in the game it is for either one to lose.

I disagree Bearcata. One, I like Artist. But two Jasper totally butchered that dog's head! I wasn't sure at first if he did too much, or he didn't take off enough of the fur/mane. Cause that dog's head did look like it had shrunk and I'm sure that dog was embarrased.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3032554;
    I disagree Bearcata. One, I like Artist. But two Jasper totally butchered that dog's head! I wasn't sure at first if he did too much, or he didn't take off enough of the fur/mane. Cause that dog's head did look like it had shrunk and I'm sure that dog was embarrased.
    I just feel that Artist has been given a couple of free passes. I don't think he is on the same level as Jonathan or Kathleen.

Oh, I agree there, Bearcata. I can't stand Jonathan's arrogance, but there's no doubt he's very, very good.

Kao

...as long as he's grooming a Poodle or something similar. :/

06/07/08 - Adoptions

I must admit as far as engaging people Jorge and Artist are the better sales type people. Jonathan is too intense and he is asking people questions that they can say "no" to. One thing I learned in Hickory Farms is to just smile, be friendly and lure the customers into the store with a quick taste. Jonathan is not a naturally friendly guy. He comes across too intense. Kathleen is similiar. What I learned at AT&T is just ask the customer to buy a product and I was surprised how many did. Also don't get upset if someone says no. If you remember to ask everyone you will get your quota of the day. I must say that I was very impressed with Artist and kept hoping that the judges were looking at his total performance. He was there to win but also for the dogs. He is basically responsible for Jorge's and Jonathan's dogs getting adopted because he was generous with his spirit. I was so hoping he would win a prize because of that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast