+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Groomer Has It

Re: Groomer Has It

May 17th,2008

This episode is all about the pirahna of the dog grooming world the Chow chow. I am so sad that Will left. While the judges all agreed neither Will nor Kathleen should have been in the bottom 2 someone had to go. I had hoped it would have been Kathleen. I would also like to know how the divide between the folks started. No one seems to like Malissa, Will or Jessica. Is it personality or just an opportunity to throw some folks into a group and then under the bus?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3004862;
    May 17th,2008

Is it personality or just an opportunity to throw some folks into a group and then under the bus?

I am a "Pet Stylist" and in my IMHO none of these people really represent the best of the Pet Grooming industry. As far as the split in personalities (groups), I think it is like any other "reality" show - not everyone is going to get along. It doesn't appear that any of the other Stylists had the opportunity to throw anyone under the bus" THIS TIME. Hehe!

The judges made the right decision. Will's Chow was totally over manicured.

Fatima/Whitney/Stacy Ann TopModelFan1's Avatar

Is this really a show?
    Tyra, please don't shave my head.

Quote Originally Posted by TopModelFan1;3005444;
    Is this really a show?
    Yes, it really is a show. When I first heard about it I thought, holy cow the producers and Animal Planet have totally lost it. I mean how lame is a reality show about dog groomers. But it is the personalities and the challenges that make it fun and the expressions such as; "going back to the Dog House", the "quick snip" challenge, "having a leg up" over your competition. That and Jai (the host) says it with a straight face.

I couldn't stop watching this trainwreck. I'm a reality junkie and my Twin Sister scarastically asked if the "quickfire" would be called a "quick clip". She was so close to being correct we just howled with laughter. I was going to add that at least they don't take themselves too seriously, but the funny thing is, they do. I guess everyone is entitled to be passionate about what they do.

If you think about it Groomer Has It is the animal version of Bravo's Shear Genius.

May 24th - photo shoot.

Huh, I thought that this challenge was a bit of a train wreck. They all deserved to go home. I would have perferred to see Jorge sent home over Jessica just because Will and Jessica and Malissa seemed to totally piss off the others and now who is left. Jorge, Jasper, Jonathan, Artist and Kathleen. Artist is at least taking chances. Kathleen can groom so can Jonathan. Jasper is not creative and it will eventually bit him in the butt. I really don't know about Jorge but his cocker looked kinda sick tonight. Maybe a tiara would have helped.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3004862;
    May 17th,2008

This episode is all about the pirahna of the dog grooming world the Chow chow. I am so sad that Will left. While the judges all agreed neither Will nor Kathleen should have been in the bottom 2 someone had to go. I had hoped it would have been Kathleen. I would also like to know how the divide between the folks started. No one seems to like Malissa, Will or Jessica. Is it personality or just an opportunity to throw some folks into a group and then under the bus?
    This is the only episode I've seen at this point, and I couldn't believe the way Kathleen mishandled her chow chow. She deserved to go home over that! How could anyone trust her with their dog?

I liked the way Kia looked after Will's sculpting, but realize it did not conform to the breed's standard.

I would much rather our dog get a bad haircut (after all hair grows back!), then be terrorized by the groomer. Zorro, Kathleen's dog did nothing to deserve being treated that way. Kathleen needs to find a new profession if she is letting a past bad experience with a dog control her reaction to another of the same breed.

I really wish Will had stayed over Kathleen.

Quote Originally Posted by DayByDay;3022003;
    This is the only episode I've seen at this point, and I couldn't believe the way Kathleen mishandled her chow chow. She deserved to go home over that! How could anyone trust her with their dog?

I liked the way Kia looked after Will's sculpting, but realize it did not conform to the breed's standard.

I would much rather our dog get a bad haircut (after all hair grows back!), then be terrorized by the groomer. Zorro, Kathleen's dog did nothing to deserve being treated that way. Kathleen needs to find a new profession if she is letting a past bad experience with a dog control her reaction to another of the same breed.
    I too liked the way Kia (Will's dog) looked but I am not familiar at all of the breed standard. Kia looked as if she had been washed and groomed within an inch of her life.

I really wish Will had stayed over Kathleen.
    I also would have perfered that Will stayed over Kathleen. I liked him. He seemed to have a very nice personality. That and Will staying annoyed the heck out of Jonathan.

Kao

I'm of two minds about it. On the one hand her chow was doing just fine; as a matter of fact it looked like it was one of those dogs that actually ENJOY getting groomed (since its tail was wagging and it was grinning). It only started to freak out after she put the muzzle on it.

On the other hand, chows are notorious for being fine one minute and being nippy the next, so I can understand her fear.

And ugh, I'm so tired of Jonathan. Every time he opens his mouth its to bash someone, and it stopped being cute a long time ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast