+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Groomer Has It

Re: Groomer Has It

This is a hoot. It may just become my FAVORITE reality show. Who do you think smells worse, the puppies or the groomers (I've got a fiver on the groomers) And the poor guy who lost (SPOILER) tonight, why he was bawling like a baby. I felt real sorry for him, he obviously takes his work real serious.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2934582;
    Finally caught this show this weekend. Loved it! I was so inspired I took my smooshy babies out back and gave them a good scrub down.
    Okay now "livin", the world wants to know. Are your smooshy babies your children, pets, or stuffed animal collection. . . . lol.

All I can say it that Will is one lucky dog. He was given the golden opportunity to pick his team and the other two. While I thought he blew his opportunity I thought the all boys team was a shoo in to go down in flames. But to then embarass his teammates in front of the judges and other teams. He was begging to be clipped off. The man does not have two brain cells to rub together. I was amazed to watch the judges critique how the game should be played and how not too be too honest as it can and will bite your butt.

As for Melissa, that beyotch is another lucky puppy. If her team had lost she would have been on her way out. In a team challenge the most important thing is to be a teammate. It is a fine line being a teammate as Amber of Will's team was too stupid to listen to the other female and let the fashion designs be cohesive. Overall a fun episode full of yips and yaps.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I luv it when one of the groomers said he can't stand cats and then they had to groom cats.

I absolutely cannot believe Malissa (that's how she spells her name) sissored the cats face and trimed it's whiskers off. I am also surprised the judges did not ream her for cutting the cat's whiskers off. I swear the longer she stayed in this contest the dumber she became. Her vote off was well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2985447;
    I luv it when one of the groomers said he can't stand cats and then they had to groom cats.

I absolutely cannot believe Malissa (that's how she spells her name) sissored the cats face and trimed it's whiskers off. I am also surprised the judges did not ream her for cutting the cat's whiskers off. I swear the longer she stayed in this contest the dumber she became. Her vote off was well deserved.
    She didn't! Cut the whiskers off??? I didn't get to see this episode cause of family commitments.....plan on catching the replay during the week....thank goodness Malissa is gone....but.....cutting a meow's whiskers? That is sacriligious! (or so my cats tell me!)

Can someone give me a recap? Pretty please? My curiousity is well, feline LOL!
    Last edited by Jazzie1953; 05-11-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: grammar LOL!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzie1953;2986186;
    She didn't! Cut the whiskers off??? I didn't get to see this episode cause of family commitments.....plan on catching the replay during the week....thank goodness Malissa is gone....but.....cutting a meow's whiskers? That is sacriligious! (or so my cats tell me!)

Can someone give me a recap? Pretty please? My curiousity is well, feline LOL!
    Very quick recap.

Malissa confronted Kathleen and Jonathan about the challenge in particular when Kathleen took the dog Malissa was grooming. Malissa felt it was a slap in the face. Both Jonathan and Kathleen said they both heard that Malissa was finished grooming and both felt more more was needed so Kathleen took the dog and proceeded to trim more off the feet and toes. At this point Kathleen stayed quiet and Malissa and Jonathan went at it. Basically, Jonathan and Kathleen were saying this was a team challenge and that Malissa should get over it, and that she was not being a team player. She and Jonathan just went over and over and over and he finally left. If their team had been in the bottom Malissa would have been voted out and she just does not get it.

Next day, grumpy groomers trying to get up and eat breakfast and Jorge and Jessica got into it with him saying he does not like cats and she loves cats.

The groomers went to a firehouse and got a quick lesson in animal first aid and CPR. The challenge was to deal with a dogs cut ear, deal with a possibley broken leg and perform CPR. It was a timed challenge and Jasper got 5 seconds taken off as a prize from winning the previous elimination challenge. Artist went first and did it in 2:35, no one could touch him. In fact Malissa was stopped after she reached the 4 minute mark. Jasper beat Artist with a time of 2:03 minus 5 seconds = 1:58. Kathleen came close with a time of 2:04.

Next was the elimination challenge.

Guess what the challenge is to groom cats. In this case Himalayans. A cat expert came out and specifically gave some instructions about how to groom cats and she said not to sissor the face or cut the whiskers. Artist had a lot of problems. His cat pooped 3 times and at the very end peed on himself. Artist's cat also scratched him and bit him. He was not happy. Jorge noticed Malissa sissoring her cat's face and cutting the whiskers when she was not supposed to. He told Jonathan, and they were laughing about it. During the judging Malissa blatantly lied about it, or said she thought they were supposed to do it. Whatever, this put a big target on her back. Will did an excellent job. Kathleen won the challenge with Will being runner up. Malissa was sent home.

Her final interview was a trip. The girl plays dumb too well, it only takes you so far.

Kao

She was also a very sore loser...when Artist went to hug her and give her words of encouragement, she shoeved him away and left. She didn't thank the judges either.

FORT Newbie

Hi. I am so happy to finally be able to post here. I really love this show and wanted to get on just to say that and say how much I dislike Malissa. She really appears to have some real issues with people and animals like how she holds her teeth clenched together and talks through them. It bothered me a lot to see her groom that poor cat. I mean who in the world would trim a face the way she did and remove the whiskers even had the woman wanted her to touch it up? It was so botched! I have a Lhasa Apso dog and the one rule for my groomer... leave the eye lashes because they are a big part of the dogs face. I would have on that girl had she done that to my dog. She was so inexperienced with animals all the way around that I wouldn't even have given her as much credit as they did in judging to say she might have been experienced but been out of it 5 years. Her being voted off was going to have to happen or I would probably have stopped watching. Her 'playing dumb' was no act.

Artist still seems like he could be a decent groomer. Yeah he had a hard time with the cat, but hopefully he can just say no cats in his business. One judge gave him a hard time for sitting on the grooming table while drying the cat, but having groomed Persians for show, that is an excellent way to hold them while drying the tummy as he was.

Will really kicked it in there with purrsonality and care for the cat. He seems to get it now. I like him. Johnathan is a good groomer as are some others. Kathleen is good and won because they liked her 'psychology' with the cat. She said the cat didn't like to be stared at so she made sure the cat was never facing her or whatever and gave it space. Whatever! Something bothers me about Kathleen and it will come out later I am sure. The gal with long brown hair didn't do so hot if you ask me. She barely slid through this one.

Overall, I record this series and hope they keep doing it. I'd also love to see one for human hair styling.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;2988884;
    She was also a very sore loser...when Artist went to hug her and give her words of encouragement, she shoeved him away and left. She didn't thank the judges either.
    Right. She doesn't even qualify as one you love to hate. Just one you are glad is gone. The judges commented when she burst out with this fake crying with no tears " that's part of it" meaning part of her problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet1evie;2990201;
    Hi. I am so happy to finally be able to post here. I really love this show and wanted to get on just to say that and say how much I dislike Malissa. She really appears to have some real issues with people and animals like how she holds her teeth clenched together and talks through them. It bothered me a lot to see her groom that poor cat. I mean who in the world would trim a face the way she did and remove the whiskers even had the woman wanted her to touch it up? It was so botched! I have a Lhasa Apso dog and the one rule for my groomer... leave the eye lashes because they are a big part of the dogs face. I would have on that girl had she done that to my dog. She was so inexperienced with animals all the way around that I wouldn't even have given her as much credit as they did in judging to say she might have been experienced but been out of it 5 years. Her being voted off was going to have to happen or I would probably have stopped watching. Her 'playing dumb' was no act.

Artist still seems like he could be a decent groomer. Yeah he had a hard time with the cat, but hopefully he can just say no cats in his business. One judge gave him a hard time for sitting on the grooming table while drying the cat, but having groomed Persians for show, that is an excellent way to hold them while drying the tummy as he was.

Will really kicked it in there with purrsonality and care for the cat. He seems to get it now. I like him. Johnathan is a good groomer as are some others. Kathleen is good and won because they liked her 'psychology' with the cat. She said the cat didn't like to be stared at so she made sure the cat was never facing her or whatever and gave it space. Whatever! Something bothers me about Kathleen and it will come out later I am sure. The gal with long brown hair didn't do so hot if you ask me. She barely slid through this one.

Overall, I record this series and hope they keep doing it. I'd also love to see one for human hair styling.
    I totally luv how you said that.

Can you see Will or Malissa holding down a human client, washing them, airdrying them, trimming their nails and eyebrows, plucking their earhairs? Just picture it in your head, it is just too funny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast