+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Know My Kid's a Star

Re: I Know My Kid's a Star

I just watched GiGi lose it on the blonde mom (Pam?)....anyway, Gigi is crazy, why do the producers let these women act like such fools especially in the presence of children. After watching her, i think she ruined any chance her daughter would have had in the industry, who would want a mother like that around the set. Nice role model, Gigi! Her poor child!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;2970058;
    I just watched GiGi lose it on the blonde mom (Pam?)....anyway, Gigi is crazy, why do the producers let these women act like such fools especially in the presence of children. After watching her, i think she ruined any chance her daughter would have had in the industry, who would want a mother like that around the set. Nice role model, Gigi! Her poor child!
    somebody should call child protection services or something. gigi is dangerous. what she is doing to the child is abuse. imagine all that pressure being put on your tender little frail mind? gigi is so horrible that i cant even bear to watch her.
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

Yeah, Gigi DEFINITELY has a screw loose.

And it's too bad that Alai is her daughter.

It's true that you can pick your friends, but not your relatives.

Gigi going off on Pam on the stage in front of Danny and Marki was bad enough, but what was really totally chilling to me about her was when she and Alai were driving off at the end, she was telling Alai that she needed to have more confidence.

Who turned out the lights?

Clearly, Gigi wasn't listening or heard only what she wanted to hear when Danny clearly and pointedly said: "YOU are not ready for Hollywood!", and looked directly at Gigi. Of course, everybody else in the free world understood that he was talking about GIGI not being ready, NOT Alai. Yet, in the car on the way out, Gigi managed to spin their ouster into ALAI needing to have more confidence.

WTF????????

The more I think about this, the more I tend to agree wth luvsginger and pooja . . . Alai is in a lot of trouble having Gigi as a mother because Gigi DOES appear to be both crazy, and dangerous.

I feel so very, very sorry for Alai.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

It seems barely auditioned the kids for the show. It was all about a freakfest of moms and if the moms/parents weren't screwed up enough to make good TV, they didn't make the cut. They outdid themselves with these loonmongers.

Gigi - thank God for Alai that it's all on tape and as she grows older and needs therapy, it'll be all there for the therapist (psychologist, police department - whoever) to see in colorvision! Maybe Alai has a nice auntie she can go live with. Who taught her all those "good things" we heard her trying to tell her psychotic mother? Ay carumba.

I wonder if they let the moms out of the house for "breaks" or if they're all locked up like prisoners. That would make me suicidal/homicidal...
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm so glad for Alai that she is finally off the show. That poor girl no more seemed to want to be there than "the man in the moon". She is/was doing everything to please her mother. I've seen that "need to please mother" in my own family, with that same look in the eyes....and it never worked out. It's heartbreaking. A child like Alai probably won't have the ability to get over trying to live her life for her mother until she is well into adulthood. I hate it, and it's very sad.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

DistractedByShinyThings micmac68's Avatar

Can you believe McKenzie won??? Wow!! I missed the episode, but I'm sure it will be on again a bunch of times before next week! Did anyone watch it??

Yeah, I saw that. The other girl's mother lost it for her daughter, by always wanting to blame everything and everybody else for whatever went wrong for her daughter. And she could also stand to get her daughter some voice lessons.....before we see her on American Idol, ala David Archuleta. The girl has the potential to have a good voice, but she could use some training.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by micmac68;2982078;
    Can you believe McKenzie won??? Wow!! I missed the episode, but I'm sure it will be on again a bunch of times before next week! Did anyone watch it??
    I saw it! I can't believe this girl won! I think it was just because of her mother though. Cheyenne was really good! Its a shame she was penalized because of her mother. McKenzie was a cute kid, but she was kind of average in all aspects. I can't believe it!

My roomie and I actually agreed that McKenzie was the right choice to win.. Cheyenne to us seemed very fake, very over the top, very in your face, and being overly confident in yourself as a little kid is not the same thing as being talented no matter how loud you are... she over acted everything, she screamed instead of sang, and she was completely overbearing on the radio interviews... not to mention the smack talking on the other blond girl during the finale, to me she seemed like a little nightmare that everyone heaped praise on which is just going to drive her to become another one of the hollywood lindsay types... and her mom admitted she would do a casting couch on national television? gross... Mckenzie was adorable, and I think had much more potential, not to mention she's three years younger... definitely the right kid won
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

What we are losing sight of is that this competition was as much, if not more, about whether or not the parents were ready for Hollywood. If you will recall, everytime somebody was let go, it was said to the parent, "YOU are not ready for Hollywood!"

Cheyenne's mother did not live in realilty-ville. McKenzie's mom was more grounded.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast