+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Step It Up and Dance (Bravo)

Step It Up and Dance (Bravo)

Um, guess I'm the first to want to post about this show. Last night was the premier episode.

I think I'll like this better than the "So You Think You Can Dance with the Stars" shows.

I was sorry to see that one girl go due to injury, because during the rehearsals she seemed to have a really pretty, graceful style. I also liked the dance style of the one who was her own worst enemy by psyching herself out and leaving the stage. They both drew our attention when dancing in the group.
    I do NOT like the style of the girls who "dance like an angry man," and was surprised a judge made that comment and then named that same girl the week's winner anyway. She did not command attention at all, so what the???

Re: Step It Up and Dance (Bravo)

I find it hard to believe that she is 18 years old! Looks a little more worn....

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2895286;
    I was sorry to see that one girl go due to injury, because during the rehearsals she seemed to have a really pretty, graceful style.

I do NOT like the style of the girls who "dance like an angry man," and was surprised a judge made that comment and then named that same girl the week's winner anyway.
    I was somewhat irratated at the girl's injury. The show told the dancers they were going out to paarty. She wore nice boots, and apparently that was part, if not all of the cause for her injury. Granted, the mentor said to be "ready," but one can't be ready for EVERYTHING, unless, of course, one was a Boy/Girl Scout! Really doesn't seem right that she was booted out (pardon the pun) by the show not giving full disclosure.

I especially didn't care for the blond 'angry man' gal! She just looked plain mean and vindictive! lt made no sense that she was picked the winner.

I think some of these 'characters' are going to get reeeal old, reeeal fast!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Agree on the boots thing. This isn't the first reality show in the world. I find it hard to believe that someone would expect that they were "just" going out. As for the hip hop girl, I disagree. I think she's quite good and has the right body type for many of the professional opportunities today. Nicole (the one booted) and Jessica (the one who ran off) look like studio/competition dancers. There's a big difference between comp and pro. The comp dancers have months to work on their routines and rarely have to improvise. The pros know they have to pick up the choreo right away as that's a good chunk of what they're judged on during auditions.

I was surprised that I liked this show. It's too bad that the girl had on the wrong shoes to dance in but it is a dance show and seems that common sense would have told her to wear something more practical. I don't know why she didn't just take them off before it got so bad.

Was het injury that bad that she had to quit?
    I did not hear what was wrong.

The faces the angry blond man made were ridiculous
    Liked the 2 boys who were named the best of the eviction group.
    And so many gay guys by the way.

" Do I dance like a fag?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Torn tendon/ligament. My guess is that her leg will be casted to minimize movement to allow it to heal, if she's not getting surgical repair.

Hope I'm remembering that right.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Can't stand the hostess, seems like she is trying to hard to channel the Top Chef hostess (almost sounds like her). But overall I really liked this show. DWTS is such a let down this year and after only watching one show and no more I was looking around for a replacement. I think this show fits the bill for me. The dancers are good and I liked the overall competition with the audition round and the losers and winners groups. Bet they wished they hadn't put that blond in the winners group after she ran off the stage. Sorry, don't know ANY of their names just yet.

I don't care for the hostess either, she reminds me of the first hostess on Top Chef (I only remember that she was Billy Joel's daughter and she was not memorable).

I am reserving my opinion on this show for now. I was impressed by the resumes of many of the contestants, but I wasn't blown away by anything I saw on this episode. I am definitely interested enough to keep watching - I just hope it ends up on par with Project Runway and doesn't fall flat like that hair stylist show that Bravo did a while back!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This show is what is going to help me survive until SYTYCD shows up.....whenever that will be.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast